Author Topic: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west  (Read 64938 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2015, 03:38:52 am »
Football Manager rarely goes on sale. Football Manager 2015 has sold over 800k and it hasn't really been cheap. One thing about Football Manager games is that they sell at a good price and retain their value until the next installment with solid sales each year. Very important to its success.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2015, 05:55:08 am »
Football Manager rarely goes on sale. Football Manager 2015 has sold over 800k and it hasn't really been cheap. One thing about Football Manager games is that they sell at a good price and retain their value until the next installment with solid sales each year. Very important to its success.

It's also cheaper to produce I'd imagine (60 - 70 staff in all of Sports Interactive). Monkey Ball is also not as big as it was and it's reflective with no major title released since Banana Splitz.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:17 am »
George made the claim that no in house Japanese game has sold better than Football Manager, Total War or Company of Heroes. We weren't discussing total revenue. Still, Virtua Fighter 4 sold about 500k in the first few weeks in Japan, when I imagine it was full price. Factor in revenue from the international release, EVO, merchandise and the arcades, and I imagine it scoops up a tidy sum.

It isn't an annual release like Football Manager, nor is it a spreadsheet simulator,  so I highly doubt it's been as profitable a series, but I would wager if you compare VF4's revenue with, say, Football Manager 2014, Virtua Fighter made more money.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2015, 10:25:14 am »
Still, Virtua Fighter 4 sold about 500k in the first few weeks in Japan, when I imagine it was full price. Factor in revenue from the international release, EVO, merchandise and the arcades, and I imagine it scoops up a tidy sum

VF IV made SEGA a mint both in the home and Arcade , and games like VT III and VT IV are million sellers . Football Manger makes a lot of money tho , given its just over 100 staff and a year development peroid .

Very important to its success

Do you think the same fabase you be happy if both CA and Sports Inter said thats it we turning our back on High end PC's and working on Mobile for the future - which is in effect what SEGA Japan seems to be doing . I bet the fabase would be pissed at the death of the great corps reduced to mobile imo

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2015, 10:32:06 am »
Do you think the same fabase you be happy if both CA and Sports Inter said thats it we turning our back on High end PC's and working on Mobile for the future - which is in effect what SEGA Japan seems to be doing . I bet the fabase would be pissed at the death of the great corps reduced to mobile imo

Check the steam reviews for TWB:K

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2015, 08:00:22 pm »
Check the steam reviews for TWB:K

It shouldn't have released on Steam at all, CA should have known it would be met with idiots who were expecting it to be a full blown PC TW game when it's a game designed from the ground up with mobility, pick up and play in mind.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:28 pm »
It shouldn't have released on Steam at all, CA should have known it would be met with idiots who were expecting it to be a full blown PC TW game when it's a game designed from the ground up with mobility, pick up and play in mind.

A lot of the reviewers did know what they were getting into, but said it's bad even by Freemium App P2W games.

Regardless, I'm responding to the question about how the fans would react to TW going full mobile, if it's like this, the answer is not well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:35:45 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2015, 06:04:02 am »
Regardless, I'm responding to the question about how the fans would react to TW going full mobile, if it's like this, the answer is not well.

Spot on and its sad to see SEGA Japan fast going down this route .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »
How... what... does a operation in Europe have to do with SOJ? Do we give SOJ credit when a good Total War game comes out? Like Empire that did over 3 million and was super critically acclaimed? Are we really going to pity a game that is like... the 3rd Total War game in the last 12 months?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »
Are we really going to pity a game that is like... the 3rd Total War game in the last 12 months?

No I just wonder how the fanbase of both would feel is SEGA Europe had a big change and had the teams working on more mobile. I'm sure wouldn't be happy , even if it made SEGA Europe millions and millions.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2015, 02:54:33 pm »
Wow, let's relax there. This game has barely been on open beta and it isn't setting the world on fire. I doubt the mobile version will even make it out, I can see SEGA cancelling the project after all the negative feedback.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »
Besides, you can still play all the TW full games and Total War Battle: Shogun (paid app) if you doesn't like that free app/F2P game.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2015, 12:16:23 am »
Wow, let's relax there. This game has barely been on open beta and it isn't setting the world on fire. I doubt the mobile version will even make it out, I can see SEGA cancelling the project after all the negative feedback.

Huh ? I was just saying like and no George its not just this game . Im sure even most of the diehard Football Manager wouldn't want to see their corp go this way , many of them wouldn't lower themself to play FM on the Vita/PSP never mind mobile

Besides, you can still play all the TW full games and Total War Battle: Shogun (paid app) if you doesn't like that free app/F2P game

I'm on about the direction the corp is going. Looking at SOJ output their console line up is lacking and they're more and more the mobile . You really think the fanbase of CA and Sports Int would be happy with their corps going more and more to mobile - even if it made SEGA Europe millions .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:10 am »
How... what... does a operation in Europe have to do with SOJ? Do we give SOJ credit when a good Total War game comes out? Like Empire that did over 3 million and was super critically acclaimed? Are we really going to pity a game that is like... the 3rd Total War game in the last 12 months?
Look, all I'm saying is that Total War: Empire is the best Sonic game of last generation.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »
Huh ? I was just saying like and no George its not just this game . Im sure even most of the diehard Football Manager wouldn't want to see their corp go this way , many of them wouldn't lower themself to play FM on the Vita/PSP never mind mobile

Eh, actually, both Football Manager Handheld and Football Manager Classic 2015 are well received as a companion app for the big release. One is a more simple and cheap game and the other is a game with a full 3D engine and cost more than the other but not so expensive. Also, they are both Top 100 grossing apps in both stores in different countries. Tell me if this is bad.