Author Topic: Monkey Island 2: Special Edition at GDC?  (Read 4318 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition at GDC?
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:05:21 am »
This fits with the earlier rumour that Monkey Island fans should be expecting good news this month.

LucasArts is rumoured to be working on a special edition version of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

According to Kotaku sources the studio could unveil the game at next week's Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco.

Originally released in 1991, Monkey Island 2 follows Guybrush Threepwood's attempt to locate the mysterious tresure Big Whoop and win back the affections of love interest Elaine Marley.

Last year, LucasArts released an enhanced version of The Secret Of Monkey Island for Xbox 360, PC and iPhone featuring improved graphics and sound. It has been reported that the revamped sequel will also be given a PS3 release.

An official announcement regarding the Monkey Island 2 special edition is expected at the Game Developers Conference, which runs between March 9 and March 13.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a207 ... oured.html

Hope this is true, Monkey Island 2 is probably the best in the series, and it's been years since I played it. They did a great job with the first game, hope they can do it again for the sequel!

[youtube:2s8lw1cm]6lTz2nkPNXA[/youtube:2s8lw1cm]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Waffle

• Banned
Re: Monkey Island 2: Special Edition at GDC?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:02 pm »
The art design really put me off the first one. I do enjoy the game and dialogue, but I just wish I could play the classic style with voices.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:52:17 pm »
Quote from: "Waffle"
The art design really put me off the first one. I do enjoy the game and dialogue, but I just wish I could play the classic style with voices.

It is strange that they included the original version, but not the original version with voices. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who wanted that, so maybe they'll fix it up for the second game?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 07:46:35 am »
The first remixed Monkey Island was awesome on the iPhone. I'm really hoping they make a second! (is this post worth a karma point?)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:24:29 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
The first remixed Monkey Island was awesome on the iPhone. I'm really hoping they make a second! (is this post worth a karma point?)

Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:50 am »
*air guitar*

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge is coming to the iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this summer.

Lucas Arts revealed the games to kick off their annual Game Developers Conference party, bringing Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert, the originals creators of the game, to the front of the room for the announcement.

The special edition includes new high-def graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system.

“The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition really resonated with gamers young and old thanks to its classic storyline and updated gameplay features,” said LucasArts’ President Darrell Rodriguez. “We’re adding even more great new features in this sequel and can’t wait for classic Monkey Island fans and newcomers alike to experience perhaps the most beloved installment in the franchise ever.”

LucasArts also announced today that The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will soon be available for digital download on the PS3 via the PlayStation Network, for the Mac from Aspyr’s www.GameAgent.com, and for the PC via the Telltale Games online store at www.TelltaleGames.com and Instant Action’s www.InstantAction.com
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/secret ... is-summer/

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:36 am »
Day one.  :afroman:

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 07:39:27 am »
Day zero.  :afroman:

Getting it for the iPhone. The swipe for original graphics and shake for hints features were awesome.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 06:34:49 pm »
That does look a lot better.

Will get it when I finish the first (if ever).