Author Topic: Sega at AOU 2010.  (Read 37400 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Sega at AOU 2010.
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:17 am »
BB.TV Vol.008 ( Displaying Ver1.5 )
[youtube:1e36rla0]FQaKS7rCPHw[/youtube:1e36rla0]

i can see some new animations ! at 0:34 & 01:48
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 08:39:42 am »
I'm sure they are not happy with SFC; they are just trying to save the title, since they have "killed" Quest of D to shift it for SFC... but the users(almost from Quest of D) are not happy with SFC.

Don't need to say what the Shining series fans think about this title... ;p

Again, there is no AM3 anymore. There are only 2 AM departments: AM1 and AM2. Sega's President(Usui Okitane) is the "leader" of both teams himself; he is doing all the job cause he can do it.

The arcade market in Japan still falling down, sadly. Medals arcade games are the best way to make money nowadays... Sakura Taisen Pachinko machine(which is a medal arcade game) made more money than Dragon Quest 9 made for Square Enix ;p

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 10:19:33 am »
Are you turning into the new Cube?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 10:44:16 am »
No, STORM is right. Shining Force Cross looks like a shitfest. I do not even know why they are calling it a Shining game... It has nothing related to the series in it. It should have just been Phantasy Star Arcade or something.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010, 03:17:12 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
No, STORM is right. Shining Force Cross looks like a shitfest. I do not even know why they are calling it a Shining game... It has nothing related to the series in it.
That shouldn't surprise you, the Shining Force name has been dragged through the mud so many times since SFIII I wouldn't be surprised if Aliens Vs Predator was released in Japan as Shining Force Pillow or something.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
No, STORM is right. Shining Force Cross looks like a shitfest. I do not even know why they are calling it a Shining game... It has nothing related to the series in it.
That shouldn't surprise you, the Shining Force name has been dragged through the mud so many times since SFIII I wouldn't be surprised if Aliens Vs Predator was released in Japan as Shining Force Pillow or something.

Aliens? GROSS! Shining is about cute naked boys that ride their swords like skateboards.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2010, 03:05:05 am »
While i think its pretty stupid that they called it Shining Force, game looks awesome on the AOU trailer.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:37 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
While i think its pretty stupid that they called it Shining Force, game looks awesome on the AOU trailer.

Agreed . The trouble for me is the use of  'Force',  not so much Shining  (shinning Wisdom played nothing like a Force game ECT) , but they again we had Shining 'Force' games on the PS2 , that play nothing like the Camelot 'Force' classics .

Game looks awesome , with lovely vibrate colourful graphics, great bosses and what seems a rock solid 60 fps . AM#2 are class
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010, 04:04:41 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Quote from: "Sharky"

Agreed . The trouble for me is the use of  'Force',  not so much Shining  (shinning Wisdom played nothing like a Force game ECT) , but they again we had Shining 'Force' games on the PS2 , that play nothing like the Camelot 'Force' classics .

Game looks awesome , with lovely vibrate colourful graphics, great bosses and what seems a rock solid 60 fps . AM#2 are class

can't agree more .

what matter is how good the game really is .
i don't care if it didn't capture the classical form of shining , neither the PS2 shitty games did . and it's not AM2's responsibility to do it in the first place .

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »
Why not just make a new series then? Seriously, it obviously looks nothing like the old Shining games, but it does not even look like the horrendous PlayStation 2 ones either. Where are the wolfmen, hawkmen, centaurs and men with big beards? Were there ever even any floating islands in a Shining game before?

I agree that the level art is great, fantastic even, but why must they change the franchise's style so much when they can just as easily call it a new franchise?!?

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:48 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

Hey not trying to be a dick, but I'm guessing you're foreign and English is a second language for ya. You're damn good enough at it that you really can't tell, but thought I'd give a tip and point out the word you're looking for is "vibrant" not "vibrate." :-)

Or...you knew that and it was just a typo and I look like a twatwaffle.

Offline ROJM_old

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 07:24:10 am »
I'm saying SEGA Arcade teams make better use of the tech they're give to work on . the Arcade teams seem better able to use PC Tech and use of next gen shaders and HDR ECT  , and  John thinks If it’s not fair to compare Arcade games to Homes games, then it shouldn’t be fair to compare AM#2 to a Consumer product that was made with far more staff and much bigger budget .

I really don't know why you get this idea that SEGA  came up with the brain training  concept , because that will be a new one of a few people . And as for the Arcade teams milking , they're not different or worse than Consumer Teams . How many more versions of Monkey ball, Sonic, Sakura , Yakuza do you want ? , and what's Supestar's tennis , All Star Sonic racing , they're just Virtual Tennis , and Mario Kart in different clothing . I see nothing  from the Consumer teams that's  original then and a complete lack of anything that can be classed as new IP from the consumer Teams  .

