Author Topic: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America  (Read 113336 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »
No you see SEGA specifically designed secret code into the Saturn so that it would gimp certain games, I can't believe you didn't know this Madehench *roll eyes*

That may be true for games like Ecco the Dolphin, where the swimming in that game was a glitch that got exploited and built on for Sequels like Revenge of Ecco, but it's not true for Croc which was a bona-fide ACCIDENT m8. I reckon ur just ir8, this glitch is gr8, if you want to convers8 then hang around, if you are just going to talk sh8 then you should dissip8, m9te.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2015, 03:38:50 pm »
9 Years since the Announcement of Final Fantasy Versus XIII/XV in 2006 took SE to release the friggin game

? Some games take years to develop and go through various design changes and all that , just look at Star Craft 2 a decade and more in the making . WOW is years old and still no direct sequel , SEGA it's self took some 12 years to make a 'direct sequel to PSO and SEGA own MMORG Shenmue Online was years into development and even after 20 million spent on it a complete non show.

In between the releases of MGS 4 and 5, Konami publish a crap ton of financial failures or games that didn't meet the expectations just like the PES Saga, Silent Hill Games, Castlevania reboot and more failing new IP

Just like SEGA then  and btw not only has konami been one of the most profitable gaming companies  in Japan over the last 2 decades and able to remain independent. Koanmi MGS IV has alone sold better than all the PS3 Yakuza's combined.

Are we going to pretend that Dead Rising 3 is a next generation game?

And why isn't a next gen game ?, and I like to know what's your definition of a next gen game.

Post one company that has had success with this formula of releasing new triple A games

Just one ?. EA, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft, Take Two, Bethesda, Capcom  all seem to do rather well on the back of AAA games from their studio's .

By the time most of those games launch SEGA Japan would have had 3 original titles out on the PS4,  1 title from their Western branch and 1 port of an older game.

Nothing original about PS3 Yakuza ports to the PS4 .

Adding to that, Electronic Arts had failures in Fuse and Dante's Inferno. Medal of Honour under preformed too.

LOl What and Sonic Boom, Sonic Lost World, Nights II, Rise of Nightmares , Binary Domain, weren't flops ? When it comes to games flops and failures SEGA got plenty and sadly too many

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »
Nothing original about PS3 Yakuza ports to the PS4 .

They are content made for the Playstation 4, wither you like it or not, it is available and launched alongside it's Playstation 3 version and not a remaster but an original release alongside the lesser version.

LOl What and Sonic Boom, Sonic Lost World, Nights II, Rise of Nightmares , Binary Domain, weren't flops ? When it comes to games flops and failures SEGA got plenty and sadly too many

... ?

Are you trying to go off on a tangent again, how does me replying to Mang who was replying to George who said no one has a solid plan on making AAA success even bring SEGA into this? The very point is no one can make a 100% success rate so er thanks for proving my point I guess.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2015, 04:46:07 pm »
We are talking about Japanese companies and how they are failing. Seems the only one doing 'goat post' moving was you Mademan.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2015, 04:55:24 pm »
Crazy Taxi Rush on the iOS is AAA for sure. I have my taxi so pimp out jesus
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:07 pm »
Crazy Taxi Rush on the iOS is AAA for sure. I have my taxi so pimp out jesus

Seriously speaking Chain Chronicle is a cool mobile game that I've sank time in and enjoyed the characters.

I wouldn't mind it being expanded into a full blown retail title.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »
I've been growing to enjoy mobile games. They literally last for a minute or two, have no load times, and Sega ones are fantastic.

It's arcade gaming at it's best.
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:40 pm »
Usually around here AAA means 'high budget, new technology, big team, massive marketing' while the new generation of gamers really don't care about that shit. Minecraft is literally the biggest game of this generation. Minecraft...

The days of triple A development are dying and indies are getting more traction. Small teams, creative ideas delivered right to a consumer that has their voice heard in development.

Some say the consumers don't know what they want, those people are the fucking idiots ruining companies like SEGA and other Japanese companies. Atlus literally said the shift to their success was actually listening to their fanbase and expanding on things they liked. Not to mention, Atlus also doesn't release high budget releases.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:50 am »
They are content made for the Playstation 4,

They're far from 'original' for starters and seeing last  tech running at 60 and even 1080p is hardly an impressive feat  of SEGA next gen engine or anything new these days  . I can play all the 4 Halo's in just that, but here's hopping Halo V uses the Xbox One tech to the fullest we can soon play DMC in 1080p and at 60fps on the One and PS4 but that's hardly a great advert from Capcom next gen engine and so one hopes any new DMC game will make full use of Capcom's new gen engine .

Are you trying to go off on a tangent again
Whas's the matter we forgot about the SEGA flops ? . When it comes to letdowns and flops SEGA up there with the best these days sadly , even corp has them .

Usually around here AAA means 'high budget, new technology, big team, massive marketing' while the new generation of gamers really don't care about that shit.

That's why the PS4 is the best selling console and SONY is pushing its GFX advantage  ?. Graphics do count for a lot even in this or last gen. Gamers are more than zavvi enough to port out any sort comings in multi platform games on their different consoles and if game looks like total rubbish it will have a hard time selling to the public no matter how good the gameplay is Daytona USA on the Saturn showed this years back .

The days of triple A development are dying

? To me they're just as good as last gen. Sorry you might not like them or think they're good but there's been plenty of AAA games that's been made and upcoming for this gen and loads made last gen . The days of small teams being able to make a 'real' impact on the mainstream died out with the likes of Amiga/ST and that just went full scale with the Saturn and PS.

