Author Topic: What if Segabits ran Segasammy?  (Read 32476 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: What if Segabits ran Segasammy?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:28 am »
I would let Team Andromeda build a new Away Team.

I'm happy in my work thanks and tbh looking over all the fantasies and all that . There's just a few simple moves that Sammy/SEGA could make that would make a world of difference and get back some of the old SEGA Magic and it wouldn't cost billions too, yes I know there's issues with markets and getting MS and SONY to approve and license your games and of course it does also depend if the staff are up to the job also   

Some of the moves I would do would be as follows .....

Get Border Break on the next gen consoles with better graphics and also having a consumer Team working on single player extra's and mode

PSO II on the next gen consoles - Yes they'll be no cross play and all that . But the game is brilliant as it is and there's a gap in the next gen console market for this type of game and well AAA games anyway

Power Drift II - For the Arcades 1st and then have an eye to bring it to the home . AM#2 showed they can update a classic with Out Run II and AB Climax . There's a gap in both the Arcade and home markets for a fun simple Arcade racer that' s just fun to play . Wouldn't want to see weapons brought into the game, but it be nice to see 'set pieces' with the environments being brought in 

Get AM#2 on the Job with next gen graphics , new stomach churning courses and all the classic courses too . Not sure if people would pay full price for a home version , but maybe SEGA could put it up on XBLA/PSN

Binary Domain II - Just built on the stunning 1st game , but now flesh out the multi player and put in a On-Line Co mode for 4 players and this time give the game a bit of a push .

Sonic Next Gen - I think the next Sonic game is going to be good, but it needs to be truly multi platform not just on the next gen , but PC and 360 and PS3 too (handle by the likes of Sumo).

Yakuza Next - 1st of the Team to have at least 2 years to make the title and now for the game to take place outside of Japan and take part in an American city use films like Black Rain Ect and make a real dark hard hitting game and for it to be muti  and also made with a eye to the west - Try and make it break out of Japan and get some sales and make it into a million selling IP .

SEGA Rally Collection - Every SEGA Rally game (Arcade and all ) for XBLA and PSN. Also I would love to see the DC version be updated to Model 3 graphics (so there is no difference) as part of the Port with full on-Line rankings , download replays and so on .

Even today SR II is one of the best 2 player Rally games ever made . It also be a test to see if gamers are ready for SEGA Japan to make a new Rally game

There's just a few simple moves that wouldn't make or break SEGA or really hurts Sammy dosh , but would bring some of the magic back imo 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 04:20:29 am »
That's just games...were talking about what you would do in the company structure...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 04:53:30 am »
That's just games...were talking about what you would do in the company structure...

No idea on that . All I know SEGA Japan name with most gamers isn't that great or even with SEGA fan's . So they need to up their game and makes some moves to help get their name back and also please its own fans .

They don't need to make Shenmue III , Saga II or SOA II (as nice as they would be ) Just make some small moves and start to show some of the old magic and that show they want to please the SEGA fans - Those small moves alone would make a world of difference .

SEGA Japan have given little for its fans to cheer on the console of late and even the most Die-Hard SEGA fan would know and see that
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 11:27:48 am »
No idea on that . All I know SEGA Japan name with most gamers isn't that great or even with SEGA fan's . So they need to up their game and makes some moves to help get their name back and also please its own fans .

They don't need to make Shenmue III , Saga II or SOA II (as nice as they would be ) Just make some small moves and start to show some of the old magic and that show they want to please the SEGA fans - Those small moves alone would make a world of difference .

SEGA Japan have given little for its fans to cheer on the console of late and even the most Die-Hard SEGA fan would know and see that

Not many of them were complaing when they got to play YAKUZA, BD or even the VF and HOTD4 port. 

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 12:22:09 pm »
Not many of them were complaing when they got to play YAKUZA, BD or even the VF and HOTD4 port. 

