Author Topic: Sonic Generations  (Read 12347 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Sonic Generations
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »
In Generations, the boost is more measurable than Unleashed.
There is a right balance between platforming and speed-sections in Modern Stages although the control in 3D is not so friendly with a rotation input. You can tell that if you try to boost without any energy in the respective gauge and you can see some wind trails going in a straight forward direction giving no room to look back or anything besides that "vector of force" : -P

I hope that they will utilize that "experiment" from the Zelda DLC for LW and do a mixed gameplay style between what they do in the last two games. That would give a room for multiple playable characters and more.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 03:30:04 pm »
Sounds like something i'd actually enjoy. The boosting is what i've always disliked about Modern Sonic games. As much as i loved the speed of some Sonic Unleashed levels, i never cared for having to boost all of the game time and the camera angles messed me up a lot.

If Colors has more platforming then i might buy that as well. Generations has been pretty great thus far. I love how much this game is bringing me back, it's awesome.

A trick I usually find best is to ignore the temptation to use the boost unless you're on a straight line. That way, you'll find secret paths from timed manoeuvres etc.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »
I just finished up Generations. I may go back and complete the extra challenges. I gotta say, it was a great game, but way too damn short. Would've been nice if they had 2 lvls per game instead of just 1.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:07 pm »
I just finished up Generations. I may go back and complete the extra challenges. I gotta say, it was a great game, but way too damn short. Would've been nice if they had 2 lvls per game instead of just 1.

how bout that final boss tho yikes