Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 282282 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #555 on: October 26, 2014, 08:33:37 am »
You had a pro controller knock off if i remember correctly right? Usually knock offs dont output a full 360 degrees on the analog sticks. Is that the reason why you ended up getting the nyko controller?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #556 on: October 27, 2014, 05:22:15 am »
Definitely. Hold out for a next gen release, beef up the graphics/framerate and release it on PC at the same time. Would have stood out a lot more than it did. All new original Sega IPs are going to have this problem now where if they are released on platforms with many titles of the same genre, they simply won't get noticed or will be dismissed outright for having a Sega label, only to be touted as hidden gems 6 months later. 

I recalled Binary Domain on release being endlessly dismissed as a Gears of War clone. That remark would have benefited the game as a Wii-U exclusive as it had no Gears of War equivalent.

One thing Sega nailed was SSAR:Transformed. Perfect timing! All the platforms didn't have major Kart racers out and it got the spotlight it deserved. Sega has to be sooo careful with their timing now.

Do you think Sega can even release new IPs on the next gen consoles anymore? Thank Neptunia they got Atlus! Sneaking their new IPs through Atlus will get them attention on the PS4/XB1 again.
It goes to show the incompetence of SOJ and the management team that resides their. Incompetence after incompetence. Sega only got to where it did because of american management. Once the japanese took over...the company while having a great creative force and innovatice tech team...was incompetent from a buisness point of view. No coincidence that when SOA was running the show..SONIC became a household name and the Genesis and MCD and other Sega products sold by the bucketload. When SOJ took charge with the Saturn...failure after failure. Even in the late noughties when the subsidaries had a bit more control we started to see better games again including Sonic..and a publishing release that showed a diversity of great games and release dates. Now SOJ is chasing the digital dollar on mobile where they're succesful at but excluding everything else. 

I'm sure there's a deal with Atlus..but make sure this..Atlus was the ones who insisted on it..not Sega. Pretty much that they insisted that Atlus USA would remain untouched.  When we see these collaberations its no thanks to SOJ management that's for sure...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #557 on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:21 am »
You had a pro controller knock off if i remember correctly right? Usually knock offs dont output a full 360 degrees on the analog sticks. Is that the reason why you ended up getting the nyko controller?
This is the only controller I have for Wii-U apart from the big tablet. It's true the Nyko doesn't do a full 360 degrees, and I have no clue as to why. I only notice it when you have the 'Pole Dance' section to spin an island or something in Paradiso, but it doesn't work with the Nyko, but works fine with the tablet. Curious as to why that is.
Otherwise I can do all the moves without issue and it just is easier to play with than the Tablet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #558 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:03 am »
Guys, guys... Ninja Gaiden/Black on Xbox is pretty fucking spectacular. I can fully understand someone saying that's better than Bayonetta. I personally still prefer Bayonetta, but they are both phenomenal games.

I haven't played Ninja Gaiden 2.

I want Ninja Gaiden Black to get a PC release already :(

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #559 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:02 am »
Oh so it's the nyko controller as well? Well that sucks. Personally i've been maining the tablet. It took some time to get used to it in the beginning, but its something new so my hands had to adept a bit to it as well. The tablet is really good but I think 1 thing holds it back after a long time using it, and they are the bottom corners. They should have been more ergonomic because they sit on the palm of your hands for longer durations. They're too angular. They should have been rounder. Thankfully there are grips that remedy the problem a bit. Ever since I got one I didnt feel  the need to play with the pro controller anymore which are too expensive at the moment. Everytime I think about getting one, the thought of it costing the same as a new game stops me.

Anyway, I just got the First print edition yesterday. It's amazing. now to decide whether I should open it or not....

Edit: This one to be exact http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Nintendo-Wii-Gamepad-Controller-U/dp/B00AM4D9ES
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:37:57 am by CrazyT »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2014, 05:20:54 am »
I'm so fucking angry that America didn't get a first print edition. What the fuck, Nintendo? Just like SEGA did with Bayonetta 1...

Looks like SOJ's contempt for western gamers is rubbing off on Nintendo as well...

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2014, 08:23:25 am »
I'm so jealous. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive! If it's not in my post by the time I get home, I will have to have a stern word with the postie to see if he's been pilfering!

I had issues with the game pad for a couple of games, particularly Mario Kart 8 so purchasing the Pro Controller is a must if you own a Wii U. The game pad is great on a number of games, Resident Evil Revelations comes to mind, but I knew that Bayonetta 2 and Smash Brothers would be far more comfortable on the Pro controller.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #562 on: October 29, 2014, 08:54:13 am »
I'm excited to finish Bayo 1 so I can dig into Bayo 2 this weekend.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #563 on: October 29, 2014, 09:08:57 am »
I got my copy last night, played a few levels of the first game... so happy. I played a bit of the X360 version last weekend to brush up on it, and the WiiU port looks stunning in comparison. Wider color palette, sharper image, smoother frame rate. I don't mind the tablet controller too much, but I noticed that I am getting crappier medals than on X360, whether I take damage or not.

U.S.A. people: Did your copy come with a Club Nintendo Code? Mine didn't.  :-\

I'm excited to finish Bayo 1 so I can dig into Bayo 2 this weekend.

Same here, not that Bayo 1 had a comprehensible story, but I can't bring myself to play the sequel without giggling my way through the first game (never completed it before).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:30:52 am by segaismysavior »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2014, 11:10:29 am »
So at the moment most people here love the game but like me as i pointed out..hate the use of the controller....

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2014, 11:12:40 am »
I've only tried using the tablet once when I played some off screen gameplay. It wasn't too bad for a short burst, but I'm very glad I bought a pro style controller.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »
U.S.A. people: Did your copy come with a Club Nintendo Code? Mine didn't.  :-\

So, FYI if you didn't notice, the code is printed on the back of the cover... weird, but thrifty.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2014, 11:31:26 pm »
Alright, so I just beat Bayo 2 today. I gotta say, I like 1 way more than 2. Even subtracting the Sega vs Nintendo aspects, I still think 1 is the superior game.

Those who've beat both, what do you say?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #568 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:51 am »
Alright, so I just beat Bayo 2 today. I gotta say, I like 1 way more than 2. Even subtracting the Sega vs Nintendo aspects, I still think 1 is the superior game.

Those who've beat both, what do you say?

I'm up to chapter 4 or so of Bayonetta 2 after just beating the first again. I have to say I do think the first is the better game so far, but it's a close call. There are improvements in Bayo 2, and it's still got some excellent boss fights and great enemy design in general, so really tough. I'll have to keep playing before I can say anything definitely.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #569 on: November 02, 2014, 10:34:07 am »
Cant remember if I asked this, but is there any chance this game will ever be ported to other consoles, or even better PC, even in the far future? Or has Nintendo got this on lock down forever?
Made by SEGA