Author Topic: SEGA at E3 2013  (Read 68523 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: SEGA at E3 2013
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2013, 10:40:01 am »
no you've brought up mostly two E3s

No I've brought up quite a few and sorry even E3 2004 with games like SpikeOut, Sonic Heroes , Outrun 2 , OTOGI 2 , ESPN 2005 , Blood Will Tell, Astro Boy , Altered Beast is far better than what SEGA showed off this year - at least in that line up there was a couple of games to look forward and SEGA Japan were working on games . This year other than Sonic it's been a complete non event for SEGA.

No they weren't,

I think you find they were .

You've brought up the argument of the older systems outselling the WiiU

NTSG . You brought up older systems . I simply pointed out that both the Wii and the Wii U are selling like crap and have all but been drooped by the major parties (bar Ubi) How it  will be the 360 and PS3 (at their super low price point) that mums and dads will be buying their kids for this Christmas, while the real gamers heads go for the PS4 and XBox 1.  SEGA is nowhere on any of  those systems or their follow ups this year  . Sonic should be on the 360 and PS3 as well .

There's a reason why Nintendo made massive losses you know, there a reason why 3rd parties aren't backing the Wii U - Go and figure .

Yet under them we had YAKUZA VALYRIA CHRONICLES and even BINARY DOMAIN as well as BORDERBREAK

Says it all . Yakuza is that a series that's all but dead in the West ? Valyria a series that now reduced to a pissing web game ? Binary Domain an IP that is all but dead and you're getting really desperate to bring up a Arcade game;more so one that never been officially released in the Western Arcade never mind ported to the home .

If SEGA had balls and was the old SEGA  then SEGA would have given the BD team another crack at the IP and this time brought it out early into the PS4/XBOX 1 cycle . It would have given the Val team a change to build on that amazing engine they produced, rather than reduce it to a handheld game and now a web game - It also would have had the team to make a sequel to SOA using the Canvas engine long ago .

Nope all we get now from SEGA is a bunch of cheap games, easy safe options and the odd Mega hit here and there . SEGA Japan is so far behind the likes of Capcom its not even funny any more. And the fact that all you can do is talk about past titles all but proves my point ...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:43:17 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:06 am »
In fairness, Binary Domain has only been out a year, so that might still take a shot at it. Wishful thinking though. I know it won't be, which is a pity.

Was Sonic Heroes at E3 04?

You left out turds like Amazing Island, the Astro Boy I'm sure you weren't referencing and Virtua Quest. Blood Will Tell and Altered Beast were mediocre at best. Neither Otagi nor the good Astro Boy were in house. That leaves you with SpikeOut, OutRun and the soon to be sold 2k lineup. I suppose at least Sega Japan was trying, which is more than I saw this year.

Edit: I don't remember SpikeOut on the XBox being particularly good, either.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:09:06 am by jonboy101 »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:39 am »
No I've brought up quite a few and sorry even E3 2004 with games like SpikeOut, Sonic Heroes , Outrun 2 , OTOGI 2 , ESPN 2005 , Blood Will Tell, Astro Boy , Altered Beast is far better than what SEGA showed off this year - at least in that line up there was a couple of games to look forward and SEGA Japan were working on games . This year other than Sonic it's been a complete non event for SEGA.
Stop talking rubbish. You only brought up two. 2003-2005 most of those games were not revealed exclusivity to E3.And those e3s were crap and hardly memorable.

I think you find they were .

No they weren't.

NTSG . You brought up older systems . I simply pointed out that both the Wii and the Wii U are selling like crap and have all but been drooped by the major parties (bar Ubi) How it  will be the 360 and PS3 (at their super low price point) that mums and dads will be buying their kids for this Christmas, while the real gamers heads go for the PS4 and XBox 1.  SEGA is nowhere on any of  those systems or their follow ups this year  . Sonic should be on the 360 and PS3 as well .

Actually you brought it up, not once but nearly six times. and your still bringing up again. Obviously you can't read your own posts.

There's a reason why Nintendo made massive losses you know, there a reason why 3rd parties aren't backing the Wii U - Go and figure .
Just like they did with the Wii. ::)

Says it all . Yakuza is that a series that's all but dead in the West ? Valyria a series that now reduced to a pissing web game ? Binary Domain an IP that is all but dead and you're getting really desperate to bring up a Arcade game;more so one that never been officially released in the Western Arcade never mind ported to the home .

