Author Topic: Suggestion for SEGABits podcast interviews  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Suggestion for SEGABits podcast interviews
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:04:51 pm »
The most exciting thing at Segabits going on now, arguably, are the interviews with some people behind the scenes on sega-related stuff.

Previously I suggested interviewing Gumi Asia who work with Sega Networks for bringing out the Chain Chronicle app releasing in a few days. Barry put them on the "list", appearently.

But how about Little Heart Stone, the people behind the Valkyria Chronicles PC port?

Or now Gio Corsi on the Sony 3rd party production team, on the Yakuza 5 thing going on now?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Suggestion for SEGABits podcast interviews
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 07:54:12 am »
Glad you are enjoying the interviews! George and I are currently planning 2015 and some of those suggestions would fit right in with our plans. Gio Corsi would be a great interview for sure!

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:47 pm »
Sumo is always a fun choice, and they always seem good with community response. It's also been a little while since we've seen them (hasn't it been?) Big Red Button would be an interesting choice also.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »
We had a Big Red Button interview planned and they cancelled due to "scheduling conflicts". We have since emailed our questions requesting a written interview and have not heard back.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:19:44 pm »
That's a shame.

I'm not sure if they're appropriate, but ATLUS USA might be a good one.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »
Have you guys tried Yasuhara?  He lives in Ca(or maybe Washington now?) and is an english speaker.  That could be one hell of an interview. 

Offline Kori-Maru

• AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »
I was thinking about getting in contact with several music composers involved with SEGA like Howard Drossin (Sonic & Knuckles, Dynamite Deka) and David Leytze (Fighting Vipers).

Or maybe a couple of voice actors from various SEGA titles.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 11:55:16 pm »
I second both the Yasuhara and voice actors suggestions, though for voice actors it might be tricky...I met John DiMaggio earlier this year at a convention (great guy btw), while he fondly remembers Madworld, he didn't even remember doing the Valkyria games (granted he is very prolific and having done a ton of roles, it's very understandable that he wouldn't remember even if I wasn't asking in great detail).  I also met Jessica DiCicco (Leanne from RoF) at the same convention, very nice, remembers Resonance of Fate a bit (I was the second person who brought a copy of the game for her to sign that day) and that she did Rise of Nightmares.  I guess it depends on the role and their involvement...Cindy Robinson or Colleen Villard would certainly be interesting as they've done roles in both Sonic and VC, with Colleen also doing Alpha Protocol.

Fun Fact, by random chance, I ran into the VA for NiGHTs and SoA's Fina (Jewels Jaselle/Julissa Aguirre) at another convention.  Really cool to hear from her regarding how the recording sessions were for the games.

That being said, I would like to see any of the Binary Domain actors interviewed (including Johnny Young Bosch or Troy Baker) just for any insight on the mocap capture/performance of the game and working with RGG studios (if there was any interaction).

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 09:26:15 pm »
^Lucky you! I would have loved to meet Jessica DiCicco or Julissa Aguirre.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!