Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280764 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2014, 06:00:05 am »
Like this any short of a shock . It was always going to bomb and its not do much better in the West . I'll expect to see the game on the XBox 1 and PS4 next year and even then the game will be multi to be a multi million seller
For a game you kept saying isn't a sega title and that sega has no intrest in..you now expect Sega to hire PG again for a third game...a stance you were also originally against? Because for a third game to happen Sega has to get involved and do the funding. And at this current climate i doubt that will happen. Anyway its too early to say the title has bombed based on first day sales and the current climate of the japanese console market.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2014, 07:26:26 am »
For a game you kept saying isn't a sega title and that sega has no intrest in..you now expect Sega to hire PG again for a third game

Its not a SEGA title and I fully expect SEGA to dump the IP and for Platinum and a 3rd party to buy the rights to Bay and publish the game  XBox One and PS. Even then it not be a multi million seller , but maybe it crack a million sales.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2014, 08:00:04 am »

Its not a SEGA title and I fully expect SEGA to dump the IP and for Platinum and a 3rd party to buy the rights to Bay and publish the game  XBox One and PS. Even then it not be a multi million seller , but maybe it crack a million sales.

Dude...what has happened to you? Sega hardly dumps IP that they own. Your hatred has really eaten you up.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2014, 11:14:40 am »
Dude...what has happened to you? Sega hardly dumps IP that they own. Your hatred has really eaten you up.

They had no trouble getting rid of its sports 2k rights and sold the developer . Bayonetta is a IP that done nothing for SEGA. For once SEGA called it right... SEGA knew Bay II would flop and that's why it wouldn't put money into it's development .

I fully expect the game to be on the next gen this time next year if not sooner.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2014, 11:30:24 am »
They had no trouble getting rid of its sports 2k rights and sold the developer . Bayonetta is a IP that done nothing for SEGA. For once SEGA called it right... SEGA knew Bay II would flop and that's why it wouldn't put money into it's development .

I fully expect the game to be on the next gen this time next year if not sooner.

Look how desperate you have become. Sega still owns the Sega sports brand. They just got rid of the studio. Also PG isn't OWNED by Sega to begin with. Sega hardly gives away their IP especially ones that has made money for them. If they were to get rid of IP that don't make any money than half the ips they own they would have sold off by now..  ::)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:37:29 am by ROJM »

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

EA buying the rights to the NFL for gaming was fairly strong incentive for them to sale. There aren't too many other examples I can think of, though. How many more can you think of?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2014, 04:31:38 am »
EA buying the rights to the NFL for gaming was fairly strong incentive for them to sale.

Well hindsight is a wonderful thing but NBA 2k is now a multi million selling game and nice money maker for Take Two  :(  and for added irony, a  game that has killed EA own Basketball game series

Sega still owns the Sega sports brand

Not the 2k brand which VC can still use and its shows that under Sammy  SEGA has no issues selling off items that don't make it money . Baytonetta II is a flop and isn't going to sell that great in the West . SEGA will have next to no interest and next to no reason to hold on the IP . Watch the IP be sold off to Platinum and watch the game come out on the next gen with SEGA or with out SEGA
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #307 on: September 26, 2014, 05:02:17 am »
IMO SEGA basically traded Visual Concepts for Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive. Was it a good move? Yes, considering that Football Manager's development budget is rather low and the returns are high. Football Manager 2014 is always one of the most played steam games right up there with Valve's DOTA 2.

http://www.steamcharts.com/

So yeah, Football Manager has a more active online fanbase to NBA 2K games.

Not to mention how much of a success Creative Assembly has been for SEGA, so much so that they have expanded the studio and now has over 300 employees. Total War is a big license and their slowly moving more into the console side of things with Viking (which I liked) and now Aliens Isolation.

The issue was also that not only did EA take the license for the NFL, but Take-Two had the exclusive third-party license for MLB. SEGA would have been only really had NHL and MLB. Take-Two did get a steal IMO for 24 million dollars.

But you have to see the fact that:
- ESPN license was bought by EA for 15 years.
- EA bought the NFL license.
- Take-Two had the MLB license.

