Author Topic: Sega Sammy Annual Report 2015  (Read 11414 times)

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
Re: Sega Sammy Annual Report 2015
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 09:57:15 am »
Yeah and its pretty successfull to boot.

Also Kataoka wasn't behind the Lindbergh, that was Hiroshi Yagi, also someone Sato's hardware engineering team since the late seventies. Kataoka however introduced internet functions to arcades and was behind the direction of VF4 and VF5.

In Japan there might be (they have festivals of their mobile division with plenty visitors). Western expansion on mobile will not work out for Sega I think.

The Western Mobile gaming business has extreme untapped potential. There's virtually little to no mainstream game publishing competition in it. SEGA believes if it focuses resources on creating outsourcing development divisions of Sega Networks,Inc across America, it can dominate the market and thus have a much larger marketshare than potential upcoming competitors.

Mobile gaming in the US is mainly and entirely casual, but there's humongous,rich and ripe potential for a cottage industry.

I personally see SEGA easily dominating the mobile market without must trouble or fuss. Sonic Dash continues to be a tremendous success worldwide. And despise being F2P, Sonic Runners is a profitable service IP with around a modest 3-4 million regular users.

Regarding Lindbergh, I see. Also, I forgot that Wonderland Wars was announced at this year's AOU back in February. I wasn't sure it would get released this year at all.

@TA. I don't think you understand. Game budgets are not $30 million at all. The average budget is $50-58 million. The development costs and budgets of console games started spiking during the 7th Gen due to more open world games being developed and larger more development resources and tools.

Also, you don't seem to understand ROE and how a console title has to break even or profit.

In order to break even, a title with an average of $50-80 million needs to sell at least 2 million SKUs in a Quarterly period. Not a fiscal. Investors expect immediate returns and back off when they don't. Most Sega titles fail to even sell 1 million. And even when they do, it's considered lackluster and underperforming. Bayonetta is a perfect example.

You know why Sonic Generations was considered unimpressive? SEGA expected 4 Million, not 2 million within a 12 month period. It needed to sell at least 2 million by March 31,2012 and it did not.

The higher the budget, the more SKUs have to be sold to profit.

Regarding SEGA competing with Capcom and EA, you seem to ignore their past. Like its not relevant to you. Like SEGA's core business never existed in the first place. Like they've always been a software publisher and have always been successful doing so. So what happened during 1983-2001?

EA & Capcom have been publishers from the very start. Sega is an Arcade company and thus makes and profits far more in that business.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 01:45:43 pm »
The average budget is $50-58 million. The development costs and budgets of console games started spiking during the 7th Gen due to more open world games being developed and larger more development resources and tools.

Some games no doubt and no doubt more .. I really doubt the likes of Dark Souls II, III, Forza 5, Battlefield 4 and so on cost $60 million, never mind the likes of Total War, Alien Isolation,Wolfenstin the New Order .

Regarding SEGA competing with Capcom and EA, you seem to ignore their past. Like its not relevant to you. Like SEGA's core business never existed in the first place

EA is much bigger than SEGA, The likes of Capcom, Fromsoftware I don't buy it for a second. SEGA could and should be doing a lot better on the consoles

Sega is an Arcade company and thus makes and profits far more in that business

The clue is in Capcom's name (Capsule Computers) Capcom like SEGA, started life in the Arcades I think you'll find mate

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 08:31:52 pm »
Some games no doubt and no doubt more .. I really doubt the likes of Dark Souls II, III, Forza 5, Battlefield 4 and so on cost $60 million, never mind the likes of Total War, Alien Isolation,Wolfenstin the New Order .

EA is much bigger than SEGA, The likes of Capcom, Fromsoftware I don't buy it for a second. SEGA could and should be doing a lot better on the consoles

The clue is in Capcom's name (Capsule Computers) Capcom like SEGA, started life in the Arcades I think you'll find mate

EA is a gigantic multibillion dollar publisher with about $3 billion dollars worth of assets. SEGA Holdings,Ltd is worth 518.3 billion yen. That's around $53 billion dollars. Camparing the two is like Apples & Oranges.

