Author Topic: Sega at TGS 2010!  (Read 35051 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Sega at TGS 2010!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 12:15:14 pm »
My point is not really changing with Phantasy Star... It is the same game since Phantasy Star Online except worse. How does that even happen? The fact is that Alpha System had to come in and bring up the quality of the newest release.

On Puyo Puyo, you are just being stupid. It does not play differently they are just new modes. Virtua Fighter games have new modes too, notice how I never mentioned those though?

Quote from: "Sharky"
Maybe your sources have said other wise, but then... hows that Sega All stars mini game collection coming along? How about that one CGI with Joe Musashi? Wheres that Nuckles DLC?... Bayonetta in All-Stars Racing?

What? The last three were from someone you know and I told you not to put complete faith in them. I do not even know why you would mention something like this here to begin with. It is obvious I annoyed you a lot to begin with, otherwise you would not be trying to be such a dick to me in front of everyone else.

I mean, it is not like Nagoshi's Western game, that new series by the Valkyria team or revival of a big series ever came true either!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »
Phantasy Star Universe is pretty awesome and as fun to play with friends as PSOnline.
I think the problem is with paying a subscription for a game that is fundamentally very similar to it's free-to-play ancestor.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 06:53:15 pm »
I just wanted to state my opinion on the phantasy star thing.

So here goes:

I think phantasy star online is a great (*&@ing awesome game that I still play to this day. Some weeks ago I decided to give phantasy star universe a chance after thinking it's crap for a long time. I really hated it when I first played it and never played it again.

A week ago I finished it, and you know what? I loved it, not so much like pso, and I know it has it's flaws and I recon that, but I loved it still.

So in the mean time I was still playing phantasy star online and also phantasy star zero on my ds (i'm a big phantasy star player as you may notice) and both games immadiatly gave me a feeling as if I was back at home, as in it felt much better than phantasy star universe's system

But you know, i've learned to accept how the universe/portable series work. I just see them as some kind of alternate gameplay style in the franchise. I appreciate both gameplay styles from zero/online, and from universe/portable.

I would love them to bring out a console pso game in the future combining the best of both gameplay styles because I really love some of the systems in PSP. I'm also looking forward to see how they fixed some of the flaws in psp2.

2 things I miss in the psp franchise though are the music changes and mags. Really a waste to not have them back in psp2.

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 11:54:01 am »
dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/20/sa ... ouncement/
another possible TGS game?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:09 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
My point is not really changing with Phantasy Star... It is the same game since Phantasy Star Online except worse. How does that even happen? The fact is that Alpha System had to come in and bring up the quality of the newest release.

On Puyo Puyo, you are just being stupid. It does not play differently they are just new modes. Virtua Fighter games have new modes too, notice how I never mentioned those though?

Maybe your sources have said other wise, but then... hows that Sega All stars mini game collection coming along? How about that one CGI with Joe Musashi? Wheres that Nuckles DLC?... Bayonetta in All-Stars Racing?

What? The last three were from someone you know and I told you not to put complete faith in them. I do not even know why you would mention something like this here to begin with. It is obvious I annoyed you a lot to begin with, otherwise you would not be trying to be such a dick to me in front of everyone else.

I mean, it is not like Nagoshi's Western game, that new series by the Valkyria team or revival of a big series ever came true either!

Can't be bothered to argue about it anymore... But I will say that.

1) Puyo Pop DOES have modes that play wildly different from one another...
Yes they all envolve falling puyos. Much like VF involves punching and kicking.

2) Nagoshis game almost sertainly became this new gun focused Yakuza game, the VC team new game I can't say what happened but as I always tell you plans change but I heard it from two seporate places so...
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »
What I was trying to get around with Virtua Fighter being so different is that everything down to the physics, level layout and graphics engines being used are always changing. Puyo Puyo is still a sprite based game with the same grid and same physics as always.

I mean, Virtua Fighter has tons of new modes that change a lot too. Something like VF5's Quest is a nice example, but the core gameplay of VF5 remains the same. I mean if you added Quest to Virtua Fighter 1 it would still be a hugely different experience from VF5's Quest because of how the mechanics work.

Another way to put it is that a master of Virtua Fighter 2 would not instantly be a master of Virtua Fighter 3, while someone who could beat Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine without much worries would not have a very hard time with Puyo Puyo Anniversary.

It is really not the same thing at all the way you are trying to point out.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 09:17:54 pm »
What I was trying to get around with Virtua Fighter being so different is that everything down to the physics, level layout and graphics engines being used are always changing. Puyo Puyo is still a sprite based game with the same grid and same physics as always.

I mean, Virtua Fighter has tons of new modes that change a lot too. Something like VF5's Quest is a nice example, but the core gameplay of VF5 remains the same. I mean if you added Quest to Virtua Fighter 1 it would still be a hugely different experience from VF5's Quest because of how the mechanics work.

Another way to put it is that a master of Virtua Fighter 2 would not instantly be a master of Virtua Fighter 3, while someone who could beat Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine without much worries would not have a very hard time with Puyo Puyo Anniversary.

It is really not the same thing at all the way you are trying to point out.

A master of Puyo Pop Sun my not be a master of Puyo Pop Fever.

I'm not saying there arent more changes in VF games... I'm saying you are trying to discredit the Puyo Pop series as not changing at all, nothing being improved or added. Which is simply not true.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 09:40:10 pm »
That is not true. You mentioned Virtua Fighter in comparison first and I was trying to defend that and point out that it is different.

I am not trying to discredit Puyo Puyo as a good series or anything, I am just saying that it's continued quality has more to do with them not changing anything major and that it would not be fair to list every game in the series Sonic Team made as proof they are making as many good games as AM2 or whatever you meant by that. The same is true with the Phantasy Star games for the most part, not much of their gameplay has been altered for 10 years. Neither of these are issues, mind you, just saying.

Sonic games for instance have quality ranges all over the place, but they do change pretty much everything for each release. Something like Shadow had very similar controls to Heroes and very similar art to Adventure 2, but had entirely new gameplay styles and gimmicks. All of this pretty much sucked, but they DID try new things.

I disagree that a master of Puyo Puyo Sun may have any troubles in Puyo Puyo Fever though. I know a guy who plays the series like weekly and masters each release the second he plays them. The same is never true for Virtua Fighter, even with some of those really crazy talented guys.

I would say another puzzle game such as Columns would have been a better comparison than VF.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »
Not even reading it.

Back on topic.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:30 pm »
Cool, you admit you are wrong then.

Back on topic.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 01:08:54 am »
2) Nagoshis game almost sertainly became this new gun focused Yakuza game, the VC team new game I can't say what happened but as I always tell you plans change but I heard it from two seporate places so...
Makes sense.
They first time I saw Majima with a Shotgun I knew it was his shooter.
But that also means its aimed for the west, no?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 07:08:30 am »
Cool, you admit you are wrong then.

Fantastic, So not wanting to continue derailing my thread with your shitty argumentative rubbish means I admitted I was wrong?

Fuck it, Banned for a week for continuing an argument I went out of my way to stop only to try and provoke it further and derailing a thread.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 07:09:43 am »
Quote from: "Pao"
Makes sense.

To be honest I don't really know but I suspect putting guns into a Yakuza game IS to make it more western.
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »
At least there's a chance of it being released in the west.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 04:14:13 pm »
Quote from: "Pao"
Makes sense.

To be honest I don't really know but I suspect putting guns into a Yakuza game IS to make it more western.
If it was indeed aimed for the west, then we will witness the return of the English dub.