Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Isolation Sequel
« Last post by Tad on Today at 07:30:08 am »
I'd seriously suggest you give Isolation ago or even youtube a let's play as whoever told you it was bad is just wrong in my opinion. Just to give you some background, I'm not someone who likes everything Sega does nor do I rate everything they do as great, but I really do think Isolation was one of the best games of that year.

The story is great, they captured the atmosphere and characters perfectly with the film and the mechanics are soild. My only really complaints are one section in the game that could have been skipped (androids) and sometimes although not true, it can feel like you're stuck just hiding in the same place for ages. As I said though, you can get round it. You just have to be brave and go for it or be smart. For example, there was a group of enemies in my way and it was proven difficult to get round them. So, instead of doing so, I lured the alien to them by using a noise maker and hid. The enemies realised what was going on, tried to run themselves, but the alien got them first.

I then waiting for the alien to get bored and snuck out. There's loads of moments like that where you can really do something different.
Everything Else / Re: Politics
« Last post by Tad on Today at 07:20:17 am »
It's probably nothing, but here in Britain a recent poll suggests the Labour party have really caught up and it's almost neck and neck between the Tories now.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Isolation Sequel
« Last post by pcm92 on Today at 06:04:08 am »
I never have played Isolation, but I have heard from other sources that it was bad. I know for a fact Colonial Marines was terrible.
Classic SEGA Discussion / Re: Favorite SEGA Genesis Games!
« Last post by Shun-Di on May 25, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »
Agreed. Sadly, it was too cool for North American and European audiences. :))

My first Contra was the NES one (great game!) but Hard Corps is my favorite too. The characters, bosses, music, graphics and that crazy action...everything is perfect!

You would think it would be the other way around and the japanese version would be harder but no.  XD
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Panzer Dragoon games
« Last post by Asha on May 24, 2017, 11:18:48 pm »
Personally, I'd love a compilation for the Nintendo Switch. Panzer Dragoon, Zwei and Orta on the go is something really tempting for me.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: New Sega Indent
« Last post by Shun-Di on May 24, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
Isn't that bad enough let's also look at some of the low points since Sammy took over SEGA where SEGA games either poor or in most cases disappointing to add to that list

Altered Beast, Sega Rally 2006, Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Valkyria and so it goes on.

It's not that they're all really bad games, its not that SEGA Japan doesn't make the odd fab game, its more its all  so average and so boring. Where is the creative, energetic SEGA Japan for the mid-1990's, that even was on display for the PS2 , Cubeand Xbox where is the that world class tech gone from Japan. It's all so safe, all so boring and that reflecting on this board ..
Hardly any new Threads on the latest SEGA wonder game, even the banner headlines on this site needs to list games and news not directly related to SEGA Projects

SEGA isn't making Shenmue III (which is shaming), got no hand in Wonderboy, Nothing to do with REZ VR  and so on . It be nice to see a real next gen SEGA Japan game, the last I saw of that was Binary Domain . Its been a long time and since then we've have Canvas Tech and the Team go to waste and their series outsourced, PSO Online  left to Japan only and endless yearly sequel to Yakuza with basic improvements to gameplay and tech. Seen new fancy logos from Sammy before (with had one with one of the Yakuza games) heard all about a roadmap before too even Joe used to talk of it way back in the SEGA nerds days . To me all we get is a new Yakuza game, and more outsourcing, while the teams work on Mobile and I, wouldn't say too much, but for all the talk of SEGA doing so great on Mobile.. Square, konami and even Namco do better on Mobile and Namco

Namco about to bring out Tekken 7, we haven't got VF 6 yet and I think I'm right in saying Tekken does better business now in the Arcades that VF . Thanks for nothing Sammy .

Well Sega is bringing back old IPs, but yeah.  it hasn't been as imaginative since Dreamcast and early Gamecube Era (Billy Hatcher, anyone?) I would LOVE VF6!  I'm still playing VF5 on PS3.  :D  Sega of America was more prominent in the 90s too.  Since Saturn though, Good ol Tom left and Sega Tech Institute was disbanded. 
« Last post by Shun-Di on May 24, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »
Sega Genesis n Chill will be a thing, I can assure you fellow citizens.

"Make Sega great again."
Gaming / Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Last post by Asha on May 24, 2017, 10:28:30 pm »
Three amazing games:

This game is so fun! The final level with those invisible platforms is pure hell, though.

The character animations in Genesis Aladdin are incredible. It's still hard to believe that this came from a 16-bit console.

After many years of disinterest, I finally fell in love with Chrono Trigger. This SNES RPG deserves all the praise it gets imo.

« Last post by Tad on May 24, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »
Is that in reference to me?

If so, I never said I vote for one party. I said I won't vote for the tories. The general election in the UK is very different to the nornal one. It's also deciding who handles the EU talks and seeing as the current tory group in charge of it don't have a clue (the main bloke literally said he doesn't have a clue) it would be insane to vote for them.
« Last post by Spock on May 24, 2017, 01:58:26 pm »
I don't see how someone can claim to be a centrist, then turn right around and say they only vote for one party.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10