Really? The fact sega with the help of the guy who originated the concept used in brain training made a toy based on it via sega toys which became a hit and came out a year and a half before nintendo's version? And don't tell me that nintendo was the first because it was a game, If Sega didn't do that brain training game nintendo wouldn't have bothered with making their own version of the game AND bringing the creator to endorse it. In the last three years now, Sega has done nothing but updates with a few new titles on top. This is actually the worst lineup at an AOU in recent memory. Look at the games. Dominated by redemption machines but we'll leave that out, We have a few gambling games like Arabian jewel,several games that's only designed to get little boys and girls to part with their cash on cards toys and watch the cartoons. And none of them are pushing the hardware that they use since they're don't use lindbergh. And if they are using lindbergh that contradicts everything you've been saying about the arcade teams are leading the way.

We have one new light gun game, We have a sequel to a previous light gun game, and a bunch of revisions plus a spin off which is exactly like the game its spinning off from except this time its set in fuedal japan and not based on the romance of three kingdom storyline.

The arcade division has actually gone into decline creativily while the consumer division have actually been revitilised and coming out with some strong software. We are also seeing sega reemerge as a strong publisher with games coming out from some great studios from thwe west and the east. The arcade division has not come out with a great engine in years now nor have they come out with a balls to the walls arcade game like they use to. So your stance that the consumer division is suffering is laughable when the opposite seems to be happening. Your attack on Yakuza is to do with your dislike of nagoshi and nothing more. At the moment the consumer division are now coming out with the games that sega fans want to play. The arcade division was wowing people five years ago. Now the reverse is happening. They've become exactly what the consumer division was doing lacking great AAA titles and suronding themselves with strictly japanese type games during the PS2/xbox/GBA era.

NCL Sony and MS didn't adapt they went into the games industry to cash in

That's no different from SEGA turning to 'Video' games to cash in, Videogames weren't massive when NCL started to turn to videogames either .

Apart from Sega was always in the arcade games buisness, the others weren't. Try again,next time harder.

That Arcade boards that's hardly ever been used , and powered by PowerVR That' used in a host of other products like Mobiles ECT. I'm sorry there's no SEGA tech there

I guess you should have told the new mushi King and whatever title are called that. And auora is technically the last sega customised board with sammy's participation.

And ST a bright spark? Now you are having a laugh
No I'm serious , They are too . Sonic Team are going to suprise a lot of people , they're a Team that's stating to get it , and put right a lot of wrongs
No they are not. when will you learn that a proposed great game doesn't mean the team is a great spark. Until they can come out with a dozen great games then i'll be more inclined to agree with you.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 10:56:52 am »
The fact sega with the help of the guy who originated the concept used in brain training made a toy based on it via sega toys which became a hit and came out a year and a half before nintendo's version? And don't tell me that nintendo was the first because it was a game

News to me , and why didn't SEGA make a game out of it then , before  NCL? Also I'll never  ever say NCL were the 1st , they were quite a few  on the PC ,  I' sure some on the CDI too,  years ago . NCL made it work , and made it into a Phenomenon. For that I've got to give them credit (and that hurts btw) .

This is actually the worst lineup at an AOU in recent memory. Look at the games
I am , and it looks sheer class , and SEGA best showing in the Arcades since the launch of Lindberg

And if they are using lindbergh that contradicts everything you've been saying about the arcade teams are leading the way.

How ?  its PC tech in every shape way and form . Its also vastly out powered,  by the likes of 360 and the PS3 (christ shake,  its a Mid range Pentium 4 , with a GeForce 6 card ) . Yet VS fighters developed from the ground up, for the 360 (DOA IV) or PS3 (Tekken 6) don't look as good as VF 5 imo , never mind when VF 5 Final ships  .
That's the  sheer class of AM#2 , and there's never been a better character model than Eileen in any Vs 3D Fighter imo
[youtube:356f598r]tgzZV7_zwfk[/youtube:356f598r]

Playing that make me so proud of the AM#2  , they're just a class above the rest.

We have one new light gun game, We have a sequel to a previous light gun game
Yeah and they all look class , and imo the likes of Too Spicy took Gun Games to a new level . That game is a class act

The arcade division has actually gone into decline creativily while the consumer division have actually been revitilised and coming out with some strong software

What new IP have we had from SEGA R&D Consumer Teams ? this  generation . 2 sequels to Yakuza , and 1 Spin off ,4 Sonic Games (never mind the HH versions) , and 1 new IP in Val, 2 Monkey Ball sequels  .  I'm not really seeing much new there at all .
Maybe if one includes the likes of Project Rub or some of the other IP for HH. Well the Arcade teams have also tried new stuff like with the likes of Block Pipo. Which is quite anylike any Arcade game I 've seen before .