? Unless you're fluent in Japanese then Yakuza 5 or the new one will mean little . VF 5 and HOTD are Lindberg ports that are years old . Namco have already shown off Tekken 7 we've seen nothing from SEGA for VF 6 yet and even in Japan Tekken Tag 2 has taken some sales away from VF 5 and Binary Domain is a IP that SEGA its self done little to push, much less make plans to grow the IP

There's hardly anything of note from SEGA Japan . Remember the days when SEGA Japan used to make the likes of these on a yearly basis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdX-Zf4lqgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2jok0uKXEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYkUOBkrAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEUjQ6EYPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVK4TrFFLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fl3ZwERMgE

And this - which is so SEGA its hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6naKIIuf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2iTs8zWt2I

Sad....trailers  for SEGA XBox games  is better than most of what comes from SEGA Japan these days :(

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 01:11:20 pm »
I agree with Andromeda, we need more Sega games. Even if we do receive certain games from them, when we do receive them, hardly any marketing goes towards selling them. Then they wonder why their games tank and refuse to release or localize new ones here in the States.

I'm sorry, but supporting Nintendo with Sonic Boom and Lost World was a bad idea. Why would you give Nintendo exclusivity when their console is dead and 3rd party games hardly sell on their consoles?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 01:46:31 pm »
I don't know what is going on right here, but something is for sure: They tried to do exactly what you are claiming and they failed. Even with marketing and publicity in every single magazine at that time.

I'm not sure is people trying to forget that even with ports of Nights and JSR, which they are supposedly "cult games" that everyone supported back in the day and now, people didn't buy those games. Even with facebook campaings , PR videos, PS+ and Live special prices, etc.  Only SA2.

And you will say that is because poor marketing or people already have the game, come on...if you want something from an especific thing, make sure that you supported the most essential thing: buy the stuff. This is how it works IMO. Poor marketing isn't even an excuse anymore when you will find mostly anything with the internet and social networks.

Please, Sega isn't a "Capcom Ride" where they publish a tons of sequels, ports, re-release with high R&D but low, very low earnings even with good sales and pushing forward every single IP with a little but dangerous sucess. Megaman is an example or pushing forward every single idea and game but also generating more negatives than positives .

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »

I agree that we need more SEGA games but lets be fair, sometimes is the fans responsability to show some support. Can we please stop blaiming the companies for everything? (I am talking in general), sometimes is not only a poor marketing work (Because yeah we fans know A LOT about how marketing works...) or it is because the game takes to long to get localize, sometimes is that stupid phrase "If it is not retail and in my mother lenguage (Despite i know english...) i will not buy it" or that other one "50$ for a game! (Despite is a AAA title) are you crazy!? go to hell! i will buy it when it gets a discount" which obviously it doesnt help that much to the company... or my favorite "This game is a piece of shit! dont buy it! (The guy never play it and he is saying this...) and then the studio that developed have to suffer just because of what a group of idiots said or because a bad gaming website said in a totally unobjective review...

I had said this before, sometimes the companies make mistakes and sometimes the fans does, in this industry there are two parts, the consumers and the companies and if we want things to work out we have to work together, for example i never heard that much of support to the yakuza franchise until we know that yakuza 5 would not be localize, and now ALL THE GAMERS want it?, cmon...
Another example is the resident evil remake HD that just got announced, you want a surviver horror game, that remake was never avalible for a non nintendo consoles so in my opinion not everybody have it, (I know people that they didnt even know that a remake of RE1 was made...) the game is true surviver horror like "everybody" wants and now... you are complaining...

This are just a few examples, i had seen this bullshit A LOT of times, games that i really liked and i never get a sequel because what a group of idiots said and at this point a know that this will never stop, so why bother... after all is much easy to blame the others...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:28 pm »

I agree that we need more SEGA games but lets be fair, sometimes is the fans responsability to show some support. Can we please stop blaiming the companies for everything? (I am talking in general), sometimes is not only a poor marketing work (Because yeah we fans know A LOT about how marketing works...) or it is because the game takes to long to get localize, sometimes is that stupid phrase "If it is not retail and in my mother lenguage (Despite i know english...) i will not buy it" or that other one "50$ for a game! (Despite is a AAA title) are you crazy!? go to hell! i will buy it when it gets a discount" which obviously it doesnt help that much to the company... or my favorite "This game is a piece of shit! dont buy it! (The guy never play it and he is saying this...) and then the studio that developed have to suffer just because of what a group of idiots said or because a bad gaming website said in a totally unobjective review...

