Author Topic: What if Segabits ran Segasammy?  (Read 32474 times)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: What if Segabits ran Segasammy?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »
As far as my own interests are concerned, XSEED a month or two ago had a job posting for a "Localization Editor" mentioned in a NeoGAF thread. Reading about it sounded awesome. Stuff like that or analyzing game mechanics are things that I find fun personally. As much as I like dissecting game ideas or design things, I also find the idea of collaborating on those things fun, though I'm not in the position to do so cause I don't really have any skills =P. There are some elements of being a producer that sound fun and other elements that sound extreme snoresville.

If I were in a management position I would be half tempted to like, run Sega into the ground with greenlighting all of the projects I want...maybe not seriously, but distant management isn't something I'm really interested in. In any case it would not be possible for all of us to determine the direction of the company anyway, it wouldn't be functional.

I love reading your ideas. Especially Will's suggestion that ROJM and TA work together everyday.

edit: I wonder what Kori-Maru would be interested in?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:03:39 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:08 pm »
You just decide to take your time to insult and slander me because you was probably reading my other post. Wanted to join the band wagon and used this opportunity to verbal abuse me. Eitherway nobody here is logical in charge of SEGA. That is their decision alone to bring a new console along.

I am not talking about making an upgrade. I am talking about a new system all together. No DLC however. Just sell them in stores and save the DLC/Auyugah for China.
Again, i am sorry if my comment offense you, but let me tell you something, yes, i had read your previous comments in the whole forum and you have a very weird way to express yourself, i dont know if it is lke this in person or only when you are writing, or it is because you have problems with the english if this is not your mother language like me, but you say a lot of nonsense and i am not the only one who think this. Thats my opinion about you, i will not start a discussion so i am not going to reply if you answer me now and i recommend you to think twice before you write, thats all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:13:03 pm by Mariano »

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »
George or Barry ought to run human relations. The directive would be to get new blood into the company. Sega used to be a breeding ground for talent; now it's a barren tomb. Convincing new blood to come into the company from the top computer and art schools in NY, London and Tokyo with higher pay, more creative freedom and strong incentives for winning awards. Loosen up deadlines. If a game needs to be delayed, it's delayed. That only serves to build hype, anyway.

I'd give Joe digital operations. Again, beef it up. Creative Assembly Australia shouldn't have been axed; they should have been given Aladdin next. A studio or two dedicated to "re-imaginings" of classic Sega games (a completely revamped Daytona for instance), ports of DC/Saturn games and "art-house" digital games - the sort of thing like Rez or Segaga that just didn't have a market in 2001. These would be your "Sega DNA" studios.

I'd hand Sonic Team over to Sharky. I imagine he would let them take a break from Sonic long enough to freshen up and get it right and he would let them make new and exciting IP.

I would let Team Andromeda build a new Away Team. They would have a mandate to design game engines to be licensed out to the rest of the industry, to pioneer new tech within Sega (how to handle 3-D gaming, Occulus Rift, holograms) etc. It would be his job to make sure Sega was doing shit first. It'd be a money pit.

I would give advertising to Kogen. It'd be fresh, offensive and memorable. Sega would definitely have a reputation for being mavericky with him at the helm. He would likewise be the spokesman for Sega West at things like E3. Reggie became an icon for swearing once in a presentation. Imagine the press if Kogen turned the Sega booth into a bordello. Also, bring back the Sega scream.

I would give AM-2 to MadeMan. No explanation needed.

I would let Aki save my version of Sega from bankruptcy. Perhaps the hardest challenge of all.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »
As far as my own interests are concerned, XSEED a month or two ago had a job posting for a "Localization Editor" mentioned in a NeoGAF thread. Reading about it sounded awesome. Stuff like that or analyzing game mechanics are things that I find fun personally. As much as I like dissecting game ideas or design things, I also find the idea of collaborating on those things fun, though I'm not in the position to do so cause I don't really have any skills =P. There are some elements of being a producer that sound fun and other elements that sound extreme snoresville.

If I were in a management position I would be half tempted to like, run Sega into the ground with greenlighting all of the projects I want...maybe not seriously, but distant management isn't something I'm really interested in. In any case it would not be possible for all of us to determine the direction of the company anyway, it wouldn't be functional.

I love reading your ideas. Especially Will's suggestion that ROJM and TA work together everyday.

edit: I wonder what Kori-Maru would be interested in?

When you put super passionate people together and force them to come up with something it's usually something quite good. No doubt there would be a ton of arguing though. Probably break any world records for most heated board room fights judging by how things here on the forums go :)

Offline Kori-Maru

• AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 01:05:39 am »
If we ran SEGA, I would have Barry become the President of SEGA of America, Sharky as the head of SEGA Europe, and George in charge of SOJ. Will could be the next Aaron Webber along with his awesome web design skills. I would like to be in charge of bringing back classic games with new features as Yosuke Okunari does with the SEGA Ages line ups. Aki would definitely would fit as our financial guy.

