Author Topic: Sonic Boom Thread  (Read 88662 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sonic Boom Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »
Wait nvm. I was going with the thought that the cryengine reel was shown years ago. Seems it was only last year :s

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2014, 09:02:03 am »
New character revieled

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2014, 09:48:48 am »
And I've seen the darn Youtube video. The actress who plays Sticks is a VA veteran:

http://youtu.be/EsIvZ0lcYDM

The lines she says are just... wow.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:44 am »
And I've seen the darn Youtube video. The actress who plays Sticks is a VA veteran:

http://youtu.be/EsIvZ0lcYDM

The lines she says are just... wow.

Another fine contribution to Sonic's wonderful cast of friends. ::)
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2014, 03:12:02 am »
Yep, better my pitchfork and ma torch from the broom closet 'cause it's that time of the year again.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:00 am »
Yep, better my pitchfork and ma torch from the broom closet 'cause it's that time of the year again.

I gave up on Sonic a long time ago, so I really don't care. I just find the perpetual downward spiral amusing.

Credit to Naoto Oshima for creating a character so iconic that it's been able to endure despite 15 years of mostly crappy games.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:11:52 am by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »
The writers of My Little Pony is writing this thing??? Not people from the SEGA universe. However we are getting some of the voice actors from the recent games. The CGI is being done by a French company ( Canada, France....... Common Wealth, The EU ). That is real nice. From now on, when I purchase anything retaining to Sonic, I am going to be feeding them....real nice.

My thoughts on this Stiks. Also looking for ( Live ladies house ) scene of voice actresses, in an ( life ladies house ) scene or something along those lines. Seriously waste of voice actresses.

The one thing that hurts the most, is that they are using the words "Sonic Boom", for this, series.
They are only using it, to make SATAM fans think this is a comeback to talk about it. The next thing is how the excuse is going to be, that Sonic and his buddies all grew up. Perfect excuse in an western fictional studio. So all this time, "beach bunny chasing" Sonic on AOS was really a kid?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rf3ZSZqDSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jkUgpsFLeM

You see this, link, that is what Sticks is to this series. She is TinyToons/ Tazmania and lost world, rolled up into one. Yeah that is real nice, for SEGA to create a female character that is foolish and make everything work out for her, but if it was a male character they would surely make him fail.
In fact if you remember SATAM, then you will remember that episode about all the different characters they found living across the land. But for Sticks her boomerang specifically points to an Australian decent.

Why can't Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Amy just look like themselves???? That is my problem with Sticks, as a character. It does not make any real sense at all. She is shaped, and looks like Sonic, from the original series, but she is made out of AIR TIME, to waste time in the series. Oh look she lives inside of an cave, like the tree house in "Kids Next Door" or even "Adventure Time".

You know another problem? This is videogame world, and they are practically "Donkey Konging" the entire series, and think nobody will notice. Right now I notice that if sticks, was an 8-bit character, she would look so un exciting or even bland to look at. Why does she needs clothing, oh right everybody has clothing now??? Why isn't her foot wear a bright color, like green, yellow, fusha, or some other wild colors, why is she an animal wearing animal skins???
WHY IS SHE ANIMAL, WEARING ANIMAL SKIN?????

When little kids ( that we were once ) will see this thing, they will think ( oh Sonic was a kid back then ). Sonic was never a kid, Sonic was an older young adult and Tails was his little brother. Sonic is small animal in comparison to Robotnik and other human characters, that is why Sonic is small in size, because he is an animal, and that just made sense.

So when we do flash backs, of Sonic, are we going to see them as they were?

When Robo-Sonic or E-series appears, are they going to be morphed as well? Even SATAM had robo-Sonic. How else could they damage this thing.

Poor Knuckles, as well. Poor Knuckles because he was super strong and super tough, without having to be over sized. He does not need to be on steroids. He can fly, he can fly, he can fly and punch through walls. I mean, why? He was the Hybrid Sonic character that everybody loved, and they damn him into being an giant weight lifter?

And ( Life Ladies house ) Amy Rose. No really she sucks, she literally sucks. She is bland and just keeps getting blander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkdwbrLVJ4

No really, poor Knuckles , poor Knuckles. I mean he the better Sonic Character, and they turned him into that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:52:51 pm by RegalSin »

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »
I don't know all about that but I hope she says this line or something related in Sonic Boom.
http://youtu.be/TsaRLW-iTmo

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2014, 06:08:00 pm »
For those who can't read my writing. Make a little hum sound, you know pretend as if I was talking directly to you. Pretend if I was a Japanese person, since all westerners seems to worship anything related to them.

Keep this up and I'm issuing a warning.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
I don't know all about that but I hope she says this line or something related in Sonic Boom.

Omgsh, they took the boys voice ( which is mostly done by a girls AKA Peter Pan ), and just slapped it on to a character that does not fit in, just to give the "actress" a job. Omgsh...... who's ( Live lady house ), did she have to ( Kirby ), in order to get this part. Working her way up the food chain obviously. Also you see the expressions on her face, when she is doing the voice, it looks like she is going in and out of a state of mind. I wish I had some Hollywould ( Predator face ) right about now. That is what they do, basically a bunch of ( Predator faces ).

However this is common, I guess since "Mrs Puff" is also done by an older actress, who is retired from the screen. I think she was popular back then, but she also plays the exact same part in both real life, and off-screen.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2014, 12:06:13 pm »
update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaY7XPc0VQA

Not dissapointed cuz I knew what to expect.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:14:38 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2014, 12:14:24 pm »
Well I'm disappointed because it looks bad. Camera is way off, Sonic's non boost speed is even faster than usual, levels are too dark (Seriously what do Western platformers have against brighter lighting?) And the combat doesn't seem great.

Which is a shame as the platforming at least looks like it could have been fun :/

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2014, 12:43:38 pm »
Video went private. I think they already noticed the backlash perhaps? Game looks far from done. Not sure if "done" is ever going to be good though.. Kind of shocked despite knowing not to expect much.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »
update with interview this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaY7XPc0VQA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »
Uhhh, I thought the whole point of this exercise was to do something different with Sonic. This looks like the same 'Run down a corridor packed with boosters, then grind a rail for a bit' we've been getting for the last few years. Only this looks somehow worse. Are they just using the shoulder buttons to change lanes or something?

So, now we've had two developers that generally make very good games attempt a Sonic game and churn out garbage? Sonic the Hedgehog is truly the IP of Darkness. No man can attempt to touch it without being tainted and twisted, unleashing upon the world a horrible beast that devours it's mother's good will at it's birth, and unleashes pain, suffering and bad reviews upon the earth.

The horror. The horror...