The Japanese studios are dying and becoming less and less of a force on the consoles thanks to their focus on the handhelds and mobiles , its pretty sad to see the decline in the likes of SEGA Japan, Treasure Etc ...That's the trouble for many they grew up and loved the Japanese studios and now they're just not delivering like they use too and that why for a few they dislike this and last gen as the Western teams have taken over 

Minecraft is literally the biggest game of this generation. Minecraft...

I think that's GTA V isn't it ?. They'll always be an except to the rule I think Tetris is the best selling game ever , I mean bloody Tetris .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2015, 05:15:00 am »
Hey. Tetris is a fucking masterpiece. You can do so much with 4 squares, omg.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:22 am »
I've been growing to enjoy mobile games. They literally last for a minute or two, have no load times, and Sega ones are fantastic.

Yeah I do love a bit of Sonic 2 and Crazy Taxi on the go too.

I just wish SEGA ported more of their console stuff to phones, I'd love to play more of the 2D stuff like Ristar, Monster World, etc on mobile.

They're far from 'original' for starters and seeing last  tech running at 60 and even 1080p is hardly an impressive feat  of SEGA next gen engine or anything new these days  . I can play all the 4 Halo's in just that, but here's hopping Halo V uses the Xbox One tech to the fullest we can soon play DMC in 1080p and at 60fps on the One and PS4 but that's hardly a great advert from Capcom next gen engine and so one hopes any new DMC game will make full use of Capcom's new gen engine .

They are original content because they are new content, not because they are revolutionary. That is what people want, content. We aren't talking about AAA gaming with all the high tech graphics but a broad scope like content. This is what people like Crackdude, Mang, etc are talking about.

Whas's the matter we forgot about the SEGA flops ? . When it comes to letdowns and flops SEGA up there with the best these days sadly , even corp has them .

No you just happen to be proving my point. George said no publisher has a forumlar for AAA success, Mang responds with EA, I respond that they too have failures.

You're reading comprehension is failing. You're basically helping me and George prove our point.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2015, 07:37:57 am »
They are original content because they are new content, not because they are revolutionary

? Content does mean a game is original and you'll be having almost the exact gameplay experience playing Yakuza 0 or Ishin on the PS3 as you would on the PS4  It's not new and at least with Capcom and Fromsoft upcoming last gen ports users not only get full 1080p and 60fps but the likes of Fromsoftware are also adding new content to Dark Souls Scholar of the Sin, but there again Fromsoftware are a class outfit .
I'd love to play more of the 2D stuff like Ristar, Monster World, etc on mobile
You mean the old SEGA ? Says it all really. Trouble is under Sammy current model in 20 years time they'll be no classic SEGA games to milk, becasue these days SEGA don't make the classics like they use to 
but a broad scope like content
Well games like GTA will leave Yakuza standing on that front so does Assassin's Creed. And huge ammount of content does not fit well with SEGA Japan focus on Mobile gaming
George said no publisher has a forumlar for AAA success, Mang responds with EA, I respond that they too have failures
Every corp will make the odd bad game and have the odd flop (even Nintendo) But plenty of publishers do rather well of the back of  their AAA games be that EA, Take Two, Nintendo, Capcom Activsion, Ubisoft , Square Enix Bethesda .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2015, 07:44:07 am »
We are talking about Japanese companies and how they are failing. Seems the only one doing 'goat post' moving was you Mademan.

Yes because it's not fair to compare glorious white men to inferior yellow men from Japan. For once we agree on something m80.
I don't know what Goat Posts are, but it sounds like the basis for an excellent Kick-starter, Early Access Steam game.

Also I don't know if you're really taking this topic seriously, because I certainly am not.

No you just happen to be proving my point. George said no publisher has a forumlar for AAA success, Mang responds with EA, I respond that they too have failures.

Forumlar?

I don't remember Arcade Games being stupidly hard unless you put in more money to keep playing...

Oh wait.

But still, I don't into Mob games.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:51:55 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2015, 07:55:21 am »

Sammy's corporate conservatism means Sega will now always be behind. They could invest in Sega, build them up, but instead they prefer to do everything on the cheap and skim off the profits. SOJ are increasingly insular, retreating back into Japan in the age of global communication.
At E3 Sega have managed to have the dullest, most uninspiring line-up, for years now. While Ubisoft, Activision, EA, Nintendo, MS, and Sony dominate, Sega sits on the sidelines with its crumbs.

Make games? Nope, Sammy prefers to just acquire, outsource, and lazily publish or leech off Sony and Nintendo.

Square Enix, Konami, etc, all have their troubles, but they still have some verve and boldness and creative energy.

Spot on post
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:00 am »
Team Andromeda you are wrong. SEGA SAMMY IS THE TRUE GOSPEL AND IS THE ONE TRUE SAVIOUR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNbn1mBPyU

SEGA IS ONE MOST LEADING AND POPULAR GAME DEVELOPERS IN THE WORLD

SEGA HAS PUT OUT A NUMBER OF PRODUCT THAT WERE THE FIRST IN HISTORY AND THE WORLDS FIRST

CONTINUENGLY CHALLENGING WITH TECHNOLOGY AKQUIRED OVER TIME AND IP KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

THE ULTIMATE GAMING MANUFACTURER THAT TRANSCENDES GAMING AND REVOLUTIONIZES ENTERTAINMENT