All that is a failing of the company/industry though.

If the market no longer wants to pay $50 a game, then guess what? $50 is too much for a game. A product is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Ditto with 'This game looks shit'. If game companies are too paranoid to put out demos, then we'll have to judge the game based on trailers and gameplay footage/word of mouth etc. If they don't do a good job making the game look good, guess what? People aren't going to want to buy it.

As for not being retail and in my mother language, I'm not about to drop full price for a game I can't even understand, why would I be expected to buy a game I can't even play properly because it's not translated? I might consider getting Yakuza 5 at some point on import, but I'll have to download guides to understand what I'm doing and I'll be missing out on the story, so yeah, I'll probably wait or get it cheap.

I had said this before, sometimes the companies make mistakes and sometimes the fans does, in this industry there are two parts, the consumers and the companies and if we want things to work out we have to work together, for example i never heard that much of support to the yakuza franchise until we know that yakuza 5 would not be localize, and now ALL THE GAMERS want it?, cmon...
Another example is the resident evil remake HD that just got announced, you want a surviver horror game, that remake was never avalible for a non nintendo consoles so in my opinion not everybody have it, (I know people that they didnt even know that a remake of RE1 was made...) the game is true surviver horror like "everybody" wants and now... you are complaining...
Yakuza 2 and 3 had support and hype. It might just be that the fans are vocal again because they need to be since it's not getting translated.

As for Resident Evil, I've said it in the other topic. It's a survival horror game yes, one that came out seven years ago on Wii, five years before that on Gamecube and then even longer ago the original came out on PS1 and Saturn. Survival Horror fans have already played it, we'll probably still re-buy it, but it's a re-re-release. Not to mention there are some issues with how they are handling the 'HD' update (colours affecting the shadows etc) I believe.

I also want to point out that I'm NOT complaining about this, I would love more games to be re-released on PC, since it's my favourite platform to use and has the best 'back compatibility' of any gaming device in existence. I would love Sega to release Vanquish, VF, Bayonetta, and every other game they make on PC, even if it was just straight ports.

Yes fans can be wrong, it happens all the time, but they are wrong because they haven't been educated by the creators, or the creators haven't addressed what the fans wanted.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:33:31 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:32 pm »

[size=78%][/size]
[size=78%][/size]Ditto with 'This game looks shit'. If game companies are too paranoid to put out demos, then we'll have to judge the game based on trailers and gameplay footage/word of mouth etc. If they don't do a good job making the game look good, guess what? People aren't going to want to buy it.
I was referring about the fact that many people talk bad about a game they hadnt even play, not even a demo, people who said shit about something just because they want.

As for not being retail and in my mother language, I'm not about to drop full price for a game I can't even understand, why would I be expected to buy a game I can't even play properly because it's not translated? I might consider getting Yakuza 5 at some point on import, but I'll have to download guides to understand what I'm doing and I'll be missing out on the story, so yeah, I'll probably wait or get it cheap.

About the lenguage i think that a game should be translate to your language but if is not and you know others languages (Like me who can speak spanish and english) i dont think is a big sacrifice to buy a game like that just to show your support to the franchise. Nevertheless i agree that if you are not geting a game in the way you want is ok to buy it cheap.

Yakuza 2 and 3 had support and hype. It might just be that the fans are vocal again because they need to be since it's not getting translated.
If you said so

As for Resident Evil, I've said it in the other topic. It's a survival horror game yes, one that came out seven years ago on Wii, five years before that on Gamecube and then even longer ago the original came out on PS1 and Saturn. Survival Horror fans have already played it, we'll probably still re-buy it, but it's a re-re-release. Not to mention there are some issues with how they are handling the 'HD' update (colours affecting the shadows etc) I believe.
I am not sure about the fact that survival horror fans had already play it because it is a remake from 12 years ago and the only port since then was on the wii. I think that there is an entire generation of gamers who dont know nothing about it and would like to play it for the first time in the new consoles. I dont know nothing abut some issues with the HD.

