Author Topic: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America  (Read 112873 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2015, 05:11:57 am »
You think investing millions in one IP is a good business decision when so many are failing or doing alright

Typical politician answer ducks the questions and tries to twist it with a replay :Alien Isoltion only sold well thanks to being multi platform and even then its numbers are hardly anything to get really worked up about given it was on 5 different platforms , but at least it showed to get the best sales it needs to be on a console and multi platform not that Sammy will take much notice I bet .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:22 am »

Typical politician answer ducks the questions and tries to twist it with a replay :Alien Isoltion only sold well thanks to being multi platform and even then its numbers are hardly anything to get really worked up about given it was on 5 different platforms , but at least it showed to get the best sales it needs to be on a console and multi platform not that Sammy will take much notice I bet .

They will take notice, but their logic is:

Western games by Western developers for the western market.

Japanese games for the Japanese by Sega of Japan.

It's been that way for a good while.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:11 am »
No sadly SEGA Japan logic is we can't cut it with the big boys on the consoles and will take the safe and easy option of mobiles for the main. I should also point out that the likes of Square Enix have much bigger western studios, are huge on the mobile , but also make sure the maintain a Big Console team in Japan with very good decent tech .

All in all  SEGA are a leader in anything these days and don't give the console gamer much to look forward too . Thanks for nothing Sammy
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2015, 07:14:03 am »
In the meantime, the Arcade part of Sega is gonna publish and distribute a Luigi's Mansion Arcade Game made by Capcom...sure, Capcom can do it for themselves  just like the exclusive

What ? It's kind of sad SEGA AM aren't up to the job of devleoping it them self's don't you think ?. Not that seeing Seeing SEGA publish a Nintendo port in the Arcade is the kind of thing I like to see.

Maybe I could talk about the almost 9 year project from Square-Enix or the almost predominance of Kojima in Konami that singlehanded push the console side from falling out of business

9 years ? . And konami have always done very well in fact more or than better than SEGA over the years . Not all of that is thanks to Kojima-san , but hey at least Konami kept their main man, not like the way Sammy treated Yu Suzuki :(. And sorry most of the main teams are at least showing off some nice tech and the odd good game to lookforward too on the consoles , SEGA Japan other than Yakuza reskin have little for any next gen console owner to look forward too .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2015, 07:19:56 am »
You can't do revionist history on the fact that Sega has many PC studios on the western side, they are a "leader" in that.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2015, 09:01:46 am »
Really, tech is only important to you? Without next-gen ultimate engine support,  Sega is nothing?

Please, you didn't answer me about that Next- gen engine exclusive not multiplat F2P game from Capcom that was , I repeat,  DELAYED.

9 Years since the Announcement of Final Fantasy Versus XIII/XV in 2006 took SE to release the friggin game.

In between the releases of MGS 4 and 5, Konami publish a crap ton of financial failures or games that didn't meet the expectations just like the PES Saga, Silent Hill Games, Castlevania reboot and more failing new IP's.
Maybe they are similar to Sega in that aspect but not much.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:01 am »
Isn't konami struggling too ? :P

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »
You can't do revionist history on the fact that Sega has many PC studios on the western side, they are a "leader" in that.
[/quote

I remember when SEGA Japan had a PC divsion and it made some classics as well as going on to form the Smilebit Studio which kept one it's PC lines going with some very good DC Ports .  Those days are long gone too
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »
Political answer? How is this: Post one company that has had success with this formula of releasing new triple A games. Are we going to pretend that Dead Rising 3 is a next generation game?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »
Political answer? How is this: Post one company that has had success with this formula of releasing new triple A games. Are we going to pretend that Dead Rising 3 is a next generation game?

Electronic Arts.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, GEORGE?

Offline Ranger X

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2015, 02:42:37 am »
No sadly SEGA Japan logic is we can't cut it with the big boys on the consoles and will take the safe and easy option of mobiles for the main. I should also point out that the likes of Square Enix have much bigger western studios, are huge on the mobile , but also make sure the maintain a Big Console team in Japan with very good decent tech .

All in all  SEGA are a leader in anything these days and don't give the console gamer much to look forward too . Thanks for nothing Sammy

Sammy's corporate conservatism means Sega will now always be behind. They could invest in Sega, build them up, but instead they prefer to do everything on the cheap and skim off the profits. SOJ are increasingly insular, retreating back into Japan in the age of global communication.
At E3 Sega have managed to have the dullest, most uninspiring line-up, for years now. While Ubisoft, Activision, EA, Nintendo, MS, and Sony dominate, Sega sits on the sidelines with its crumbs.

Make games? Nope, Sammy prefers to just acquire, outsource, and lazily publish or leech off Sony and Nintendo.

Square Enix, Konami, etc, all have their troubles, but they still have some verve and boldness and creative energy.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2015, 03:02:45 am »

You want to talk content ? Other than Yakuza 0 what's SEGA's Japan  big plans for the next gen consoles ? At least the likes of Square, Capcom, Fromsoftware and even Konami have some real next gen games to show off and have next gen engines to build games with . SEGA Japan doesn't even seem to have that these days .

Again you are mistaking content and AAA titles. By the time most of those games launch SEGA Japan would have had 3 original titles out on the PS4,  1 title from their Western branch and 1 port of an older game.

The point is content is seriously lacking regardless and that unless there is a form of financial incentive publishers will continue to go down the safe route.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:09:59 am by Aki-at »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2015, 04:08:01 am »
Electronic Arts.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, GEORGE?
I mean't Japanese company.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2015, 04:38:44 am »

Adding to that, Electronic Arts had failures in Fuse and Dante's Inferno. Medal of Honour under preformed too.

Where is YOUR God now Mang?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 08:21:30 am »

Moving the goal-posts again I see? Please discuss wrestling.

Adding to that, Electronic Arts had failures in Fuse and Dante's Inferno. Medal of Honour under preformed too.

Where is YOUR God now Mang?

Had to go back to games that came out eighteen years ago did we Akee? Nice argument bro. NOT!

MY God (or whoever), spun around on the spot 3 times, did a dance and said "Sega making AAA games is forbidden!"