Anywho, if I would to work at SEGA I would agree with everyone on this forum that the SEGA site and forums needs another make over. Adding a history section of the company and more franchise brands would be a nice addition to the site. Advertisement is a must to be as good as SOJ's and community managers to stream their titles once a week. Both old and new titles and play online with the gaming community.

As for arcades in Japan, if we were to develop a new House of the Dead title or Virtua Fighter 6. I would like to have mobile phone app to save data from arcade games to keep track of your character, score, and spending points for customization. Imagine having a A.M.S ID displayed on your phone keeping track of the highest score across Japan.
Knowing me, I would have Sakura Wars 1-4 localized, Fighters Megamix in HD with online features, and last but not least develop a new All-Stars sequel with popular SEGA characters from Western and Japanese regions.

Another note I want to add that after my experience helping Aaron Webber with the Sonic panel at MomoCon and working with the fellow SEGAbits staff setting up a panel in front of a huge crowd at TooManyGames (I believe our panel was almost as big as AVGN's panel.) I kinda had how do you say? A taste of how it feels to work for SEGA and it felt so damn good.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:14:42 am by Kori-Maru »

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 03:20:21 am »
Barry he was not making any sense to begin with. ROJM just kept shooting down my statements without any proof at all. I am "done" unless ROJM, could make some logical sense or show proof for his anti-Neo-Saturn-era stuff.
Biggest laugh i've had all morning...you haven't backed your stuff with anything at all. You were done because Barry warned us to stop. You weren't done because you managed to beat me because you simply can't and.. you know it. Stop wasting our time. Either get with the program and STICK to the topics at hand or don't bother replying to things when you have no intent on talking about the subject or related subject at hand.

Again, i am sorry if my comment offense you, but let me tell you something, yes, i had read your previous comments in the whole forum and you have a very weird way to express yourself, i dont know if it is lke this in person or only when you are writing, or it is because you have problems with the english if this is not your mother language like me, but you say a lot of nonsense and i am not the only one who think this. Thats my opinion about you, i will not start a discussion so i am not going to reply if you answer me now and i recommend you to thinks twice before you write, thats all.

HEAR HEAR. I second that..even third it. All he's been doing since he's got here is derail the thread with nonsense that's got nothing to do with Sega or videogames in general.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 03:21:28 am »
I'd give Joe digital operations

You would put me in charge of the thing i hate the most? Thanks  :)) JB.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 09:13:52 am »
If we ran SEGA, I would have Barry become the President of SEGA of America

Wait, so i'm in charge of SEGA of America? Promotions for Kellie and Julian! Yes, I play favorites.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 10:56:29 am »

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3109.45
Yeah I think if me and ROJM was employees it would be something like what happen at SGI during the transition to the N64 years. Two grown men arguing like five year olds.

Seriously you trailed my post from another thread; to insult me.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 12:24:23 pm »
You would put me in charge of the thing i hate the most? Thanks  :)) JB.

Seems rational to me. You'd hate it so much you'd make it into something fantastic.

Besides, digital is the only plausible way for a lot of franchises to come back in any meaningful way. You have an encyclopedic knowledge of Sega's past games, so you'd be ideal.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:25 pm »
Everyone putting me in charge of AM-2.

1. Allow SEGA of Europe to make an all in one console that is superior to the Dreamcast ( which SEGA can do ).

I'm sure Sega can make a console superior to 15 year old technology.
I think my toaster may have superior hardware.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 04:06:14 am »
Seriously you trailed my post from another thread; to insult me.

Then seriously you should think about what you say when you post on a topic or you won't get into these situations.
Now think twice before you even bother to reply.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 04:56:03 am »
Seems rational to me. You'd hate it so much you'd make it into something fantastic.

Besides, digital is the only plausible way for a lot of franchises to come back in any meaningful way. You have an encyclopedic knowledge of Sega's past games, so you'd be ideal.
Not really because it would prosper if you have a passion for the thing you doing..i don't have a passion for digital..but thanx for the recommendation!

Anyway the digital thing is easy...
Continue with the remakes of old Genesis titles...
Create sega console apps and release most of the games for those consoles including titles made by indie developers in the last decade and create new games from Sega on those systems.

That would also mean rlease and make new FMV games since mobile is perfect for that type of game...

Console digital download
Release either update, sequels or revisions of classic games like the creativeassembly/sega studios australia was doing with network play and community support...that includes that proposed sequel of GUARDIAN HEROES that Treasure wanted to make.
Create a reason why you have to buy these games oneach platform make them unique to each platform instead of being just the same title with nothing new to offer.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 11:07:25 am »
Fuck it, i'd be in charge of everything, just watch everything burn around me.

I'd like to tackle marketing. Start some crazy 90's Campaign and just start insulting everyone..

Seriously though, i'd take on the Operations me thinks. Distribution/Freight stuff like that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:44:38 am by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:41 am »
I'd like to tackle marketing. Start some crazy 90's Campaign and just start insulting everyone..

I would love to see that come back.