Author Topic: Sonic Generations Demo - 23rd of June!  (Read 28189 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic Generations Demo - 23rd of June!
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2011, 01:37:31 pm »
I go with "it's just a game, so I'll just relax", but when I want to get picky and try to create a timeline and canon I go with 3-4 years from Sonic 1 through to Generations. It's pointless to use the official ages, as according to Jam, Sonic is 16 but in Sonic Adventure onwards he is 15. Which would mean the events of SA1 to Generations take place within a year, and Sonic actually got younger. :P

Makes more sense to say Sonic was 13-14 when Sonic 1-3&K took place, and was 15-16 when SA1 to Generations take place. So Tails was age 6-7 in the Genesis era and 8-9 in the Dreamcast/Modern era. Would explain how they, and other characters, grew taller. I mean, compare Harry Potter in the first film to the fourth film. That kid grew! Not that I... uh, read the books or watch the movies...

Classic Sonic was also a rather stern proctologist.

I wouldn't mind playing that spin-off game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2011, 01:55:18 pm »
No, the age stuff is just stupid. No one is going to grow colored eyes, for example. It is just a weird concept that is likely going to hurt the settings of future Sonic games. They should have just never allowed them to alter this kind of stuff.

Sonic Heroes was the first game where he was 15, they also changed Knuckles to 16, when he was originally 15 instead. They never planned this, it is a subject that should have never been discussed in the games. They should have focused on something like why if Knuckles likes grapes so much, he has never eaten any in any physical media? At least that does not give any kind of ammo to ruin the fanbase further.

It will not effect the games... Probably, but it is seriously going to hurt the fanbase. I have been around them for awhile and I know what kinds of things they latch onto, this will be one of the biggest yet.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »
Yeah, if the fanbase has survived Sonic '06 and the Werehog, I think they'll survive Generations and all the timeline oddities that it presents. Any series in which the characters never age and is still active will encounter those types of issues.

I agree, age should have never come into it. It's not like Mickey or Bugs Bunny have ages, though Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts imply that the old black and white Mickey is a younger modern Mickey. Thank goodness Sonic's aging isn't THAT extreme.

Applying the age of 15 to Sonic is quite silly when you consider that a real hedgehog averages at 3.5 years and can live as long as 9. Perhaps Classic Sonic died after Sonic & Knuckles and Modern Sonic is his offspring. Now THAT would really mess up the timeline. lol Modern Sonic should be dead any day now, we'll probably meet post-modern Sonic in 2012.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2011, 02:43:02 pm »
@Barry
More like Modern Sonic is in the past and Classic Sonic is in the future. Classic Sonic grew older and when that happens to hedgehogs they lose their eye color. They also begin to enter the "elderly" stage by growing smaller and losing abilities. (No homing attack, no lightdash, no jumping off walls)

@Uranus
Yup, ha ha ha.