Author Topic: Resident Evil General: Resident Evil 6 Announced!  (Read 4568 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Resident Evil General: Resident Evil 6 Announced!
« on: January 20, 2012, 02:23:32 am »
With all the Resident Evil coming up in 2012, I figure I'll just make one thread for all the games.

First and foremost, RE6 has been announced with a trailer and...Hooooly shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8

Colour me excited!

Secondary to that is Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, which I'm curiously excited for. I feel like it's going to be a cool spin-off based on the Resident Evil world. I think playing as Umbrella operatives is a great idea and running around wasting monsters and getting chased by Nemesis should be awesome fun. The multiplayer and all that jazz should be fun too. Check out a neato CGI trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-qKACbnkg

And a multi-player trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcOabt9PQTc&feature=relmfu
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:31:00 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Resident Evil General: Resident Evil 6 Announced!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:26 am »
I did not care too much for Resident Evil 5, did not enjoy it much even though I was looking forward to it (Before they started to show off stuff that is!) and whilst Resident Evil 6 looks good (Chris yay! Throw in Claire too plz kthxbai) from this intial trailer, I am not too sure if I trust Capcom to give a good product overall.

Also, just going to wait for the Super Resident Evil 6 version 3 months after the original's release /trollface.jpg

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:48:43 am »
^I wasn't a huge fan of RE5, but I still found it fun. I guess I'm the opposite, since I had no interest in it whatsoever then just kind of bought it because 'why not?' and quite liked it. This one looks like it has a lot of potential, the trailer just won me over in general but Leon's sections looked to be really eerie and dark and ZOMBIES ARE BACK, none of this Spanish Gonads bullshit.

Also, if the Super RE6 has a brand new single and multi-player mode, 12 new characters and new weapons for less than the cost it would be for DLC, i'll buy it too!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:23:41 am »
^I wasn't a huge fan of RE5, but I still found it fun. I guess I'm the opposite, since I had no interest in it whatsoever then just kind of bought it because 'why not?' and quite liked it. This one looks like it has a lot of potential, the trailer just won me over in general but Leon's sections looked to be really eerie and dark and ZOMBIES ARE BACK, none of this Spanish Gonads bullshit.

Also, if the Super RE6 has a brand new single and multi-player mode, 12 new characters and new weapons for less than the cost it would be for DLC, i'll buy it too!

Hench Resident Capcom Fanwhoreboy *Rolls eyes* F

Ahem, I did like the trailer too I must admit, but Capcom has had no trouble with winning me over with their trailers, it's the actual game that has left me feeling indifferent.

Also pretty sad that we have three Resident Evil games coming out this year and none of them are survival horror/what Resident Evil use to be, brb going to cry in corner.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:06 am »
I really enjoyed RE5. Not as much as RE4, but enough to play through it a few times.

The trailer for RE 6 looks fantastic :D.
I saw some Vanquish-style sliding to cover that looks pretty cool.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »
With all this news in here, I may as well bring up that the demo for Revelations is finally on the 3DS eShop.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »
Hench Resident Capcom Fanwhoreboy *Rolls eyes* F

Ahem, I did like the trailer too I must admit, but Capcom has had no trouble with winning me over with their trailers, it's the actual game that has left me feeling indifferent.

Also pretty sad that we have three Resident Evil games coming out this year and none of them are survival horror/what Resident Evil use to be, brb going to cry in corner.

I thought Revelations was supposed to be old-skool Survival Horror? Also we haven't seen everything from RE4, maybe there will be sections of low ammo, claustrophobic scary scary bits? Having said that they did mention they want the Cowadoody crowd and that action was the way to go so it's unlikely.

Anyone else really looking forward to Operation Raccoon City though?

Offline SOUP

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 12:04:27 pm »
Operation Raccoon City's flying a bit under my Radar.
I'll probably see what the reviews are like when it comes out, or check out the demo if they release one. RE6 has pretty much all my survival horror/action interest right now.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 08:01:43 am »

Looks wrong.

I've never been a RE fan, but lol
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:46 am »
I have to say, I thought this was a joke for a while, because... well... Capcom's development cycle towards their major franchise was something that wasn't so short. I mean RE 5 came out in 2009, but that after that there were like 2 extra years and 2 or 3 E3 showings right out of the game. Resident Evil 4 had two for three prototypes which were strached until they finally started to get things going. And now they already have a 6th game that's coming out roughly this year, which only leaves them with this year's E3 as the major show-and-tell.

So that's why I feel like something's off. And the trailer had me thinking: where does the plot go from here?
I say this, because... [spoiler]Albert Wesker was killed off in the last game, thus all the loose ends from the entire Racoon City - T-Virus - G-Virus - Uroboros - Umbrella - Tricell - Spencer conspiracy,etc have been covered so what exactly is there to mine?[/spoiler]

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 04:59:29 pm »
So that's why I feel like something's off. And the trailer had me thinking: where does the plot go from here?
I say this, because... [spoiler]Albert Wesker was killed off in the last game, thus all the loose ends from the entire Racoon City - T-Virus - G-Virus - Uroboros - Umbrella - Tricell - Spencer conspiracy,etc have been covered so what exactly is there to mine?[/spoiler]
Well.... (spoilers in white becuz I dunno how to blackout)

Albert Wesker should be well and truly dead after eating rockets in a live volcano, but apparantly he wasn't the only "Wesker Child" from the project. There were supposedly around 13 but all were consumed by the virus except for Albert and *dun dun dun* Alex Wesker! Alex Wesker was  potentially more powerful and more intelligent than Albert, but stayed loyal to Umbrella/Oswell Spencer. Some people are theorising that the mercenary guy in the trailer is Alex, others say that HUNK is Alex (we haven't seen HUNK make an appearance yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him crop up in the game).