I also want to point out that I'm NOT complaining about this, I would love more games to be re-released on PC, since it's my favourite platform to use and has the best 'back compatibility' of any gaming device in existence. I would love Sega to release Vanquish, VF, Bayonetta, and every other game they make on PC, even if it was just straight ports.

I know you are not complaining about this, what you are saying is not a complain is just your opinion and i also would like to see more ports from SEGA or any others companies release to PC.

Yes fans can be wrong, it happens all the time, but they are wrong because they haven't been educated by the creators, or the creators haven't addressed what the fans wanted.

I think it depends there are some young fans that have to be educated but there is also a group of old fans that just didnt want to attend to class if you know what i mean...

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »
If the market no longer wants to pay $50 a game, then guess what? $50 is too much for a game. A product is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Guess why games with F2P model starting to make profits even is a person invested  more than 50$.

In the 90's, a game could cost 70$, without considering inflation. So, yeah...too much for a game this days.

Ditto with 'This game looks shit'. If game companies are too paranoid to put out demos, then we'll have to judge the game based on trailers and gameplay footage/word of mouth etc. If they don't do a good job making the game look good, guess what? People aren't going to want to buy it.

Demos really hurt more than trailers or publicity. A famous case was RE6 which, likes asides, people realize that the game is "going to be a shooter" evenif the demo represents a part that only happen 2 times in the game per campaign.

As for not being retail and in my mother language....

He was talking about cases with foreign languages like french or german. For ex. Phoenix Wright Trilogy is only in English but in all the West territories and in Spain ,fans proclaimed that if the game aren't to be released in Spanish, they won't buy it, even if mostly all the games from that franchise are already published and many in Spanish, counting that this franchise is in a limbo in the West.

Yakuza 2 and 3 had support and hype.

90k LTS for the first and 380k LTS for the last with a soft FW sales each don't tell me about the support and hype. Improvement yes but for the 4 is less that expected.

It's a survival horror game yes, one that came out seven years ago on Wii, five years before that on Gamecube and then even longer ago the original came out on PS1 and Saturn. Survival Horror fans have already played it, we'll probably still re-buy it, but it's a re-re-release. Not to mention there are some issues with how they are handling the 'HD' update (colours affecting the shadows etc) I believe.

If I tell you that Revelations (which many fans proclaimed as a step forward of reintroducing the survival horror in the franchise) sells less than Operation Raccon City...guess what is gonna happen with the problem you have tell us with this next re-re-release.

Yes, but I can't have this games if it means that Sega needs to lost a ton of money for that because the demand was too weak or economically poor in sales.

I don't know that I need to educated by the creator of the game I like :/
Also sure I need to give a lesson to the creator about making games that I like even if I didn't study or know progamming. Sure, they can give me some fanservice but that's nothing new and it differs from fan to fan.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 04:50:24 am »

I don't know what is going on right here, but something is for sure: They tried to do exactly what you are claiming and they failed. Even with marketing and publicity in every single magazine at that time.

I'm not sure is people trying to forget that even with ports of Nights and JSR, which they are supposedly "cult games" that everyone supported back in the day and now, people didn't buy those games. Even with facebook campaings , PR videos, PS+ and Live special prices, etc.  Only SA2.

And you will say that is because poor marketing or people already have the game, come on...if you want something from an especific thing, make sure that you supported the most essential thing: buy the stuff. This is how it works IMO. Poor marketing isn't even an excuse anymore when you will find mostly anything with the internet and social networks.