Your getting desperate. You just said Sega isn't sega anymore because they dont make great games. I've given you examples of the good sega games that was released under the sammy regime, i'll even bring you more. Whether or not they were successful or not doesn't mean they weren't good games. As you have stated numourous times.

If SEGA had balls and was the old SEGA  then SEGA would have given the BD team another crack at the IP and this time brought it out early into the PS4/XBOX 1 cycle . It would have given the Val team a change to build on that amazing engine they produced, rather than reduce it to a handheld game and now a web game - It also would have had the team to make a sequel to SOA using the Canvas engine long ago .

Sega had CSK to back them at the time so of course they could go all crazy. But now they don't have that type of backing anymore so they can't go all out crazy. Its easy to say sammy sux because of this and that but that's the reality they dont have the resources to do that anymore.

Nope all we get now from SEGA is a bunch of cheap games, easy safe options and the odd Mega hit here and there . SEGA Japan is so far behind the likes of Capcom its not even funny any more. And the fact that all you can do is talk about past titles all but proves my point

BORDERBREAK is a current title with its updates so is BINARY DOMAIN. None of the 8th gen titles have come out yet. So no it doesn't prove your point at all but reveals that you are too infatuated by Capcom and the like that you want Sega to imitate them. Well just because sega didn't show their new games at E3 doesn't mean they dont have any new games to show. So grow up for gods sake. You are such a generalist. "Oh the wii u is going to fail in the next seven years," or " Sega is behind because they are not copying capcom", "Sega is behind because they have nothing to show for next gen or current gen". When sega themselves have revealed they got a couple a titles lined up for PS3 and 360 and Nagoshi confirming months ago that he is working on the PS4. Just because they didn't show anything at an event they haven't bothered with for 11 years now means all of a sudden in your topsy turvey mind that they are behind. This is why i dont take you seriously that much anymore because you've become too over reactionary over the tiniest thing.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:07:34 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:03 am »
In fairness, Binary Domain has only been out a year, so that might still take a shot at it. Wishful thinking though. I know it won't be, which is a pity.

Was Sonic Heroes at E3 04?

You left out turds like Amazing Island, the Astro Boy I'm sure you weren't referencing and Virtua Quest. Blood Will Tell and Altered Beast were mediocre at best. Neither Otagi nor the good Astro Boy were in house. That leaves you with SpikeOut, OutRun and the soon to be sold 2k lineup. I suppose at least Sega Japan was trying, which is more than I saw this year.
And then they stopped trying and soon after they left it to sega west to show their games and then that failed they didnt bother. 2003 onwards has been lackluster E3s even 2005. And that was the show 2005 where Nagoshi was meant to reveal YAKUZA but didn't because he had an argument over the marketing. If sega showing shite games, or the following year where a stupid promo videos of games released for the arcades and a sonic game that turned into a turd is meant to be a great E3 for sega then be my guest. To me i expect better examples. and there have been but not at E3 for sega for a very long time. So TA acting like this when all the examples he's given of great E3 was over a decade ago proves my point that its just a personal vendetta rather than a genuine concern because of the fact Sega hasn't done anything good at E3 for years. So the reaction is ridiculous. He's acting that sega has had a great track record at E3 for years and they've just turned crap this year. Gimme a break. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:17:32 am by ROJM »

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2013, 11:26:56 am »
Tend to agree with you on that, Joe. E3 hasn't been a solid for Sega since 03. On the flip side, it doesn't mean that things should stay as they are.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:27 am »
I'm not saying that either but i dunno why some people are acting disgusted and surprised over this either. I'd like Sega to storm an E3 or two but i'm not going to hold my breath over it. We all know by now that Sega beats to whatever drum it hears and it usually leaves us disappointed and sometimes excited and a few rare cases satisfied. But disappointment is usually what they seem to do to their fans the best. One of those things we have to get use to whatever form it may show up in.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2013, 02:16:16 pm »

Well there's always going to be crap at untill you get to play the game you don't really know . The point was there was at least some games to look forward too and the AstroBoy (PS2)  was In-House at the last project to be done by the UGA team before the merger with Sonic Team.

I don't remember SpikeOut on the XBox being particularly good

It was a bloody great laugh on LIVE in 4 player and a near spot on conversion of the game. The biggest let down was the adverage  graphics and all the planned DLC and on-line extra's cut  before the game made it out .

2003-2005 most of those games were not revealed exclusivity to E3.

Since when are we talking exclisve to E3 ?. I'm just saying SEGA E3 this was rubbish.

And those e3s were crap and hardly memorable.

There was good stuff to look forward too and far better than the shit SEGA offered this year .