Capcom is a much younger and SMALLER company than SEGA. With very few Arcade resources and extremely miniscle Marketshare in the Arcade business. SEGA doesn't need to sell 3rd party games at all. The profit comes from its Amusement divisions. The console games division is now nothing more than a necessity. It doesn't make enough money and since SEGA is financially healthy unlike say 2002, they have little use for it.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 03:24:17 am »
EA is a gigantic multibillion dollar publisher with about $3 billion dollars worth of assets. SEGA Holdings,Ltd is worth 518.3 billion yen. That's around $53 billion dollars. Camparing the two is like Apples & Oranges

I'm not on about EA . Capcom and Fromsoftware aren't bigger than SEGA.

Capcom is a much younger and SMALLER company than SEGA

I know those for me are reasons why SEGA should be doing a hell of a lot better

SEGA doesn't need to sell 3rd party games at all

It's getting to the stage when that is right and most people won't give a toss if SEGA never made a home game again . Pretty sad to see what happened to SEGA Japan.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:48 am »
EA is a gigantic multibillion dollar publisher with about $3 billion dollars worth of assets. SEGA Holdings,Ltd is worth 518.3 billion yen. That's around $53 billion dollars. Camparing the two is like Apples & Oranges.

Once again, you've botched the exchange rate. JPY 518.3 billion = USD 4.19 billion.

Also, EA's market cap is currently USD 20.78 billion.

You can look this stuff up on Google. It fluctuates daily.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 04:32:36 am »
Once again, you've botched the exchange rate. JPY 518.3 billion = USD 4.19 billion.

Also, EA's market cap is currently USD 20.78 billion.

You can look this stuff up on Google. It fluctuates daily.

Your off by a decimal.

$4.19 billion is not a real number at all. 4 billion dollars is 42.5 billion yen.

500 Billion Yen equals to $48 billion. Remember the extra decimal

Market Cap is meaningless when you have little resources and only a few venture markets. Cash Flow is everything.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:34:41 am by EnternalHope »

Offline Centrale

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Your off by a decimal.

$4.19 billion is not a real number at all. 4 billion dollars is 42.5 billion yen.

500 Billion Yen equals to $48 billion. Remember the extra decimal

Market Cap is meaningless when you have little resources and only a few venture markets. Cash Flow is everything.

You're the one who's off by a decimal!  ;-D This isn't up for debate, this is mathematics.

And what on earth are you talking about, $4.19 billion is not a real number? It's an abbreviation, rather than typing out $4,190,000,000.

Your exchange rate is out of date and off by an order of magnitude. Get your numbers correct!  You seem to think that a Yen is worth roughly 1/10 of a dollar, when it's closer to 1/100.

Here's Google's current listing of the exchange rate. I've added commas in red to make it easier to see since you're having trouble with simple division.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 04:08:31 am »
You're the one who's off by a decimal!  ;-D This isn't up for debate, this is mathematics.

And what on earth are you talking about, $4.19 billion is not a real number? It's an abbreviation, rather than typing out $4,190,000,000.

Your exchange rate is out of date and off by an order of magnitude. Get your numbers correct!  You seem to think that a Yen is worth roughly 1/10 of a dollar, when it's closer to 1/100.

Here's Google's current listing of the exchange rate. I've added commas in red to make it easier to see since you're having trouble with simple division.

American Currency rounds out to an even zero. I thought you knew that. After 4.9 it would be 5.0. It would not go past 9.

Machine Currency generators are always going to round out Yen with multiple digit zeros when converting to US Dollars , so your likely rounding it out without counting how many digits that the yen actually has.

Also, Yen is divided by half. Its incredibly simple.

$1 is equal to around 100 yen.

$10 is equal to 975 Yen.

$100 is equal to 9988 yen.

And vice versa.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 10:29:23 am »
You're just spouting nonsense when you could simply say, "oh, my mistake, I stand corrected."