Your attack on Yakuza is to do with your dislike of nagoshi and nothing more
Do I praise the 1st two Moneyball games ?, Do I love SpikeOut ? , do I love and rate the 1st two Yakuza games ?
I think the answer is a Big YES to all , and all games where Nagoshi-san was Producer .
My trouble with Yakuza on the next gen,  is the series is being run into the ground ,  with yearly updates and very poor tech - given the spend and size of the Teams that make the games , I expect better
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »
How ? its PC tech in every shape way and form . Its also vastly out powered, by the likes of 360 and the PS3 (christ shake, its a Mid range Pentium 4 , with a GeForce 6 card ) . Yet VS fighters developed from the ground up, for the 360 (DOA IV) or PS3 (Tekken 6) don't look as good as VF 5 imo , never mind when VF 5 Final ships .
That's the sheer class of AM#2 , and there's never been a better character model than Eileen in any Vs 3D Fighter imo

EXACTLY! AM2 did a phenomenal work with what it could be possible within the Lindbergh specs .
and the funny thing is as you said VF5 with all it's entries puts other fighting games to shame .

Do I praise the 1st two Moneyball games ?, Do I love SpikeOut ? , do I love and rate the 1st two Yakuza games ?
I think the answer is a Big YES to all , and all games where Nagoshi-san was Producer .
My trouble with Yakuza on the next gen, is the series is being run into the ground , with yearly updates and very poor tech - given the spend and size of the Teams that make the games , I expect better

i don't hate Yakuza but you are right , i started to feel the same .
games like Yakuza shouldn't be a yearly product , it's not some sports games or something ! they need at least two years to make some significant changes , engine and gameplay wise .
but right now the franchise is suffering from been old & the same thing all over again year after another .
some small changes will make me happy , but not enough happy .
time by time i may lose any interest I've had for this franchise  .
also a team like this with one of the best talents within the company should puts in a good use , 5 Years and 5 RGG Games ? Really ?
but i am hoping that they didn't waste 5 years without some new IP's in progress at least .
so i still have hopes for this year that we may see something inserting and fresh form them .

Offline ROJM_old

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »
News to me , and why didn't SEGA make a game out of it then , before  NCL? Also I'll never  ever say NCL were the 1st , they were quite a few  on the PC ,  I' sure some on the CDI too,  years ago . NCL made it work , and made it into a Phenomenon. For that I've got to give them credit (and that hurts btw) .

Yawn, none of those games was based on Kawashima concept. Sega toys version is based on the actual device he created and it was a hit. Not that you'd know anything about since your history is very patchty when it comes to Sega.  The Sega toy version was a hit, all nintendo did was build on that and release it on a popular machine which was a hit worldwide. And as for your last question? Really, You can say that on a lot of things on why didn't Sega do this or that.

This is actually the worst lineup at an AOU in recent memory. Look at the games
I am , and it looks sheer class , and SEGA best showing in the Arcades since the launch of Lindberg

No it doesn't. You are only intrested in that Let's go island game. The majority of the games at that show are kid games using underpowered boards and glorified fruit machines.

And if they are using lindbergh that contradicts everything you've been saying about the arcade teams are leading the way.

How ?  its PC tech in every shape way and form . Its also vastly out powered,  by the likes of 360 and the PS3 (christ shake,  its a Mid range Pentium 4 , with a GeForce 6 card ) . Yet VS fighters developed from the ground up, for the 360 (DOA IV) or PS3 (Tekken 6) don't look as good as VF 5 imo , never mind when VF 5 Final ships  .
That's the  sheer class of AM#2 , and there's never been a better character model than Eileen in any Vs 3D Fighter imo
If you're going to answer someone's post don't bypass the question with an answer that had nothing really to do with the question. Again, one more time games like Arabian Jewel looks so wow doesn't it. :roll:  And so does those girl dancing games and project diva. You've lost the debate mate, give it up. Pointing out three traditional arcade Sega games does not vindicate the dozen or so games that are using underpowered boards like the quiz titles and kiddie stuff and the others which are hardly pushing the lindbergh at all because they're simple revisions. Sorry but no arcade gamer thinks this is Sega's best line up.

The arcade division has actually gone into decline creativily while the consumer division have actually been revitilised and coming out with some strong software

What new IP have we had from SEGA R&D Consumer Teams ? this  generation . 2 sequels to Yakuza , and 1 Spin off ,4 Sonic Games (never mind the HH versions) , and 1 new IP in Val, 2 Monkey Ball sequels  .  I'm not really seeing much new there at all .
Maybe if one includes the likes of Project Rub or some of the other IP for HH. Well the Arcade teams have also tried new stuff like with the likes of Block Pipo. Which is quite anylike any Arcade game I 've seen before .
Yet the consumer division has come up with new game engines.
what new engine has the arcades actually created this gen? NONE! And wait what new IP have the arcades come up with huh? At least the games be they sequels are something new and not a rehash of the same game released a year ago which the arcade division are the most guilty of.

My trouble with Yakuza on the next gen,  is the series is being run into the ground ,  with yearly updates and very poor tech - given the spend and size of the Teams that make the games , I expect better

Yearly updates? Don't make me laugh, this is the only new sequel that's appeared this gen after 3, RGGKENZEN was a spin off. And don't bother covering your dislike for nagoshi since you've made it clear on more than one occassion. If anybody been running anything to the ground was sonic team and Naka during his tenure and you didn't hardly criticise them on that. now all of a sudden you're trying to make out that Yakuza is being run into the ground?