Just like they did with the Wii

Nintendo made 1st lose ever last year and it was massive , it also all but made a lost this year . You see no-one is buying enough games on its Home consoles.

I've given you examples of the good sega games that was released under the sammy regime

Again you don't take the time to read what people say at all. I never said SEGA don't make great games, I said they don't take the risks they once used to bar the odd amazing titles here and there , there's too much boring and safe bets .

BORDERBREAK is a current title with its updates so is BINARY DOMAIN

BB is a Arcade game that is yet to come to Western Arcades , never mind get a Home port to consoles - To list that game is the height of desperation . BD a great game, but It's a IP that doomed never to see a sequel really .

Its easy to say sammy sux because of this and that but that's the reality they dont have the resources to do that anymore

Is this from the one that keeps on saying SEGA is bigger than Capcom or Konami ?. If Capcom can make next gen games and engines so should SEGA. Capcom already have new IP and a brand new Enegine read to go on the next gen platforms while SEGA doesn't .

Nagoshi confirming months ago that he is working on the PS4.

And he keeps saying SEGA is still SEGA and still takes risks - Yeah utter bullshit with SEGA's current line up and wow SEGA is making a New Yakuza game .

Your defense of SEGA and its showing is piss poor and its like saying because one's never worked - one shouldn't try and get a job, because one comes from a deprived background -one shouldn't try and better oneself .  Sorry SEGA really needs to do better and stop letting down its fans and its once a great rep with-in the Industry.

I'm sick of the new game teases leading to utter disappointment , This site having cover stories of Yu Suzuzki , Crismon Dragon , Bayonetta II and the likes . Stuff that got nothing really do with SEGA anymore , but us SEGA fans are so desperate we're link them anyway. Just look at this forum hardly any talk of new SEGA games to look forward too  and instead all talking about the past . Its poor really

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »
I acknowledged one Astro Boy was in house, but it was complete rubbish, and an embarrassment to UGA/Sonic Team. I frankly assumed you were talking about the Treasure Game, because the other one was best left forgotten.

SpikeOut was a fun laugh, but in the same vein as Zombie Revenge. It was hardly Streets of Rage or even Die Hard Arcade. It could have stood a bit more polish, to be sure. As for being a spot on conversion; are you referencing the arcade game?! That came out in 97 or 98, didnt it? If that is what you mean, the game should have been an early Dreamcast game, not one to come out at the end of the XBOX's life. It certainly looked like an early DC effort.

Yes, there will always be crap. My point was that out of your whole list, all the games were either shit or mediocre (Blood Will Tell) or not developed in house. The only exception is OutRun and the 2k games. And 2k wasn't exactly Japanese. 

So really, you have one solid Japanese game and a bunch of western sports games by a western studio Sega bought. Sounds about the same as this year, except they didnt bother bringing the shit over here (which I prefer)and the sports games have been substituted by RTS games. Also, just like today, they kept the good looking Japanese games in Japan. You could swap VC for the Sakura World games (or at least those they got out the door).

Offline ROJM

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2013, 06:10:07 am »
Well there's always going to be crap at untill you get to play the game you don't really know . The point was there was at least some games to look forward too and the AstroBoy (PS2)  was In-House at the last project to be done by the UGA team before the merger with Sonic Team.

Are you serious? No one was looking forward to playing ASTRO BOY PS2 and that e3 was crap Not just a few but crap where sega was concerned. Of course this still doesn't even explain that using two E3's over a decade ago suddenly means Sega lost its way for this year's E3 when for a whole decade they haven't bothered. Do you think ALTERED BEAST PS2 and NIGHTSHADE was the best that they could do? And SPIKEOUT was a game no one noticed on the floor let alone buying the game which they ended up doing it as a gamestop exclusive.  Next thing you'll be telling us that everyone was looking forward with delerious glee to the release of GOLDEN COMPASS. ::)

It was a bloody great laugh on LIVE in 4 player and a near spot on conversion of the game. The biggest let down was the adverage  graphics and all the planned DLC and on-line extra's cut  before the game made it out .
IRON PHOENIX was also quite a laugh....for different reasons.

Since when are we talking exclisve to E3 ?. I'm just saying SEGA E3 this was rubbish.

Weve been talking about sega hasn't bothered with E3, you gave examples of games being supposedly unveiled exclusivly to E3 first. Keep up.

There was good stuff to look forward too and far better than the shit SEGA offered this year .
No there weren't.

Nintendo made 1st lose ever last year and it was massive , it also all but made a lost this year . You see no-one is buying enough games on its Home consoles.

