Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 282980 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2014, 07:42:57 am »
i DONT WATCH VIDEO ARTICLES.

I'll give you a summary.

Hideo Kojima: "Bayonetta part two nearly didn't get made. But then it did."

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2014, 09:41:29 am »
and of course other stuff we won't comment on until 2o years down the line when we release a book of it...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2014, 10:46:55 am »
So apparently a demo is now available? (I do check the frontpage on occasion)
Anybody try it yet?

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »
Am I the only one who hates all the Nintendo costumes they got Bayo wearing and think they look like shit?

Please, please don't force down a thousand nintendo references down my throat. Please let me be able to completely ignore all the Nintendo fan-service options.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2014, 08:17:02 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEyuZ6Kf2u4

Anyone tried out the demo? Took a quick look myself see how it feels but quit right after becuz id rather play it at launch. But it felt a lot better than bayo 1 in that short moment. It felt a lot more forgivable than the prologue in bayo 1. Which may be a good or bad thing depending on how good one is. But I think perhaps its a good thing for new players. And I did suck on bayo 1 at the beginning

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »
I dont care about the costumes at all so I will ignore them. Maybe when im done ill check out the metroid one. I guess with a legacy like nintendo's, there's bound to be a lot of fans in studios like platinum games

Offline Randroid

« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2014, 10:42:28 pm »
Just played the demo. It's short, but is it ever action packed! They changed the controls a bit, but there a few layouts you can pick from.

Knowing that I was gonna buy this game regardless of what it looked like, I've avoided most of the videos out there. I'm glad I did as the demo escalates in crazy as it goes. All the beautiful, unique Bayonetta action is there and if Bayonetta is a Nintendo game now, this demo gives no indication of it.

The look and pacing is all there. If this demo is a rep for the final product, then I'm a little less worried now of how Nintendo is handling this game.

Bayonetta!!!!!

Offline Randroid

« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2014, 10:49:53 pm »
Oh yeah! Bayonetta's back!

I forgot what a unique, peerless action game Bayonetta was and still is.

I'm pretty hyped for this release, even just getting to play the re-release of the first game has got me hyped!   

Offline ROJM

« Reply #398 on: October 10, 2014, 04:40:10 am »
I don't think the game itself was ever in doubt..just whether it was going to be a success...and so far its not..in japan,that is..

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #399 on: October 10, 2014, 05:55:44 am »
Yes and that's down to SOJ management and SOJ manegement alone. Why is it that Sega became a household name in the United States when Michael Katz was around? Why was it the Sega became a multi million dollar company when Kalinske was running the show? Why is it when Simon Jeffery was running Sega that the company became the 5th biggest third party in the united states by 2oo7? Why is it that Hayes was around Sega became dominant in various fields and had people talking again about Sega and were excited about their titles and gained more ground to become the succesful division for the group for five years running?
What happened when SOJ ran the show? Oh yes the Saturn, the 32x,the dreamcast and the early noughties and now this period from 2013 onwards. There isn't a debate on this. Sega always had the games. Its just they never knew how to tell the people thatt hey HAD them. And their decisions have always been abysmal. Sega consoles never hit big until the saturn,Sega europe made the master system a hit in europe. Tectoy who licensed the MS in brazil made that system popular for years way after its lifespan. You have to see it for what it is. SOJ management DON'T know what they're doing. That's the bottom line. Its always funny how an company which is essentially american....founded on the principles of pushing innovation and great content by David Rosen...has ONLY been succesful when a westerner was running the show. The japanese i'm sorry to say were only good at one thing in Sega..to make the games. That's it. And they're not doing that properly anymore.

You'd think they'd put their pride to one side and let those who have made them successful run it really.

I'm sure SEGA's own employees sometimes wonder why their games don't sell well or aren't localised when their Higher Ups keep telling them to either "replicate the west" or "your games sell better at home".

It's a real shame really, since SEGA, at least to me, should be jointly ran by the American side as well, the business side tends to be SEGA Wests strongest suit and the Gaming side of things are better handled on the Japanese side like you said.

Am I the only one who hates all the Nintendo costumes they got Bayo wearing and think they look like shit?

Please, please don't force down a thousand nintendo references down my throat. Please let me be able to completely ignore all the Nintendo fan-service options.

No offence, but I am sure there are just as many Sony, MS, Capcom, Nintendo fans who say the same thing about SEGA references in the first game.

Personally, I don't mind it. It's optional and only peddled to get Nintendo fans on board.

Samus Bayonetta looked interesting at least, lol.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:59:02 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #400 on: October 10, 2014, 07:15:19 am »

No offence, but I am sure there are just as many Sony, MS, Capcom, Nintendo fans who say the same thing about SEGA references in the first game.

Personally, I don't mind it. It's optional and only peddled to get Nintendo fans on board.

Is that really the same thing though? People knew that BAYONETTA was a Sega game..IE a Sega game made by PG who made their debut under the Sega banner. Also a lot of the references were subtle.
The diference here is that Bayonetta is wearing Nintendo costumes et etc and its way too much in you're face as compared to the Sega game where the references were more clever and didn't detract from the game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2014, 09:04:41 am »
Yeah the costumes are a bit much compared to the stuff in the first game, but it's kind of like a goofy bonus to celebrate the re-release. If you don't like them you can ignore it, I'm sure the base game still has the wonderful Sega references of Outrun, Afterburner, Hang-On, Space Harrier and the like.

The Space Harrier moment was my favourite in the game. WELCOME TO MY FANTASY ZONE!

I think it's just a nice little touch that they threw in and probably was super-easy to do, but garnered a lot of exposure because it's a neat little touch. I always liked Bayo's default costume the best though.

The demo sounds really good. I don't know if it's going up for North America, but if it does I might check it out before the game drops, since my console should get here before the release date.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:00 am »
The demo sounds really good. I don't know if it's going up for North America, but if it does I might check it out before the game drops, since my console should get here before the release date.

I live in Canada and got the demo. Don't know about the states, but I imagine they got it too.

On the point of the Ninty costumes, wasn't there a vid on this site for a Bayonetta 2 story point that was Star Fox based? I don't know how far it goes since I want to see as little as possible of the game before I play it.

Still I don't know. It rubs me the wrong way. Bayonetta as a character is 100% Sega. All these costumes --- like imagine if they took a sonic game and dressed him up as Link  and made him prance around in Hyrule or something. Oh wait...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #403 on: October 10, 2014, 12:44:04 pm »
I live in Canada and got the demo. Don't know about the states, but I imagine they got it too.

On the point of the Ninty costumes, wasn't there a vid on this site for a Bayonetta 2 story point that was Star Fox based? I don't know how far it goes since I want to see as little as possible of the game before I play it.

Still I don't know. It rubs me the wrong way. Bayonetta as a character is 100% Sega. All these costumes --- like imagine if they took a sonic game and dressed him up as Link  and made him prance around in Hyrule or something. Oh wait...

Well, it was 100% Sega, but they would rather publish skinner boxes on mobile phones instead of Bayonetta... I don't mind it having Nintendo references, but I completely understand what you mean. I would much rather see an Afterburner level than Star Fox, but can you blame them considering Nintendo is publishing this game and not Sega?

Also, I'm from Canada too, so that's good to know! My Wii-U is probably arriving next week so I'll be able to get some demo time to brush up :)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »
Aren't the costumes just a fun optional thing?  You guys literally are complaining just to complain.