Author Topic: SEGAbits: Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam 2015 Convention topic  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
SEGAbits: Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam 2015 Convention topic
« on: March 13, 2015, 11:19:08 am »

Hey gang! Kori-Maru here to announce the next Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam 2015, a fan gathering con event hosted by SEGAbits & held in Savannah, Ga celebrating upcoming and retro SEGA titles including convention activities, tournaments, special guests, and more. Last year, I had a blast hosting an event like this for people who have passion for the company and all of it's products.

We've been working on the website for the event for quite sometime and plan to give you guys more announcements in the coming months. However, in order to make this event bigger than before, we've made a donation page with a goal of reaching $7,000 or more to cover the expenses on venue space, travel accommodations for special guests, food, and providing all of your favorite SEGA titles towards the event.

Donors can also contribute by donating any SEGA consoles for the event. Feel free to contact us or myself to set up a chat.

Website link: www.segabits.com/segafanjam
Donation Page: http://gogetfunding.com/project/sonic-sega-fan-jam-2015-fundraiser
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SonicSEGAFanJam/

Feel free to leave suggestions as well! Oh and by the way, I'm planning something for Shenmue's 15 Anniversary in the states. So be on the look out for that during Fan Jam!

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Moody

Re: SEGAbits: Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam 2015 Convention topic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »
What can we expect ticket prices to be? I am totally down for driving down to Savannah, but I have no idea what the tickets were like last year.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:19:32 pm »
What can we expect ticket prices to be? I am totally down for driving down to Savannah, but I have no idea what the tickets were like last year.
Maybe between $20-$50, though the numbers may change. I'll have full details on them later this summer. Hopefully by April, I will update the fundraising page with rewards.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »
Will ticket prices include autographs?

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:18 am »
Will ticket prices include autographs?
If you mean buying a ticket with autograph privileges. Not sure on that yet but may be considered.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 12:00:49 pm »
Hello SEGA fans and video gamers, we are here to announce our new donation goal to $4,500 and a raffle contest for a chance to win some cool prizes!

The raffle is $5 to enter and we will be giving away various items and SEGA merchandise to a few selected people such as

- 3 Archie Sonic the Hedgehog pages and comic books and a few signed copies by Tracy Yardley!

- Two Atlanta Falcon Tickets

- $50 Gas Card

- Sonic Amibo for Super Smash Bros

- Sakura Wars OVA

- Virtua Fighter Remix for the SEGA Saturn

- Shenmue and many more!

How to enter the raffle:

- Go to http://gogetfunding.com/project/sonic-sega-fan-jam-2015-fundraiser

- Click Fan Jam Raffle Prizes and donate $5 with a PayPal account.

- Your name and email will be saved on our backers list.

We will announce the winners by June 9th 2015! Also, if we could raise at least a $1,000 in each donation, we will announce a special guest!

Fan Jam will take place in Savannah, Georgia at The Guild Hall, 615 Montgomery St 31405 on November 2015. Date and ticket prices will be announced this summer.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:29:48 pm by Kori-Maru »

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 03:09:40 pm »

We will be making an appearance at Savannah Comic Con in Savannah, Ga this Saturday on June 20th featuring SEGAbits original content such as My Life with SEGA, This is Saturn, Weekly Five and many more. We will also be promoting our event with retro video games, hosting a Sonic Adventure 2 tournament, giving away donation raffles and a video preview of Fan Jam 2015.

If you happen to live in Georgia, it's only $5 to get in the door! My friends and I will be in our SEGA cosplay costumes during the convention.

Feel free to donate on our GoGetFunding page and enter our raffle to a chance to win some cool prizes like the exclusive Archie Sonic the Hedgehog page artwork by Tracy Yardley!

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:41:43 pm »
Bumping the topic a bit.

Date and pricing will be announced shortly. It will be the cheapest price that may bring all SEGA fans to the event. ;)