By the time the next systems will be out i will comment how WiiU is going to fail. Until then its too soon to say.

Again you don't take the time to read what people say at all. I never said SEGA don't make great games, I said they don't take the risks they once used to bar the odd amazing titles here and there , there's too much boring and safe bets .
Neither do you. Sega could afford to take those risks because they had CSK backing them. Now they dont. They have a backer which was created from their own assets. Of course they aren't going to go wild with making certain type of games. But the maangement i agree are a bit stuffy and stiff. They need a maverick like Kalinske or someone with sense like Hayes to run the Sega japan corp.

BB is a Arcade game that is yet to come to Western Arcades , never mind get a Home port to consoles - To list that game is the height of desperation . BD a great game, but It's a IP that doomed never to see a sequel really .

So because of that it doesn't count? BB has been Sega's successful arcade IP in recent years, enough for it to see spin offs in the digital dept. And BD yes may never get a sequel.

Is this from the one that keeps on saying SEGA is bigger than Capcom or Konami ?
They are. Because if you bothered to read my posts, Sega makes more games than both Konami and capcom combined and their assets are bigger. Whether they are more succesful is a different story.butt hat's due to sega having more fingers in the pie.

. If Capcom can make next gen games and engines so should SEGA. Capcom already have new IP and a brand new Enegine read to go on the next gen platforms while SEGA doesn't .

Because as i said before Capcom and Konami only focus on a select few titles. Sega for whatever reason focuses on a huge number of titles from their digital dept to console to arcade.

And he keeps saying SEGA is still SEGA and still takes risks - Yeah utter bullshit with SEGA's current line up and wow SEGA is making a New Yakuza game .

You just said they're not making anything for the PS4 now you acknoledge they making a YAKUZA game for PS4? Why the contempt for another YAKUZA. Well mr who thinks Konami and capcom shit gold, wow guess what? Another MGS. Wow another Dead Rising. Another bloody street fighter and other games done to death. Yet you seem more excited about those titles than that. Call yourself a sega fan good god...

Your defense of SEGA and its showing is piss poor and its like saying because one's never worked - one shouldn't try and get a job, because one comes from a deprived background -one shouldn't try and better oneself .  Sorry SEGA really needs to do better and stop letting down its fans and its once a great rep with-in the Industry.
Dont be bloody stupid. Sega has already done that. What happened? Oh yes VALKYRIA didn't do as well...
So dont start knocking them because they dont seem to be copying everyone else..

I'm sick of the new game teases leading to utter disappointment , This site having cover stories of Yu Suzuzki , Crismon Dragon , Bayonetta II and the likes . Stuff that got nothing really do with SEGA anymore , but us SEGA fans are so desperate we're link them anyway. Just look at this forum hardly any talk of new SEGA games to look forward too  and instead all talking about the past . Its poor really

BAYONETTA is owned by Sega for gods sake, sega is still involved with the sequel whether you like it or not.  The crimson thing i agre with which is why i suggested they should call it After Sega rather than just report it as main sega news.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:16:55 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2013, 07:03:31 am »
I acknowledged one Astro Boy was in house, but it was complete rubbish, and an embarrassment to UGA/Sonic Team. I frankly assumed you were talking about the Treasure Game, because the other one was best left forgotten.

I don't , it wasn't rubbish at all - it was fun and true to the comic book . It was just too short and unfinished at shows all the signs of a mixed development - very much like Sonic 06 (which also have 2 teams working on it at different stages)

As for being a spot on conversion; are you referencing the arcade game?! That came out in 97 or 98, didnt it? If that is what you mean, the game should have been an early Dreamcast game, not one to come out at the end of the XBOX's life. It certainly looked like an early DC effort.

DC simple didn't have enough Ram to hold the games vast stages in memory all in one go- I think it was also confirmed by AV team for the lack of a port . X-Box version was near spot on port with some of the best 5.1 and Widescreen support seen in a XBox game with an fantasic and fun 4 player LIVE mode; I played with some of the Japanese Spikeout dieheards one LIVE and the way they played the game was a master class and a real eye opener in how to play the game . Brilliant times and where the game was only really let down with weak textures and some iffy simple models now and again .

all the games were either shit or mediocre (Blood Will Tell) or not developed in house. The only exception is OutRun and the 2k games. And 2k wasn't exactly Japanese

You're missing the point . When Team show off games untill we get to play them- no-one knows if they play like crap or not. The point was SEGA was showing off stuff and working on games and we had some stuff to look forward too , we're not even getting that now ....

