Author Topic: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?  (Read 57975 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »
Relax, guys.

Something Sonic will come in the Holiday season this year.

Now they are focusing on promote Runners all the Spring season.

I'm very suspicious about the next E3 because new Sonic games are revealed around Feb-April every year.

Also, we don't know anything about that and the possible sequel of Isolation...and TW: Warhamme-wait...

That's a strong lineup if you put in that way. Hmmm.....

Hard to say it's a strong lineup based on a potential Sonic game, a game that may not ever happen and a game we literally only know the name of.

I don't mean to be negative, but two out of the three games you listed don't even officially exist yet.

I agree I think there's a 'real' Sonic game coming.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2015, 04:19:22 pm »
don't forget the rumor from December

http://i.imgur.com/slf5lcB.png

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 04:34:51 pm »
The thing that got me more concerned is the deal with the temporary exclusives that could be "the next big thing to talk about" in this E3.

The PS4 Version of Isolation is best selling version, this year it will be released for both of this gen consoles in Japan, the GotyAwards, Bafta/"Free PR" nominations and the hints of a sequel is in a bunch of interviews maded to Al Hope...something fishy is going around that and seeing how , when and where the  original game was maded  from, always have a point of interesting things that got me.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 07:17:42 pm »
If the next main series entry is a movie tie in, I think we can safely call the franchise over. 

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »
Rumors are rumors.

Is easy to do one because all the variants you can have/make are infinite.

Trust me, being in Sonic Community for a long time,  teach me when and where a rumor could possibly be true or false.

This is only a part of the multitude of rumors for the next console Sonic game.

As an advise, I will say that you need to wait at least two or three months for some new information.

This sort of things always go in their own ways....::)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »
I can tell you right now, that rumor is not true.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:58 am »
If the next main series entry is a movie tie in, I think we can safely call the franchise over. 

I genuinely don't expect it to be... But if it was I would agree. Movie tie in games are almost always trash. The only exception is when its a game set in the world of a film and done years later with no movie release deadlines. Like Alien Isolation.

Given how much I genuinely really enjoyed Sonic Generations I am dying to see what they come out with next, really hoping it's in the same vein.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 01:20:43 pm »
I can't see much lasting appeal in a one button platformer. You can't control pace or left/right movement and just time jumps along a pre-set 'course'.

I feel similarly about Project Diva and look how popular that is! Sonic Runners, for me is entirely free since I never pay a dime in freetoplay and for a totally free game Sonic Runners looks pretty damn appealing to me. That's all that matters.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2015, 02:48:59 pm »
You think this is the major Sonic game for 2015 and its coming out this month? You really don't think Sonic Team has a game coming out in the fall?

What its in on , Is Sonic still only going to be on the Wii U and the major trouble I have is I'm sick to death of the Sonic Team working on a number of completely separate Sonic titles . They should be 100% focused on just one main Sonic game and that's it  - which is then ported to a Varity of systems   .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2015, 02:50:58 pm »
I feel similarly about Project Diva and look how popular that is! Sonic Runners, for me is entirely free since I never pay a dime in freetoplay and for a totally free game Sonic Runners looks pretty damn appealing to me. That's all that matters.
Having looked at the Rayman game, it's better than I thought it would look but still not something I would play, even for free. We'll see how it goes for Sega I guess.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 05:24:58 pm »
don't forget the rumor from December

http://i.imgur.com/slf5lcB.png
Good thing we already know that not all characters in Sonic Runners control the same and that it's 2D only.

Anyway, if it's from 4chan, automatically assume that it's fake unless there's a good reason to believe otherwise.

Who is endri and what did he claim?  I guess I'm curious enough to peek down that dank, dusty rabbit hole. 

Endri is a Sonic Retro forum member who works at Harmonix and seemingly has helped SEGA with Xbox One development stuff. He was one of the people who leaked Sonic 4 stuff when the game popped up on PartnerNet. I think it's fairly safe to assume that what he says is legit. And going by what he said, it seems likely that the big Sonic game released this year will be from Sonic Team for the Xbox One and likely PS4.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:32:30 pm by TimmiT »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2015, 12:06:45 am »
What its in on , Is Sonic still only going to be on the Wii U and the major trouble I have is I'm sick to death of the Sonic Team working on a number of completely separate Sonic titles . They should be 100% focused on just one main Sonic game and that's it  - which is then ported to a Varity of systems   .
Hey, we agree on something.

Yes, while I don't think signing a exclusive deal with Nintendo was bad per-say, it just happen that the Wii U was terrible selling and the fans ignore anything not Nintendo published except for Sonic. The shit part is that SEGA tried really hard to shit all over Nintendo fans by releasing 3 shitty (though I would argue that Lost World isn't the shittest game, just average) games on Nintendo consoles in a span of 2 years.

Yeah, not the best way to treat your flagship franchise.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2015, 04:14:45 am »
Personally I think that maybe Sonic Team should take a break from Sonic and make something different. A new original game or maybe a new sequel to an old game like Burning Rangers.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2015, 05:01:33 am »
Personally I think that maybe Sonic Team should take a break from Sonic and make something different. A new original game or maybe a new sequel to an old game like Burning Rangers.

Internal Sega staff (since Sonic Team as a subsidary does't really exist) will probably not do new IP or bring back old IP on console anytime soon. After Rhythm Thief and Hero Bank did not do well on 3DS, the only plattform is mobile.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2015, 05:40:26 am »
Hey, we agree on something

Look we both want the best for SEGA I would imagine, I just think different . I grew up with SEGA Japan leading the way.. always high end, always leading edge games (both in graphics and gameplay) I do not like the low tech safe and easy SOJ of today , nor do I think Mobile is the way to go for the main teams (have seprate teams handle the mobile side)

Internal Sega staff (since Sonic Team as a subsidary does't really exist) will probably not do new IP or bring back old IP on console anytime soon. After Rhythm Thief and Hero Bank did not do well on 3DS, the only plattform is mobile

I would imagine the Sonic Team are made up of 80 to 100 staff and that means you can have 3 to 4 lines doing different projects in the main team. To me ST just need to go all out on a next gen Sonic - no worrying about looking over and producing spin offs or mobile or handheld games just 100% on 1 main Sonic game - That to me gives them the best chance of making a true and great Sonic game that doesn't feature any short comings
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure