Author Topic: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It  (Read 84160 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2023, 09:09:16 pm »
404 GAME RE:SET to end service on January 5, 2024

“We have come to conclusion that it will be difficult to provide users satisfactory service going forward, so we have decided to end service,” SEGA said in a statement.
Main story additions, new characters, new figures, and additional events will continue to be added until service ends.
404 GAME RE:SET first launched for iOS via App Store and Android via Google Play on April 25 in Japan and Asia. It follows ...

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/10/404-game-reset-to-end-service-on-january-5-2024

Offline Berto

« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2023, 09:16:36 pm »
Maybe Arle drives a CARbuncle?

Nice pun name, but I doubt Carbuncle would want to lower himself to be a car since he's always flying all the time.

I can imagine a Puyo Puyo course set around the Magic School.

Whenever someone said "Magic School" my mind is always on Hogwarst.

Similar to Curien Mansion course, the racecourse could drive through the courtyard and some of the surrounding areas, all the while fallen puyo obstruct the track.

Weren't falling puyos already done in Japanese version of Racing Transformed?

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2023, 06:02:50 am »
404 GAME RE:SET "Crazy Taxi" Fan Art by Hakuzendo

Source : https://twitter.com/hakuzendo/status/1718472328332665293
Wouldn't mind riding over them speed bumps!
Nice pun name, but I doubt Carbuncle would want to lower himself to be a car since he's always flying all the time.
At least a car themed on Carbuncle. Though if for Transformed it was a car that changes to land, air or water themed on three of the five puyo, I dunno which puyo would be chosen.
Whenever someone said "Magic School" my mind is always on Hogwarst.

If Warner Bros. can rip-off Smash Bros. for Multi Versus, they'll probably rip-off Mario Kart eventually so I wouldn't be surprise if there will be race cars driving around Hogwarts at some point.

But I can imagine a Primp Town race course if done right.
Weren't falling puyos already done in Japanese version of Racing Transformed?

I didn't know given I played the European version.

Offline Berto

« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2023, 09:45:54 pm »
Wouldn't mind riding over them speed bumps!

You'll end up dead though if you couldn't catch up with her speed, just like what's happened with MC and Outrun in the first chapter.

At least a car themed on Carbuncle. Though if for Transformed it was a car that changes to land, air or water themed on three of the five puyo, I dunno which puyo would be chosen.

Does it have to be Arle or Ringo who drives the car?
Why not the Puyo? It would be funnier and more memorable that way.

If Warner Bros. can rip-off Smash Bros. for Multi Versus, they'll probably rip-off Mario Kart eventually so I wouldn't be surprise if there will be race cars driving around Hogwarts at some point.

But I can imagine a Primp Town race course if done right.

They are still students, all they are allowed to ride was ... broomstick.
And that reminded me a game with wizards and broomstick ... Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing.

Offline Berto

« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2023, 11:11:36 pm »
Keiichi Matsunami is Retiring from SEGA

"Today, October 31, 2023, I am retiring from Sega.
I wondered whether I would continue at Sega, but I have lived my life to create games that will develop the game culture, and I will continue to produce games with that ambition.
I will continue to do my best."

Source : https://twitter.com/SG_matsu/status/1719240904027083210

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2023, 08:56:58 am »
You'll end up dead though if you couldn't catch up with her speed, just like what's happened with MC and Outrun in the first chapter.
Oh dear, I best stick wit Columns.
Does it have to be Arle or Ringo who drives the car?
Why not the Puyo? It would be funnier and more memorable that way.

It would be. (Where did you even find that picture?) But Arle has always been the poster girl to the Puyo Puyo series next to the puyos themselves.
They are still students, all they are allowed to ride was ... broomstick.
And that reminded me a game with wizards and broomstick ... Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing.

Nah it be an assortment of racers from various WB franchises just like MultiVersus. If anything it be weird to see the Mystery Machine, Bug's carrot racecar, the batmobile, Rick's space cruiser and other whacy racing vehicles driving around Hogwarts.

Sure it will be a violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy but a MultiVersus Whacky Racing game would be awesome.

Offline Berto

« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2023, 11:23:19 pm »
Oh dear, I best stick wit Columns.

Da queen. She'll treat us and everyone same way ... as slaves.

It would be. (Where did you even find that picture?) But Arle has always been the poster girl to the Puyo Puyo series next to the puyos themselves.

Dr. Robotnik with his mean bean machine be like :

Nah it be an assortment of racers from various WB franchises just like MultiVersus. If anything it be weird to see the Mystery Machine, Bug's carrot racecar, the batmobile, Rick's space cruiser and other whacy racing vehicles driving around Hogwarts.