I can see why their value was lower. If anything, SEGA should have sold Creative Assembly for like 50 million, right before they partnered up with Take-Two to publish NFL 2K5 which is considered one of the best football games ever.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2014, 05:41:12 am »
Well hindsight is a wonderful thing but NBA 2k is now a multi million selling game and nice money maker for Take Two  :(  and for added irony, a  game that has killed EA own Basketball game series

Not the 2k brand which VC can still use and its shows that under Sammy  SEGA has no issues selling off items that don't make it money . Baytonetta II is a flop and isn't going to sell that great in the West . SEGA will have next to no interest and next to no reason to hold on the IP . Watch the IP be sold off to Platinum and watch the game come out on the next gen with SEGA or with out SEGA

And that post shows everyone why you have no idea on what you are on about. Now go away and troll somewhere else...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2014, 05:45:16 am »
IMO SEGA basically traded Visual Concepts for Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive. Was it a good move? Yes, considering that Football Manager's development budget is rather low and the returns are high. Football Manager 2014 is always one of the most played steam games right up there with Valve's DOTA 2.

http://www.steamcharts.com/

So yeah, Football Manager has a more active online fanbase to NBA 2K games.

Not to mention how much of a success Creative Assembly has been for SEGA, so much so that they have expanded the studio and now has over 300 employees. Total War is a big license and their slowly moving more into the console side of things with Viking (which I liked) and now Aliens Isolation.

The issue was also that not only did EA take the license for the NFL, but Take-Two had the exclusive third-party license for MLB. SEGA would have been only really had NHL and MLB. Take-Two did get a steal IMO for 24 million dollars.

But you have to see the fact that:
- ESPN license was bought by EA for 15 years.
- EA bought the NFL license.
- Take-Two had the MLB license.

I can see why their value was lower. If anything, SEGA should have sold Creative Assembly for like 50 million, right before they partnered up with Take-Two to publish NFL 2K5 which is considered one of the best football games ever.

But they didn't. CA and SI came way after Sega got rid of Visual Concepts. And it was part of a deal they struck with Take Two/Kush games who had partnered them on the last batch of Sega sports 2k titles. It was when those games was selling at a low price and outsold the latest MADDEN game that EA reacted and struck that exclusivity deal.
When sega entered into partnerships with CA and SI they were just publishing their games before they fully brought them out. So it was hardly a trade. Especially when most of the money Sega had was the money Sammy brought in.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:32 am »
SEGA basically traded Visual Concepts for Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive. Was it a good move? Yes, considering that Football Manager's development budget is rather low and the returns are high

I don't see why you couldn't have them all myself and it should also be noted that CA were themself's a very capable sports developer. NBA 2K is reviewer and sales successes these days. 

CA and SI came way after Sega got rid of Visual Concepts

SEGA Europe signed the Football Manager deal way before  SEGA sold Visual and even before Sammy took full control of SEGA .

Not to mention how much of a success Creative Assembly has been for SEGA, so much so that they have expanded the studio and now has over 300 employees

I think you overplay that a little . CA had a consumer division years before SEGA took over  and while they've added a number of staff they've also closed some of CA satellite studios like its Australia  . So overall the head count isn't that much bigger

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:15 am »
I never suggested that the Visual Concepts was literally traded for Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive, but more figuratively. .

Before the world cup Sports Interactive said it sold 780,000 units of Football Manager 2014, months before the World Cup. It is known that the world cup gave the game a massive push.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/football-manager-2014-breaks-pc-record/0134420

Sure it isn't as big as NBA 2K, but you have to know that NBA games never really sold 5 million units + before 2K Sports put all that effort into the games. NBA Live was huge and 2K games basically destroyed it so bad it went off the market (for like 4 years).

This is all stuff that SEGA wouldn't have known keeping the studio. I can see them thinking that the NBA license was bound to be grabbed next (seeing as the MLB, NFL license already got grabbed).

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2014, 08:13:05 am »
Anybody Importing the Japanese version?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2014, 08:55:41 am »
SEGA Europe signed the Football Manager deal way before  SEGA sold Visual and even before Sammy took full control of SEGA .

Sega didn't buy CA or SI when they got rid of Visual concepts. I never mentioned tha they started the publishing deal afterwards. So stop spinning people on nonsense TA.

Here's what i said.
But they didn't. CA and SI came way after Sega got rid of Visual Concepts. And it was part of a deal they struck with Take Two/Kush games who had partnered them on the last batch of Sega sports 2k titles. It was when those games was selling at a low price and outsold the latest MADDEN game that EA reacted and struck that exclusivity deal.
When sega entered into partnerships with CA and SI they were just publishing their games before they fully brought them out. So it was hardly a trade. Especially when most of the money Sega had was the money Sammy brought in.

There is nothing there TA that suggests that i was saying that the publishing deal STARTED after the VC sell off. I mentioned they brought them after that all happened.

But keep on with your lies....

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:59:26 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:01 am »
Anybody Importing the Japanese version?

I always get the Japanese version first anyways.