Author Topic: 360 Game Room  (Read 17362 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: 360 Game Room
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 04:06:00 pm »
I will try it out tomorrow, I guess. I just am not very interested. I can play all of these games for free on browsers already.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
I'd say any arcadey Dreamcast games may appear in the future, but don't count on things like Shenmue or JSR... unless they prove us wrong!

Teen and up games will never be on Game Room because they wanted to keep it as a family thing (and so they do not need to change the E-E10 logo in the intro), so I would not expect much of anything very interesting to appear, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I would not expect much of anything very interesting to appear, sadly.
You can already play Crystal Castles, a game where you run around mazes as a teddy bear! ^___^ YAY!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 04:50:50 pm »
I will try it out tomorrow, I guess. I just am not very interested. I can play all of these games for free on browsers already.

I'd say any arcadey Dreamcast games may appear in the future, but don't count on things like Shenmue or JSR... unless they prove us wrong!

Teen and up games will never be on Game Room because they wanted to keep it as a family thing (and so they do not need to change the E-E10 logo in the intro), so I would not expect much of anything very interesting to appear, sadly.

You think games need blood and guts to be cool? ZOMG wats rong? NOT ENUF SPACE MARINES 4 U?

Seriously though, I'm sure theres a lot of great games that fall under the E-E10 logo. Think about the wealth of racing and sports games for example.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 05:48:51 pm »
I hate to say this, but... I'm really disappointed with game room. When I saw the avatars walking around the rooms in the trailers, I thought that meant they'd give you the ability to walk around your game rooms and the entire mall-like area.

Nope! Game Room is nothing more than a glorified menu system. What a disappointment. =/

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »
Can you get any achievement without actually buying the roms... the games?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:32 pm »
Sounds like a waste, just like Home.

Can you troll people like Home? At least?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »
It's actually quite slick, and the games are well emulated. Honestly, I think a lot of people here are just complaining to complain. I played a good hour of Game Room tonight, Centipede and Tempest took up most of my time.

The fact that you DON'T walk about third person-style makes it very un-Playstation Home like. No bugging other players as they walk about and no spamming the arcade with a dance party. It's essentially a really snazzy polished menu with flourishes of props, decor and mascots. it looks great and gets you to the games rather quickly, which is really all that matters.

Oh, and free gamer score points and a free demo play credit of every game makes it worth checking out even if you hate the idea of having fun.  :afroman:

Offline George

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:24 pm »
If you can't have a dance party, what is the point. Seriously. Only reason I live is to go to the bank and randomly dance.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:54 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

You think games need blood and guts to be cool? ZOMG wats rong? NOT ENUF SPACE MARINES 4 U?

Seriously though, I'm sure theres a lot of great games that fall under the E-E10 logo. Think about the wealth of racing and sports games for example.

Well of course there are, especially considering most games back then were not really full of gore, just massive muscled men beating each other up with car doors and stuff while they try to save their girlfriend who's skirt is about as large as a belt... Good times.

But I just think it seems like a waste to me. The fact that I am most interested in decorating my room instead of actually playing the games really bugs me a lot.

Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
I hate to say this, but... I'm really disappointed with game room. When I saw the avatars walking around the rooms in the trailers, I thought that meant they'd give you the ability to walk around your game rooms and the entire mall-like area.

Nope! Game Room is nothing more than a glorified menu system. What a disappointment. =/

They said they will constantly update Game Room with new features, and what you want is exactly what most people have asked for (kind of strange, but okay). When it does come it will be optional, you will still be able to just access it all through menus still if you want.

Quote from: "George"
If you can't have a dance party, what is the point. Seriously. Only reason I live is to go to the bank and randomly dance.

TRU DAT! After we breathe down all of the girls faces and dance to a bubble machine going full pelt, HITME^@WARHAWK

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »
They said they will constantly update Game Room with new features, and what you want is exactly what most people have asked for (kind of strange, but okay). When it does come it will be optional, you will still be able to just access it all through menus still if you want.
It's not strange at all. I enjoyed the thought of being immersed in a virtual arcade that I could walk around in.

I also thought that friends could join you in your room, but I misread. What they really meant is that you see your friends avatars pretending to play your arcades. That, too, was disappointing to find out the hard way. :P

Offline George

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 05:07:51 am »
TRU DAT! After we breathe down all of the girls faces and dance to a bubble machine going full pelt, HITME^@WARHAWK
DAM BRO! WARHAWK RAWKED THE KID WAS LIKE ALLC RYING N STUFF WHNE YOU TOLD HIM THAT HE HAD TROPHIES FOR HANANA MONTANA. Fucking IDIOT!

Bro, meet me up in the new Assassin's Creed space, some home vag gonna be showing up, we got to nibble on the virtual bits.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:37 am »
SEGA Nerd bits

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 08:06:20 am »
I'm really really hoping for SG-1000 and Master System games to hit the Game Room. I'd love to see the 3D representations of the consoles.

Offline George

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:58 am »
I'm really really hoping for SG-1000 and Master System games to hit the Game Room. I'd love to see the 3D representations of the consoles.
Gotta twitter hash tag this:

#SEGAgamersthatsoldout

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 09:28:20 am »
Wait, so I sold out for enjoying it? Or sold out for wanting old Sega games to be represented?