Author Topic: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!  (Read 32142 times)

Offline Bit,

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:22 pm »
Zero only came out in March and that had to use PS3 tech . The Team  is only 160 odd strong and are not super human . They are not be given the time to really improve the tech and move the series forward . To make a real AAA game takes a team of 200 people some 2 to 3 years worth of hard work on nothing but that game .
I went to look back at the Segabit's page for the yakuza announcement and it seems like Yakuza 1 Extreme is set to January 21'st 2016, However Yakuza 6 is set to release in Fall 2016. The odd thing i find about this is that 2 project's are currently announced so it leads me to more questions on the development of both games.

Offline Bit,

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »
You know where you are, right?
Im well aware Team know's where he is. He probably just got mad because you called him a downer after he replied with a quite reasonable reason to be worried about these game's development time.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:01:18 pm by Bit, »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »
Zero only came out in March and that had to use PS3 tech . The Team  is only 160 odd strong and are not super human . They are not be given the time to really improve the tech and move the series forward . To make a real AAA game takes a team of 200 people some 2 to 3 years worth of hard work on nothing but that game .

They have made Y5 alongside Binary Domain tough.

Anxious to see 6.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 03:09:48 pm »
Im well aware Team know's where he is. He probably just got mad because you called him a downer after he replied with a quite reasonable reason to be worried about these game's development time.

Chill, I've known TA since like, 2003. It's all fun and games.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »
You know where you are, right?

There's a massive difference to being a fan of SEGA to a blinkered fanboy. You are falling into the trap of the Nintendo fanboys of the worst kind . Don't do it Sharky mate, you're far better than that 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 03:28:03 pm »
They have made Y5 alongside Binary Domain toug

Yakuza 5 had a 2 year break and it showed .  Yakuza 6 will just be what Yakuza 3 was to the PS3 imo. Still we've let to see Yakuza 5 in english so God knows why people are looking forward to Yakuza 6 , the PS 5 wil be ready by the time we get to play the game in English (if at all)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 03:30:05 pm »

No I get bored of fanboy defence mode . There is no one here  that loves SEGA more than me (belive you me). Its just that Sammy is killing the SEGA I loved with each passing year
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:36:51 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 03:39:11 pm »

Yakuza 6 will just be what Yakuza 3 was to the PS3 imo.

Eh, that's good to me.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »
There's a massive difference to being a fan of SEGA to a blinkered fanboy. You are falling into the trap of the Nintendo fanboys of the worst kind . Don't do it Sharky mate, you're far better than that 

I don't think I am being a fanboy anymore than anyone else. When it comes to games I don't like I voice my distain quite loudly, Sonic Boom shit for example.

This though doesn't bother me much, would I prefer a new IP yes. But I like Yakuza games... My biggest gripe so far has been the engine looking old. I am hoping that Yakuza 6-- being a PS4 exclusive-- will also boast a brand new engine.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »
Eh, that's good to me.

SEGA used to be better than that . Yakuza 3 tech was poor and not much of step up over the PS2 game Ingame and for animations and Yakuza 3 wasn't a patch on Yakuza 2 game wise either 'for me'
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 03:44:38 pm »
Hm, it was stiff in aspects, but collectively over the web in TGS 2009, Yakuza 3 was a highlight.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 03:46:04 pm »
I don't think I am being a fanboy anymore than anyone else. When it comes to games I don't like I voice my distain quite loudly, Sonic Boom shit for example.

You'll look back one day and see what I mean . Its not meant as a dig, as I was once a fanboy myself . Now you can love a team and want them to do so well so much, but don't have to support and cheer every sh*t move the Team make , ask any poor Newcastle or Sunderland fan that.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 03:48:42 pm »
Hm, it was stiff in aspects, but collectively over the web in TGS 2009, Yakuza 3 was a highlight.

For me it was a huge step backwards, after some of the old SEGA Japan-magic was in full effect with valkyria chronicles
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Bit,

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 03:57:16 pm »
So Yakuza 6 is set to release in Fall 2016 and  Yakuza Zero was released in March so it's safe to say development started somewhere in April or May so by the time Yakuza 6 will be released if there is no further delay's, it would have been in development for around 16 to 18 months. Hopefully it will be delayed atleast till christmas 2016. Even if it isn't, i'm pretty sure they have enough time to work on most of the feature's and refine them and if not, they can always delay the game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:10:22 pm by Bit, »

Offline Bit,

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 04:17:15 pm »
Basically I think if they can delay Fire and Ice to 2016, i'm sure they will delay Yakuza 6 to 2017 so that it could be on the same level as Yakuza 5.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:35:45 pm by Bit, »