So really, you have one solid Japanese game and a bunch of western sports games by a western studio Sega bought. Sounds about the same as this year, except they didnt bother bringing the shit over here (which I prefer)and the sports games have been substituted by RTS games.

No SEGA Sports games came out on consoles that's a big difference and unless you've got a super rig PC there the new CA games won't be much good to you. I never was a SEGA fan for PC games but their console and Arcade games and well any Arcade fan or console in the west in getting piss poor support from SEGA at the with next to nothing to look forward too.

No one was looking forward to playing ASTRO BOY PS2

I was given it was Tetsuya Mizuguchi and a UGA game (before the split)

Do you think ALTERED BEAST PS2 and NIGHTSHADE was the best that they could do

Totally different at the end of the day . Those games were being made when SEGA was going through a drastic merging of its teams in order to survive for starters . But at least it was 2 games from 2 seprate In-House Teams.

you gave examples of games being supposedly unveiled exclusivly to E3 first

No I'm giving examples of games SEGA showed off at E3 and the simple fact of the matter that E3 was the 1st time people saw JSRF, ORTA and GV in motion on the X-Box; which given it was on the X-Box platform was also going to happen with MS calling the shots.

By the time the next systems will be out i will comment how WiiU is going to fai

The Wii U is another GameCube . It will be vastly outsold by the XBox One and PS4 and this year I'll have a bet that the 360 and PS3 will sell better at Christmas - Sonic really should have been on those systems too.

Sega could afford to take those risks because they had CSK backing them. Now they dont

This from the one that makes out Sammy is massive , SEGA is bigger than Capcom or Konami ? . If Capcom can fund and make their own In-House Multi platform engine, if Capcom can fund massive AAA games on the consoles and also risk new IP then SEGA Japan really should too.

BB has been Sega's successful arcade IP in recent years

That goes without saying . Since the mid 80's SEGA have been a force in the Arcades even in the poor times of 2004 and so on (when the console team were average ) SEGA Arcade teams were still at the top of their game ; Very much like NCL Hand held teams are always brilliant no matter what.

Sega makes more games than both Konami and capcom combined and their assets are bigger

And yet SEGA can't fund new IP or take risks . Just one multi platform game from Capcom selling better than any SEGA IP you can to mention other than Sonic and Mario . Capcom have more multi million selling IP, Already have a new IP and a new next Gen and SEGA Japan ..... That's right they're nowhere to be seen yet again.

Because as i said before Capcom and Konami only focus on a select few titles

And other than SONIC and Yakuza what do the In-House Teams focus on consoles ?:That's SEGA trouble and why most people don't care about SEGA anymore . SEGA Japan needs to up its game and become relevant to console gamers once again - That means Multi platform support and making some big AAA games with an eye to the west and On-line gaming .

You just said they're not making anything for the PS4 now you acknoledge they making a YAKUZA game for PS4

Not its a given and like saying Capcom is making RE6 or EA making a new FIFA. We all know its going to happen

Another MGS. Wow another Dead Rising. Another bloody street fighter and other games done to death.

And guess what all those tiles sold better than any SEGA IP (other than Mario & Sonic ) this generation and its ok for SEGA to milk Yakuza , but not Capcom and Dead Rising ? (which at least was a new IP for this generation too)

Oh yes VALKYRIA didn't do as well

One game ? and a game that was reduced to Handhelds for its sequels ? and worst still the amazing Canvas engine only ever used in 1 home console game . 

BAYONETTA is owned by Sega for gods sake

Get a grip its nothing to do with SEGA at all and its pathetic that SEGA fans still bring this title up again and again. Its a Platiumin game and their baby  at the end of the day and you watch the title fall flat on its ass on the Wii U too

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2013, 01:13:20 pm »
I don't , it wasn't rubbish at all - it was fun and true to the comic book . It was just too short and unfinished at shows all the signs of a mixed development - very much like Sonic 06 (which also have 2 teams working on it at different stages)

The game was shit, TA. Treasure's version was vastly superior. But no one was crying out for either game.

You're missing the point . When Team show off games until we get to play them- no-one knows if they play like crap or not. The point was SEGA was showing off stuff and working on games and we had some stuff to look forward too , we're not even getting that now ....

Your missing the point, anticipation is not what makes an E3, its whether the games were any good makes the event a success. None of those games were any good making it another wasted E3 event for Sega.

