Author Topic: Be excited because there's new pokemon stuff. Yeah(New trailer)  (Read 8637 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMnwB6neGlY

I'm sure ya'll excited right!? Well I am. I wonder if its just my nostalgia strings though cuz I think it looks pretty impressive. Discuss
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:13:25 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Be excited because there's new pokemon stuff. Yeah(New trailer)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »
If I was 12 then I'd be excited. I been playing Sleeping Dogs recently, seeing this after playing that just makes me yawn.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:38 pm »
Ha. This is better than sleepingdogs and you know it >:D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:06:49 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »
If fucking sick of big budget games. They all suck the same. At least Nintendo's portable games are always entertaining.
SEG4GES

Offline cooprey

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »
so is this on the 3ds or wiiu??? I've always said you put pokemon on the wii in 3d ala a free roaming rpg like  gta and it's a licence  to print money.....I'd buy any console to play that!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:09:55 pm »
^Lol that couldnt be a wii u game
If fucking sick of big budget games. They all suck the same. At least Nintendo's portable games are always entertaining.
Well i'm not sure if you're really serious (since our last convo in the previous pokemon thread) or really happy :P. I But all jokes aside for me, pokemon is really one of the few games that I can just pick up and play at any time. I have a huge backlog right now, and tbh I dont wanna play bioshock, or any other huge game at any time. I have to be in the right mood. But pokemon it just really has that nice pace to me. So yeah sleeping dogs you lose (i'm sorry will XD)

Having said that this does look like the hugest leap i've seen in the series. I mean while the core still stands(which is something I apreciate), I think they made the right jump this time? Goat riding, nuff said
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:24:41 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »
Yes, I have been pretty critical of Pokemon in the recent past. But this does look like an honest hard working entry they are working on. Tho the creativity for new pokemons is at an all time low (X and Y shaped pokemons? u srs)
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:42 am »
I'm sure ya'll excited right!? Well I am. I wonder if its just my nostalgia strings though cuz I think it looks pretty impressive. Discuss

You consider that impressive... ?

I think it's time you play a few more games bro!

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:41 am »
Fire Emblem is pretty much Pokemon for Adults I've noticed.

Only the characters die if they lose their HP and instead of capturing them, you talk to them to join your cause.

GOTTA SUPPORT 'EM ALL!

To be honest....I was burned out on Pokemon wasy back in 2007 (Diamond/Pearl just didn't feel right). Bought Black to see if anything changed....nope....in fact the Elite Four was basically mashing their strongest moves (which is usually what the player does), so it was the harder of the 5 Generations even with a strategy.

I skipped the sequel because it was more of the same (but you can capture Riolu and Eevee...which is a bonus).

Pokemon's kind of just stayed the same regardless of the meta changes.

This looks like they have improved some things, but not the one thing why I play the older games again and again, the story. I am not one for competitive matches or post game EV Training.

I just want to create a good, leveled team and play the story and I am happy.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 11:07:52 am »

Yeah... I don't see anything impressive about this game. The 3D world looks bland and uninspiring, and pretty bare bones, reminds me of the hub world in Sonic 06. Nintendo fans love to bash that hub world, but this Pokemon 3D world seems to be just as bland as that hub world, yet they praise it for being amazing and innovative.

but I guess you can consider me biased, I got bored of pokemon a long time ago, it just has absolutely no interest to me.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »

Yeah. I really like what I see. Looks like there's been put enough work into it to see it as a worthy installment. Open your heart and feel the love Aki. Pokemon > yakuza :troll

@Will

Hey that's from the initial version actually. The game looks a little bit better now. I dunno I think the style looks fine but it did look very dead in the previous trailers compared. also less stiff animations

Offline Trippled

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »
Tho the creativity for new pokemons is at an all time low (X and Y shaped pokemons? u srs)

Which is why I won't care about this one...again

Gen 3 was the last time were most of them felt properly...conceived, and not just hap-hazardly  thrown together, just to have a new 100 again.

Pokemon's unique point were that the Monsters were more thought out and uniquely designed then your random RPG with monsters. Now that aspect is gone...it might as well be one 100 rip-offs of Pokemon that  were going back then...such as Jade Racoon.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 03:37:57 am »
Yeah. I really like what I see. Looks like there's been put enough work into it to see it as a worthy installment. Open your heart and feel the love Aki. Pokemon > yakuza :troll

No thanks, I already played the 2D version of this one on my Gameboy in the 90s.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »
such as Jade Racoon.

Whoa there, let's not say something we could regret later!

Jade Cocoon (at least in Europe due to no Pokemon at that time) was really underappreciated! I loved the demo, so if they release that on the PSN Store I will gladly buy it and see how it compares!

It was likely a Pokemon clone, but from what I remember, it was pretty unique at the time too (and more complex than Pokemon too).
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.