Author Topic: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT  (Read 37131 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: TEMPO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:31 pm »
A hands on report from IGN: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/11/pokemon-devs-swap-cute-for-carnage-with-new-game

The best part has to be this  ;-D

“Tembo is an Asian elephant whose best friend is a military general” Turner tells us without any sense of ‘yes I know this is bonkers but I also designed a sentient ice cream and you were alright with that so just shut up’.

haha

lol Sonic Team assistance ala Hell Yeah?

come on man

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 01:21:40 pm »
If any of you get a chance, just jump over to the Youtube video trailer and give it a 'like' lots of butthurt Nintendo fans trying to sabotage the games credibility... Really sad.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »
I'd like to think they saw a picture of it and simple nodded before never hearing or seeing it again.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 01:31:27 pm »
Did SA2 and Nights really do that badly? Shame if so. They might be a bit dated, but they're both good games. :(

Sonic Adventure 2 still did well but not as well as SEGA expected.

NiGHTS was pretty much a failure though : <

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:38 pm »
I thought Jet Set Radio was the one of the digital titles that didn't meet expectations...I just want a port of Future someday.

Anyways, I like what I'm seeing, looks fun.  I'll pick it up on PC unless I somehow manage to buy a PS4 before then.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »
Still, I am slightly upset that this isn't getting a release on XBLA and PS3's PSN. Most retail games are already getting a PS4/Xbox One /PC release, only I was half-expecting that digital releases would still hold those consoles for a while.

Nevertheless, day one on PC for me.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »
If any of you get a chance, just jump over to the Youtube video trailer and give it a 'like' lots of butthurt Nintendo fans trying to sabotage the games credibility... Really sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOPacnjxLU

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 02:20:32 pm »
Still, I am slightly upset that this isn't getting a release on XBLA and PS3's PSN. Most retail games are already getting a PS4/Xbox One /PC release, only I was half-expecting that digital releases would still hold those consoles for a while.

Nevertheless, day one on PC for me.
Adding them to ps3/360 is all new development platforms.  Game freak isn't that big.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 02:43:01 pm »
I figured that's also the reason that no version is being developed for Nintendo platforms...but of course everyone (NeoGAF) is taking this as a betrayal or SEGA being bitter/assholes.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 03:21:14 pm »
Do you know what happened when they released a digital game in every platform? The Virtual Console mandatory limit in space butchered sonic 4 in episodes and you know what happened later....

Although the eShop is less restrictive than the other, the stigma still kick it and Gamefreak knows it..

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 04:30:51 pm »
This was the last thing I saw coming. Honestly though, I always thought Game Freak was straight-up owned by Nintendo, and seeing one of their games not only arrive on competing consoles, but not even be on their's is just really really weird.

Will definitely give it a look when it comes to Steam though. I always suck at 2D platformers but I'm a sucker for hand-drawn sprites like what seems to be here.

Also, Aki-kat, I'm curious where you found out how Sonic Adventure and NiGHTS did poorly. I thought Sega didn't publish sales info for digital titles?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:35:23 pm by Moody »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45:37 pm »
This was the last thing I saw coming. Honestly though, I always thought Game Freak was straight-up owned by Nintendo, and seeing one of their games not only arrive on competing consoles, but not even be on their's is just really really weird.

Actually GameFreak, along side Hal Laboratory and Intelligent System, are all completely independent from Nintendo.

More mind blowing information? Nintendo does not own the full rights to Pokemon, Fire Emblem etc although they own various trademarks (Such as the name, character names etc) and assets.

Also, Aki-kat, I'm curious where you found out how Sonic Adventure and NiGHTS did poorly. I thought Sega didn't publish sales info for digital titles?

I use to know people a while back before the whole restructuring business.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »
I really think the reason Wii U was left out was due to the architecture of the Wii U being different from the PS4 and Xbone. It has already been said since the Xbone and PS4 where announced that they are more similar than people think and both of them having x86 cpu's mean't that PC/X1/PS4 games would be easier to handle.

Doesn't the PS4 and Xbone CPU support x86 architecture the same as PCs? So its like, a no brainer there. Not to mention PS4 has had tons of indie hits (and PC has way more).

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 04:55:56 pm »
Actually GameFreak, along side Hal Laboratory and Intelligent System, are all completely independent from Nintendo.

More mind blowing information? Nintendo does not own the full rights to Pokemon, Fire Emblem etc although they own various trademarks (Such as the name, character names etc) and assets.

I never would have guessed any of this, like jeez. You'd think Nintendo would secure their properties a bit better, but if that were the case I guess we wouldn't have Tembo.

I imagine it'll come out on Wii U after the first launch. Demand and confusion will be too damn high not to.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »
I don't know why some Nintendo fans are trying to boicot or disregard this game for not being released in Nintendo consoles. Jeez, Bayonetta 2 is on the WiiU.

Also, the top 20 games from eShop are Nintendo own develop games. And many people start to question why third parties don't wanna publish something for the WiiU...