I was given it was Tetsuya Mizuguchi and a UGA game (before the split)

Strange considering he left way before then.
Totally different at the end of the day . Those games were being made when SEGA was going through a drastic merging of its teams in order to survive for starters . But at least it was 2 games from 2 seprate In-House Teams.

Which both subcontracted to other studios like RED who then subcontracted to china which was also what happened with ALTERED BEAST but that had development teams from the United states as well.

No I'm giving examples of games SEGA showed off at E3 and the simple fact of the matter that E3 was the 1st time people saw JSRF, ORTA and GV in motion on the X-Box; which given it was on the X-Box platform was also going to happen with MS calling the shots.

They weren't first revealed at E3. The point is that you keep coming up with the same two E3s and then trying to pass the crap E3s as an attempt that Sega has bothered with the event.

The Wii U is another GameCube . It will be vastly outsold by the XBox One and PS4 and this year I'll have a bet that the 360 and PS3 will sell better at Christmas - Sonic really should have been on those systems too.
Yawn, i never said it wouldn't sell. Strange your bet hasn't included the PS4 and XBO which is what i was saying all along. let's see how it performs against its actual peers rather than older systems that has a larger fanbase, a larger variety of games and are cheaper to buy.

This from the one that makes out Sammy is massive , SEGA is bigger than Capcom or Konami ? . If Capcom can fund and make their own In-House Multi platform engine, if Capcom can fund massive AAA games on the consoles and also risk new IP then SEGA Japan really should too.
1 i never said Sammy is massive. I said Sammy was successful. That's a difference. Two Sega is a bigger company than both Konami and Capcom because of the sheer size of the operation. The operation costs to run Sega is much higher than it is with the other two. I should know. I use to be a stockholder for the last 20 plus years.

That goes without saying . Since the mid 80's SEGA have been a force in the Arcades even in the poor times of 2004 and so on (when the console team were average ) SEGA Arcade teams were still at the top of their game ; Very much like NCL Hand held teams are always brilliant no matter what.

You said sega isn't doing it anymore and i showed you examples that they are and now you are agreeing with me that they are doing something right, when before you said they weren't. Go figure.

And yet SEGA can't fund new IP or take risks . Just one multi platform game from Capcom selling better than any SEGA IP you can to mention other than Sonic and Mario . Capcom have more multi million selling IP, Already have a new IP and a new next Gen and SEGA Japan ..... That's right they're nowhere to be seen yet again.

Because Capcom focuses on a small number of games while Sega doesn't. Have you actually seen the amount of games Sega releases on digital mobile alone? You add to what they were planning to release for consoles as well as the digital scape, just for japan you will start to get the picture.
And other than SONIC and Yakuza what do the In-House Teams focus on consoles ?:That's SEGA trouble and why most people don't care about SEGA anymore . SEGA Japan needs to up its game and become relevant to console gamers once again - That means Multi platform support and making some big AAA games with an eye to the west and On-line gaming .

No Sega should make games that have an international appeal and not just cater to the west. They tried that and it failed. You of all people should want EVERYONE to play a Sega game not just westerners. Everyone. Or is gaming just an exclusive for us white people to enjoy all of a sudden?

Not its a given and like saying Capcom is making RE6 or EA making a new FIFA. We all know its going to happen
So what are you bitching about?

And guess what all those tiles sold better than any SEGA IP (other than Mario & Sonic ) this generation and its ok for SEGA to milk Yakuza , but not Capcom and Dead Rising ? (which at least was a new IP for this generation too)

What are you talking about? You complain about sega releasing the same games yet start complaining when its pointed out that Capcom and Konami does exactly the same thing with those games mentioned. Is  it all right for Konami and Capcom and not all right for Sega?

One game ? and a game that was reduced to Handhelds for its sequels ? and worst still the amazing Canvas engine only ever used in 1 home console game .

A game that showed the world sega still has it. Or have you forgotten?

Get a grip its nothing to do with SEGA at all and its pathetic that SEGA fans still bring this title up again and again. Its a Platiumin game and their baby  at the end of the day and you watch the title fall flat on its ass on the Wii U too

No its a Sega game. Its owned by Sega and Nintendo wouldn't have picked it  up without Sega's involvement  so stop complaining and bitchin' and get with the times. Just because it doesn't fit with your mindset doesn't mean its not the way things are.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:17:13 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2013, 01:48:33 pm »
The game was shit, TA

I thought it was quite nice just really unfinished .

Strange considering he left way before then

Yes it was an UGA game ....

GMR: Astro Boy began life as a United Game Artists (Space Channel 5, Rez) title. How much has the original game design changed since UGA was absorbed into Sonic Team?