Sure it will be a violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy but a MultiVersus Whacky Racing game would be awesome.

Understandable. The teachers might be like "F the rule. Start your engine kids and beat those cartoonic demons plaguing our sacred castle."

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2023, 05:39:31 am »
Da queen. She'll treat us and everyone same way ... as slaves.

As long as I get to be in her harem, sure.

Dr. Robotnik with his mean bean machine be like :
Dr. Eggman was already in the racing games.
https://media.tenor.com/h1G7zMz1bz0AAAAd/i-guess-well-never-know-the-history-guy.gif
Understandable. The teachers might be like "F the rule. Start your engine kids and beat those cartoonic demons plaguing our sacred castle."
"Like zoinks Scoob! This castle is full of magic and ghosts!"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 05:47:18 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2023, 02:31:11 am »
As long as I get to be in her harem, sure.

"Like zoinks Scoob! This castle is full of magic and ghosts!"

Fred : "Don't worry, probably only humans pretending to be ghosts again for nefarious reasons."
Shaggy : "But they are flying!!!"

Dr. Eggman was already in the racing games.

I meant as poster boy of Puyo Puyo.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2023, 09:32:54 am »
Fred : "Don't worry, probably only humans pretending to be ghosts again for nefarious reasons."
Shaggy : "But they are flying!!!"
Shaggy: "And I'm pretty sure one of those kids call me a muggle, whatever that means."
I meant as poster boy of Puyo Puyo.
Well, Arle made sure she kept her throne.

Offline Berto

« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2023, 08:24:34 am »
Shaggy: "And I'm pretty sure one of those kids call me a muggle, whatever that means.

Scooby Doo :  "Ruh-roh, it must be a food name, Raggy. They're gonna eat you."

"Well, Arle made sure she kept her throne.

Does that mean Arle is stronger than Robotnik?

Offline Berto

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2023, 08:57:19 am »
SEGA announced the launch of their new arcade racing game "Apex Rebels"!

We are thrilled to announce the launch of Apex Rebels!
Our incredible new video racing motion game 🏁
See the grand unveiling on booth 1006 at IAAPA!

Read All About It: https://segaarcade.com/news/apex-rebels-feel-every-turn-conquer-the-apex

Offline Berto

« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2023, 09:11:05 am »
How much do you know about Wahlap as the 1st Listed Company in Amusement & Arcade in China?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOwb5eVmNU

As one of China's largest amusement game suppliers and service providers, Wahlap Technology offers a comprehensive range of services, including R&D, manufacturing, distribution, operation, merchandise solutions, and E-sports.

We have established long-term strategic partnerships with globally influential IPs and game developers, including Microsoft XBOX, Bandai Namco, SEGA, Pokémon, Marvelous, Raw Thrills, IGS, and others.

With over 100,000 pieces of equipment operating in more than 10,000 locations and counting, we are dedicated to helping customers find joy unique to them.

Wahlap's product range encompasses a wide variety of gaming and amusement equipment, including arcade machines, redemption games, video games, and related software. These products are widely used in entertainment centers, arcades, theme parks, and other leisure and amusement venues around the world.

Link : https://www.wahlap.com/en.html

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2023, 05:48:55 pm »
Scooby Doo :  "Ruh-roh, it must be a food name, Raggy. They're gonna eat you."
"Like zoinks! Scoob!"
Does that mean Arle is stronger than Robotnik?

In a way... yeah.

The game may have had Dr. Robotniks name in the title but Dr. Robotnik himself was the antagonist, not the protagonist. Therefore, given it's an imported game he would be the reskin of Satan, who Arle has beaten many times.
SEGA announced the launch of their new arcade racing game "Apex Rebels"!

Read All About It: https://segaarcade.com/news/apex-rebels-feel-every-turn-conquer-the-apex
Hm... I'm curious how far Sega will make this as a franchise, or if it will just be arcade exclusives.

Offline Berto

« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2023, 03:20:10 am »
The game may have had Dr. Robotniks name in the title but Dr. Robotnik himself was the antagonist, not the protagonist. Therefore, given it's an imported game he would be the reskin of Satan, who Arle has beaten many times.

Who's the protagonist in Mean Bean Machine?
Is it us as player, Sonic, or may be ... another Robotnik?
Since Arle has Dark Arle, may be Robotnik has Light Robotnik?

Hm... I'm curious how far Sega will make this as a franchise, or if it will just be arcade exclusives.

Just like Daytona 3, Drone Racing Genesis, Storm Rider 2, and Initial D The Arcade Ver 2.0 before, it'd be an arcade exclusive.