Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 266728 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
New Yakuza
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:34:02 pm »
Hi, i am going to put this here:

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/next-yakuza-game-development

see you

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »
Can't wait to see what they have planned, Yakuza 5 dethroned Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as my favourite game so I'm excited to see what Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio has planned.

Here's hoping it won't be a cross-gen game but with Playstation 4 sales in Japan I doubt it.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 03:58:03 pm »
Yakuza 5 is that good?, man... as yu suzuki said, the sega with ryo ga gotoku is much nicer XD.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:50:07 am »
Yakuza 5 is that good?, man... as yu suzuki said, the sega with ryo ga gotoku is much nicer XD.

You mean the one that made him "retire" without getting a chance to complete SHENMUE? Yeah that's the nice Sega we all want...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:20:35 am »
Can't wait to see what they have planned, Yakuza 5 dethroned Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as my favourite game so I'm excited to see what Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio has planned.

Here's hoping it won't be a cross-gen game but with Playstation 4 sales in Japan I doubt it.

Great another new YAKUZA game nobody in the west will be able to play...
What's the point? Only a few of us like me are able to play it when its eventually released. Most of the guys are still waiting on the other two because of localization. The ghost of bernie stolar strikes again!!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:06 am »
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/next-yakuza-game-ps4-ps3

Yakuza will not be a Playstation 4 exclusive in Japan. That pretty much seals it for me, not only do I not need a PS4 for a while longer but I think it says massively of the condition of the Playstation 4's future in Japan.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:53:17 am »
I should get around to buying Yakuza 5 on import one of these days. Then trying to understand it with a translation guide or something :(

Offline Centrale

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 10:23:20 am »
I should get around to buying Yakuza 5 on import one of these days. Then trying to understand it with a translation guide or something :(

That's what I'll be doing, I suppose. I was pretty sure they were going to localize it, but once the Sega West producer 'Yas' left, I think there wasn't a contingent of Yakuza supporters in Sega West anymore to find some budget scraps for it.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 11:18:34 am »

That's what I'll be doing, I suppose. I was pretty sure they were going to localize it, but once the Sega West producer 'Yas' left, I think there wasn't a contingent of Yakuza supporters in Sega West anymore to find some budget scraps for it.

You guys are in luck, not only is it probably the most import friendly (The main storyline anyway) it only has two points where you would actually need a guide. Thankfully KHH Subs have been putting up some brilliant videos up and we have this brilliant guide up http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/index.htm so you won't be getting stuck much!

Trust me, it's worth it guys, YOU GET TO PUNCH BEARS IN THE NUTS!

And the Haruka section is one of my favourites.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:57 am »
You mean the one that made him "retire" without getting a chance to complete SHENMUE? Yeah that's the nice Sega we all want...
he said that himself XD

Offline Centrale

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:56:30 pm »
Trust me, it's worth it guys, YOU GET TO PUNCH BEARS IN THE NUTS!

Thanks, Aki, knowing that does make me feel a lot better. :D

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/next-yakuza-game-ps4-ps3

Yakuza will not be a Playstation 4 exclusive in Japan. That pretty much seals it for me, not only do I not need a PS4 for a while longer but I think it says massively of the condition of the Playstation 4's future in Japan.

Oh dear. The major third party Japanese pub/devs aren't making a commitment to the next generation with their bigger franchises. Except for I guess Koei-Tecmo.

This is very worrisome. Adoption is too slow. And what does this say about localization - which companies are going to be willing to print PS3 discs in the west?

edit: I realize that Persona 5 is still coming out in 2015 in the West, so the doomsday clock has a lot of time left and I wasn't entirely right, but considering the delays that are generally endemic to localized games (we get it later than Japan more often than not) this could hurt the attractiveness of localization of some games if the publisher insists on doing it in house.

What's going to be the reason for most people to keep their PS3's? Right now it's because of the lack of backwards compatibility and that Gaikai streaming service or whatever on PS4 still being nonoperational. It's possible that once that happens, more people will ditch their PS3's. When that happens, will more third parties work on PS4? The only thing I'm aware of that's next-gen exclusive from the major third parties is some PS4 title that Ono from Capcom is working on.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:13:13 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 04:16:43 am »
he said that himself XD

Never said he didn't but he was treated poorly at Sega towards the end according to some people. So it makes no difference if he had put a PR spin on it. It ammounts to the same thing. Nice Sega... Sega not even a shadow of their former glory where all the legends of sega are now gone and their subsidaries are nothing but a glorified PC COMPANY or "bad" Sega where we had games like SHENMUE,SONIC JSR and countless others bursting out of the seams and being released in the west as well.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 04:21:24 am »
Oh dear. The major third party Japanese pub/devs aren't making a commitment to the next generation with their bigger franchises. Except for I guess Koei-Tecmo.

This is very worrisome. Adoption is too slow. And what does this say about localization - which companies are going to be willing to print PS3 discs in the west?

edit: I realize that Persona 5 is still coming out in 2015 in the West, so the doomsday clock has a lot of time left and I wasn't entirely right, but considering the delays that are generally endemic to localized games (we get it later than Japan more often than not) this could hurt the attractiveness of localization of some games if the publisher insists on doing it in house.

What's going to be the reason for most people to keep their PS3's? Right now it's because of the lack of backwards compatibility and that Gaikai streaming service or whatever on PS4 still being nonoperational. It's possible that once that happens, more people will ditch their PS3's. When that happens, will more third parties work on PS4? The only thing I'm aware of that's next-gen exclusive from the major third parties is some PS4 title that Ono from Capcom is working on.

Why would they? Japan has moved towards digital mobile gaming in a massive way especially in the last five years even Sega, that's where everyone is making their money now. Its cheap to make and the returns are enourmous. The only traditional outlet they are comitted to is the nintendo handheld systems and even that may not last long. That's the reality of Japan and asia at the moment. Most of the consumers are playing mobile games now and not getting systems in their droves. If it continues which it should since this was predicted a while back it then remains to be seen if the japan companies can adapt if they want to continue making console titles.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 04:24:56 am »

Its Japan - that place is now Handheld central . Shame SEGA Japan haven't woken up the fact that its West and America when the main consoles sales are and you need Multi Platform games that are made with the west in mind . One day SEGA Japan may get it , but it may take until Yakuza 10 for that :(
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure