Author Topic: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?  (Read 57971 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2015, 08:15:14 am »
It's not like mobile Sonic games are anything new and it was never a problem before... Everyone recognised them as a spin off and that was that... At least this one is distinctly a Sonic like game... Unlike some of the older ones:

Were those actually made by Sonic Team though?

Also I had a look at that Rayman game, I can see it looks different to temple run in that it actually has some semblance of level design, but still looks rather dull to me. I can't see much lasting appeal in a one button platformer. You can't control pace or left/right movement and just time jumps along a pre-set 'course'.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2015, 10:36:24 am »
Were those actually made by Sonic Team though?

Also I had a look at that Rayman game, I can see it looks different to temple run in that it actually has some semblance of level design, but still looks rather dull to me. I can't see much lasting appeal in a one button platformer. You can't control pace or left/right movement and just time jumps along a pre-set 'course'.

The Rayman runner games have more than jumping though. You also have a punching move that at the same time you can use to gain momentum in your jumps and you can hover. And when the levels are actually designed rather than randomly generated, it feels a lot more like your moveset is meant to be used in a certain way in each level. They're by far the best runner games out there IMO.

It also seems like that's what Sonic Team is going for with Sonic Runners. The trailer shows that each character has special abilities, so it won't just be "jump when you need to jump".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:58:03 am by TimmiT »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2015, 10:55:42 am »
I think Sonic Team wants to use it's Lost World assets for the last time, before changing the look completly again for it's big PS4/Xbone game.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2015, 11:32:48 am »
I think Sonic Team wants to use it's Lost World assets for the last time, before changing the look completly again for it's big PS4/Xbone game.
The next Sonic game being released didn't stop SEGA from re-using Seaside Hill assets.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2015, 11:55:34 am »
Yeah for side-titles. I'm just assuming. Windy Hill being the new Seaside Hill is ok with me.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 11:58:23 am »

you said based on nothing at all.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2015, 12:02:05 pm »
you said based on nothing at all.

I think the next console game will change it up again, based on what we have heard form rumors (and by that I mean Endri from Sonic Retro).

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »
Who is endri and what did he claim?  I guess I'm curious enough to peek down that dank, dusty rabbit hole. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2015, 01:01:52 pm »
Who is endri and what did he claim?  I guess I'm curious enough to peek down that dank, dusty rabbit hole. 

You leave Cream's mom out of this!

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:30 pm »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 03:01:17 pm »
It's not unrealistic to think that the next Sonic game will have new visuals. Smart phone games are usually meant to be low budget, so it makes sense that they are reusing lost world's assets for this game. Also, as cool as smartphone games with cutting edge graphics are, they cut out a large portion of a potential audience due to lots of people being on older phones. Lost World's graphics work perfect for a cell phone game. Game honestly looks like it could be fun, too. Unlike Lost World.

It will be a bit depressing if this is the major Sonic game for 2015, but I suppose that will make 2016 all the more special.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2015, 03:04:38 pm »
You think this is the major Sonic game for 2015 and its coming out this month? You really don't think Sonic Team has a game coming out in the fall?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »
You think this is the major Sonic game for 2015 and its coming out this month? You really don't think Sonic Team has a game coming out in the fall?

I hope they do, but who knows. They might have other plans... like a second sonic boom game developed by High Voltage Software or Gearbox.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2015, 04:07:09 pm »
Relax, guys.

Something Sonic will come in the Holiday season this year.

Now they are focusing on promote Runners all the Spring season.

I'm very suspicious about the next E3 because new Sonic games are revealed around Feb-April every year.

Also, we don't know anything about that and the possible sequel of Isolation...and TW: Warhamme-wait...

That's a strong lineup if you put in that way. Hmmm.....

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2015, 04:10:52 pm »
According to someone, SEGA has not announced a booth at E3 but a conference room.