Please, Sega isn't a "Capcom Ride" where they publish a tons of sequels, ports, re-release with high R&D but low, very low earnings even with good sales and pushing forward every single IP with a little but dangerous sucess. Megaman is an example or pushing forward every single idea and game but also generating more negatives than positives .

Thank you. I'm glad some people aren't fooled by TA's desperate attempts to get brownie points after being whipped good by a few forum members in a recent debate.

Let's look at the reality huh..

If you look at how TA is demanding great sega games you'd think sega had ALWAYS produced the games people wanted on a regular basis.
Well no they didn't. If we look at the console divison and look at the years after the Megadrive to the DC...there was only a HANDFUL of sega games on the saturn that were any good and people wanterd to play. Acting like this is the worse period of sega gaming when we have just seen one of the best line ups any game publisher has had in the last several years is poppycock.

And before we bring up japan..not many western sega fans are intrested in playing heavy japancentric games To many sega fans the saturn was the WORST period odf sega gaming you can get for a console.

I compare that period to their third party period. Similar that there's only been a handful of bonafide sega games released that people had wanted to play from sega themselves. Unlike that period however we have had a proper Sonic title something that the saturn was unable to give out, a bonafide version of SHINOBI another thing that the saturn never gave us(and i like SHINOBI LEGIONS) among other things.

Also notice that the best Sega games he's using are ALL exclusive titles. Make no mistake the best Sega games since sega has been a third party have been titles that have remained on one platform. Like it or not Sega strength has always been as a one platform developer. That is what they were schooled in for years and that's what they still good at. ORTA, YAKUZA, VALKRIA and SONIC COLORS were the best of the bunch from sega with amazing visuals and good round game play. While BD another game i like just looked visually unappealing.
Regardless Sega great games come in bursts...never in a long succsion of grat game after great game. That has always ben the case. The MD and the DC are beloved by sega fans because they happened to have the great bursts of sega gaming that we all experienced. The saturn definatly didn't. And the master system surely didn't when you take the great games sega had in the arcades at that time it weren't that many.

So let's stop living in a fantasy and start looking at the reality.

This are just a few examples, i had seen this bullshit A LOT of times, games that i really liked and i never get a sequel because what a group of idiots said and at this point a know that this will never stop, so why bother... after all is much easy to blame the others...

I said the same thing in another forum where me Sharky and TA use to frequent. They kept saying sega sucks and were not getting the games we want. When sega releases the game they want..guess what? They didn't buy it. And that's been the pattern for all these haters that keep blowing sega. Sega SAID in a magazine interview concerning ORTA that if that game made its budget back then a RPG version might be in the works...guess what..not many people brought it. And then they have the audacity to complain about sega releasing games they don't want because they didn't buy the games they said they wanted to play.
Of course it didn't stop some people around here to start spinning the fact that sega did well on the xbox when they never did and then wonder why sega couldn't be bothered to support the 360 properly.

The sad reality is there isn't that many sega gamers around anymore. Each succesive system from the MD the audience shrank. And the audience just went after DC. Were assuming that people who were sega gamers just kept playing games. Well they obviously didn't. Most of them quit. If you were a sega gamer and used to buying sega systems only and then found out sega was not only going to support your system but pull out of consoles altogether..to many that would have been the last straw especially from what happened with the saturn.

The reason why Sega DNA games don't do well is because there is not enough sega fans to support them.
Sega duid not maintain the community of sega gamers it had managed to build over the years. Many of them stopped playing games or stuck to arcades with all the console failures and definatly a big core group didn't return to gaming after DC. Since then all sega has been doing is building fans of individual game IP. Sonic is a good example. Most people who buy into sonic aren't necessarly fans of sega or would purchase a sega game. The same goes for anyone playing TOTAL WAR or FOOTBALL MANAGER. The majority may not buy another sega product. The same happens in japan with other titles like VIRTUA FIGHTER to SHINING FORCE. Sega is good at getting a mas audience for individual games but they haven't built that audience to get t hem to become SEGA gamers. So you have a werid situation where people are buying certain franchises in doses but wouldn't buy a core Sega game. So while KINGDOM CONQUEST makes plenty of moolah..none of those guys would buy VALYKRIA in their droves. Its prehaps the reason why PHANTASY STAR is so far away from its sega core roots and found a footing with people into social gaming that would buy it in spades.
So unless sega can get these did when they only had one system..the type of sega games we want won't be made any more or turn into something different...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 07:03:54 am »
Well no they didn't. If we look at the console divison and look at the years after the Megadrive to the DC...there was only a HANDFUL of sega games on the saturn that were any good and people wanterd to play