MO: Nothing much has changed since the studios have merged. However, you could say that we are concentrating more on game development. UGA was located in Shibuya, where there are lots of fun things to do, whereas Sonic Team is located at Otorii, near Haneda Airport, where there is only a McDonald's—you know what I mean? [Smiles] Sonic Team's new environment was good for us.

Your missing the point, anticipation is not what makes an E3

It is to fans of corps . When SEGA shows off good stuff at game shows then all us SEGA fans are happy and got stuff to look forward too .

Which both subcontracted to other studios like RED who then subcontracted to china which was also what happened with ALTERED BEAST but that had development teams from the United states as well.

The huge difference was SEGA was tying to stay independent and avoid any takeovers and was strapped for cash (with CSK desperate to sell) That is not a easy time to make games or take risks .

They weren't first revealed at E3.

For the last time . The 1st time there were seen 'in motion' running on actual XBox Hardware .

Have you actually seen the amount of games Sega releases on digital mobile alone

Have you seen what Capcom and the likes of Namco do ? even the likes of Cave are a big deal on the mobile platform  and when it comes to mobile Capcom is again way ahead of SEGA thanks to Monster Hunter.

. I should know. I use to be a stockholder for the last 20 plus years.

Really ? That's why you refused for years to believe that SEGA posted a loss ?. Don't come it , If Capcom can do it , there's no excuse why SEGA can't too .

Because Capcom focuses on a small number of games while Sega doesn't.

Really so Dead Rising, , DMC IV , Lost Planet 1,2 , Dragons Dogma , RE 5, 6 , M VsC 3,
Zack & Wiki, Sengoku Basara, SF IV (that's with out their HH and Mobile games) are a small number of In-House games ? Given Capcom have just some 800 staff its a very impressive figure .

You said sega isn't doing it anymore

Another than the odd magic title here and there -they're not sadly .

You complain about sega releasing the same games yet start complaining when its pointed out that Capcom

Bceausw while Capcom will mile RE to their credit they will also come up with new big budget IP each generation like with Dead Rising , LP, Dragon Dogma this gen . What did we get from SEGA Japan this gen other than Val and Binary Domain ?

A game that showed the world sega still has it.

2007 (when it was 1st shown) . Sorry mate we're in 2013 now and about to go into the next generation and SEGA is no-where

and not just cater to the west.

Then SEGA Japan is doomed , The west is where the sales and money is to be made on the consoles .

No its a Sega game.

They just hold some of the IP rights . Next you'll be saying Goldeneye 64 is Activsion game .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:51 am »
I thought it was quite nice just really unfinished .

Everyone else thought it was shit. And it was.

Yes it was an UGA game ....

No it was a Sonic team game with UGA members involved.
It is to fans of corps . When SEGA shows off good stuff at game shows then all us SEGA fans are happy and got stuff to look forward too .

What, anticipating for a good E3 and then not delivering on it? That's what satisfy fans? Sega hasn't bothered or delivered  on E3 for a very long time. Anticipation is different from having a good show that delivers and the actual satisfaction from it.

The huge difference was SEGA was tying to stay independent and avoid any takeovers and was strapped for cash (with CSK desperate to sell) That is not a easy time to make games or take risks .
There isn't a difference

For the last time . The 1st time there were seen 'in motion' running on actual XBox Hardware .
Nope, sorry wrong.
Have you seen what Capcom and the likes of Namco do ? even the likes of Cave are a big deal on the mobile platform  and when it comes to mobile Capcom is again way ahead of SEGA thanks to Monster Hunter.
Not ahead of PSO2 or KINGDOM CONQUEST. So try again and keep up although i know you dont keep up to date on what SOJ actually does.
Really ? That's why you refused for years to believe that SEGA posted a loss ?. Don't come it , If Capcom can do it , there's no excuse why SEGA can't too .
Yes i was thanks to my late father,got anymore insults for that too? Which is why i would be in the best position to know if and when they posted a loss but not saying they haven't. Apart from being some reactionary who acts like the company lost everything because one department lost money compared to the other one which is what they have had . But that's got nothing to do with your initial question.

Really so Dead Rising, , DMC IV , Lost Planet 1,2 , Dragons Dogma , RE 5, 6 , M VsC 3,
Zack & Wiki, Sengoku Basara, SF IV (that's with out their HH and Mobile games) are a small number of In-House games ? Given Capcom have just some 800 staff its a very impressive figure

Compared to sega it definitely is. 

