Author Topic: How do you connect a PS3 to the internet?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline roywang

• Banned
How do you connect a PS3 to the internet?
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:42 am »
I want to know how to connect a PS3 to the internet. I know you can connect it through a netgear box which i own, but my mother will not let me use it because she things it will weck the computer. I do have in my room a wirless network stick which allows me to go on the internet on my computer. Is there anyway of using that to get my PS3 on the internet?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: How do you connect a PS3 to the internet?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:34:55 am »
The wireless stick in your room is just picking up the signal sent out through the netgear router that you have.
You can connect the PS3 wirelessly to the same signal if you know your wirleless network name and password. Connecting the PS3 to your netgear router won't affect your computer at all.

Here's an analogy for you. If you plug a lamp into one outlet in your home, it doesn't really affect the radio you have plugged in in another room. They're connected to the same source, but they don't really interact.

Here's a good site to walk you through the setup of the PS3. It's got screenshots for how to set up a wireless, or wired connection:

http://chasms.com/ps3/ps3.htm