Rubbish, sheer rubbish . The Saturn enjoyed some of the best games to ever come out of SEGA Japan

NiGHTS
VF II
Fighting MegaMix
Sega Rally
Virtual Cop 1 and II
Decatlete
Winter Heat
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight II
World Series Baseball 2 and 98
Die Hard Arcade
Last Bronx
World Wide Soccer 97/98
Magic Knight Rayearth
Deep Fear
Dragon Force
Astal
Virtual ON

And that just the ones that were brought over to the West . AM#2 , Sonic Team , Am#3 were simply on fire in the Saturn days

not many western sega fans are intrested in playing heavy japancentric games

And yet the likes of you bang on about Yakuza ?

I compare that period to their third party period. Similar that there's only been a handful of bonafide sega games released that people had wanted to play from sega themselves.

Even then SEGA on to a loser .

SEGA GT 2002
JSRF
Panzer Dragon Orta
Gun Valkyire
VF 4 Evo
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball II
F-Zero GX
Billy H
House of the Dead III
Rez
Space Channel Part II

Beter than what most of what SEGA Japan gets up these days, bar the Sonic Team and sometimes the Yakuza studio

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 07:08:10 am »

Rubbish, sheer rubbish . The Saturn enjoyed some of the best games to ever come out of SEGA Japan

NiGHTS
VF II
Fighting MegaMix
Sega Rally
Virtual Cop 1 and II
Decatlete
Winter Heat
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight II
World Series Baseball 2 and 98
Die Hard Arcade
Last Bronx
World Wide Soccer 97/98
Magic Knight Rayearth
Deep Fear
Dragon Force
Astal
Virtual ON

And that just the ones that were brought over to the West . AM#2 , Sonic Team , Am#3 were simply on fire in the Saturn days

And yet the likes of you bang on about Yakuza ?

Even then SEGA on to a loser .

SEGA GT 2002
JSRF
Panzer Dragon Orta
Gun Valkyire
VF 4 Evo
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball II
F-Zero GX
Billy H
House of the Dead III
Rez
Space Channel Part II

Beter than what most of what SEGA Japan gets up these days, bar the Sonic Team and sometimes the Yakuza studio

No its not. Again those are titles that is a handful compared to the games i can list for both MD and DC. And not everyone is going to import a game from japan, which is a point you keep missing. To the average sega fan the saturn years was pure hell because there weren't that many games coming out on a regular basis. All those games listed came out during a four year period. The DC beat that within two.
So keep living this fantasy that SOJ saturn period was a golden period for saturn owners in the west when it clearly wasn't.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 07:46:32 am »
No its not. Again those are titles that is a handful compared to the games i can list for both MD and DC

I haven't even begun yet those are just the ones that came to the West. But please list the titles , because it just show how good SEGA Japan used to be, compared to today .

And not everyone is going to import a game from japan, which is a point you keep missing.

Nope .I'm the one that keeps on saying that SOJ needs to do more and make more games for the west . You take games that come only come  out in Japan and SOJ line up is even more dire these days with no Yakuza 5 or PSO II .

All those games listed came out during a four year period

Call your self a SEGA man

SEGA Rally
Virtual Cop
Fighting Vipers
Pazner Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
VF II
Decathlete
NiGHTS
Astal
Clockwork Knight II
Magic Night Rayearth
WSB II
World Wide Soccer 97
Iron Storm
Dragon Force

All came out with in 2 years of each other . SEGA Japan were on fire in the Saturn days. 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is