Another than the odd magic title here and there -they're not sadly .
Make up your mind will you, first you say Sega management is keeping talent down, now you are saying they are not capable of making good games anymore. Gimme a break

Bceausw while Capcom will mile RE to their credit they will also come up with new big budget IP each generation like with Dead Rising , LP, Dragon Dogma this gen . What did we get from SEGA Japan this gen other than Val and Binary Domain ?

SENGOKU TAISEN
BORDER BREAK
KINGDOM CONQUEST

Three new ip that was successful and released this gen.

2007 (when it was 1st shown) . Sorry mate we're in 2013 now and about to go into the next generation and SEGA is no-where

Stop twisting the question. You said Sega has released nothing this gen.And nothing good. Someone comes up with an example and all of a sudden it doesn't count. Deluded you truly are.

They just hold some of the IP rights . Next you'll be saying Goldeneye 64 is Activsion game .
Not some ALL of the IP rights which is why nintendo licensed the game from sega in the first place. dont bother bringing in stupid examples of a game that the company never owned. We had that argument and you lost it when everyone else said the same thing.  Sega has always owned BAYONETTA, like they own GUNSTAR HEROES,like they own RESONACE OF FATE and countless other IP made by contract studios.

Then SEGA Japan is doomed , The west is where the sales and money is to be made on the consoles .

Like capcom? The games you keep banging on about are titles that both markets can play and not too western or too eastern. they have international appeal. You of all people should want that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:43:17 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2013, 08:15:48 am »
No it was a Sonic team game with UGA members involved.

It started life out has a UGA game - Sonic Team then took over development with the merger of UGA and ST.

anticipating for a good E3 and then not delivering on it

I would expect every SEGA fan would have expected a far better showing from SEGA this year and even it was just news of PSO II on Vita and PC for the West, a possible Yakuza 5 translation - something for the faithful to look forward too .

There isn't a difference

There's a difference when you're in massive debit and trying to fight hostel takeovers which the board don't want . Not asking for Shenmue III here , just some more output from SEGA on the current and next gen consoles.

Nope, sorry wrong

Not its correct . The E3 demo of JSRF done just for the show and confirmed by the team the 1st time the game was shown off to the public and done in 4 weeks. Panzer Dragon Orta I remember it very well : we got 6 odd screen shots before the game was shown off at E3 . E3 was also the 1st time people saw the new look HOTD III running (after the outcry from the cel-shading look)

Not ahead of PSO2 or KINGDOM CONQUEST

Monster Hunter on the PSP is one of the best selling hand held games around in Japan way above that of PSO 2 on Vita

Which is why i would be in the best position to know if and when they posted a loss but not saying they haven't.

One read of Sammy website shows the losses SEGA consumer Teams have  made over the years. That's why was it was baffling  to see you deny those facts or the fact that the whole of the SEGA group posted an overall loss now and again.

SENGOKU TAISEN
BORDER BREAK
KINGDOM CONQUEST

C'Mon we now listing Arcade/Mobile games and trying to count them as new IP ? Please lets keep it to console games and btw Sengoku Taisen isn't really a new IP but one that goes back years and running on XBox Arcade hardware .

Someone comes up with an example and all of a sudden it doesn't count.

Of a made that came out in 2008 and where the sequels were reduced to a HH and the brilliant game engine never used again . SEGA should have given the sequel one more chance on the PS3 or at least made a new PS3 game with that brilliant engine . I'm on about the SEGA now in 2013 and they're really not good enough at the more bar a couple of teams .

Sega has always owned BAYONETTA, like they own GUNSTAR HEROES,like they own RESONACE OF FATE and countless other IP made by contract studios.

Owning IP is one think making and developing the games is quite another . No one really gave SEGA any credit for making Gunstar Heroes -everyone knows it's a Treasure game , just like Gradius V is a treasure game even if Konami hold the IP rights or F335 is a SEGA game even if they didn't hold the IP rights for the west .

Like capcom? The games you keep banging on about are titles that both markets can play and not too western or too eastern

Capcom RE 6 and Dragon Dogma,Monster Hunter 3  have all been multi million sellers this year . Games that people both in the West and Japan can enjoy. The Japanse market is not where you're going to make the big money on the consoles and the fact that SONY is brining out the PS4 in USA 1st all but tells you that .   

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2013, 12:05:35 pm »

I dunno they have been kinda slipping. Still no sight of VF6. And ever since 2010 they have only made a couple of rail-shooters, and revisions of Initial D, Border Break and Shining Cross