Author Topic: The unknown up and coming games topic  (Read 23777 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: The unknown up and coming games topic
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 05:34:55 pm »
I think it was you who mentioned Deathsmiles first and at that time I noticed that it had the same european publisher as Deadly Premonition, so I started to really get into it.

I gotta admit the price tag is very impressive for a special edition that includes soundtrack and a disc with PC stuff.

To my surprise, there's also a game listed for release in March called Raiden Fighters Aces, which is a compilation of 3 games from an old arcade franchise.

Doesn't get any more hardcore than that.

But now that you mention it, there seems to be a huge blackout about Rise of Nightmares.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:44 am »
It would be awesome if we learned a beloved SEGA dev or director was behind Rise of Nightmares. Or better yet, that it's a spin-off of House of the Dead. Though I welcome a new IP.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 08:01:13 am »
Okay, I just cannot believe this is happening. I absolutely love DeathSmiles and Guwange by CAVE - A developer only known for shmups, but damn good ones. In fact, I used to hate the genre all together, and well, these guys really changed me. Not to say all of their games look as brilliant as the ones I already played, but I am rambling, so let me finish!

In their games I played, I thought the way content and depth was handled was absolutely wonderful, but it would always come to me that I thought they really just should make a brilliant platformer. With all of their concepts they used in stuff like DeathSmiles, they could just absolutely make a wonderful platformer, but it did not seem like something they would do.

Well, they are! And it looks fantastic! I love absolutely everything I am seeing here. Holy balls, I cannot believe how pumped I am for an XBLA title!

[youtube:3ttczaqb]49sZs1AZQR4[/youtube:3ttczaqb]

Getting Nin2-Jump (or Nin Nin Jump) day one for sure, even if the price is retarded.

Details:

Cave's next Xbox Live Arcade game won't be a shooter. Up next for the shooting masters is an original scrolling action game called Nin-2 Jump (pronounced Nin Nin Jump).

Announced at Cave's Akihabara press conference and demo event today, Nin Nin Jump puts you in control of Nin Ja, a powerful ninja in the service of the castle. You'll have to work through various stages in an effort to save Princess Sakura who's been kidnapped by the evil ninja Namakura.

Gameplay promises to be simple, with players making use of jumps and ninja actions. As you progress through the game, you'll unlock additional ninja actions. Examples include:

Chain
Toss a chain at hooks on walls to dash from wall to wall.

Ninja Power
Build up ninja power by collecting scrolls. When you unleash your stored ninja power, you can dash through the stages while taking out enemies.

In the screenshots, you'll notice some silhouette figures watching the action. Those are meant to be spectators -- specifically kids watching a "shadow play." The kids will show different reactions based off your play.

The game offers two modes:

Adventure Mode
Work through the story as you play through five worlds. Each world consists of 10 stages, which you clear by collecting all the scrolls laying about. At the end of each world, you'll find a boss waiting. Clear a world, and you'll gain new ninja actions.

Score Attack Mode
Part survival and part score attack, this mode has you kill as many enemies as you can before your life runs out. Enemies appear endlessly. By making consecutive kills, you'll get a large amount of score items which can increase your score.

Both modes are compatible with network rankings. Adventure mode's ranking is based off time. Score Attack's ranking is based off score.

Nin-2 Jump is due for Xbox Live Arcade release some time this year.

Screens at the link

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... p_preview/

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 02:00:27 am »
Colour me intrigued.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 08:56:12 am »
De Blob 2 releases today! I might just pick it up this weekend. I'm always in need of more 360 platformers.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:11 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
De Blob 2 releases today! I might just pick it up this weekend. I'm always in need of more 360 platformers.
Guess it's about time I finally play the first one that's been sitting on my shelf for 6 months.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:50 am »
Great previews of Gunstringer:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/the-gu ... ts-target/
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/24/the-g ... r-preview/

and an interview:
[youtube:2rfkohqn]0qhAEqMUlPk[/youtube:2rfkohqn]

I'm starting to think a Virtua Cop would be totally possible on Kinect.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »
[youtube:9s6l80l5]liy-hy5RPYw[/youtube:9s6l80l5]

Wouldn't it be easier just to make out!? Or I don't know... have sex?

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »
You've been listening to that Huey Lewis song for a really long time.  Is it on repeat?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »
Anyone thought about Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective from Capcom? Shu Takumi of Ace Attorney fame was involved.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2011, 12:21:13 am »
Quote from: "Chaosmaster8753"
Anyone thought about Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective from Capcom? Shu Takumi of Ace Attorney fame was involved.

I'm playing it right now, and really enjoying it. The interface is a bit reminiscent of the Ace Attorney games, but the gameplay has more in common with echoshift. It's really good though. I'm interested to see where the story goes. It's got the same great writing of the Phoenix Wright games too :).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 10:13:30 am »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »
Really awesome XBLA retail release announced:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43503/Limbo-T ... tail-bound

I own all three, but they still make for a great collection. $30, save $10 AND you get 160 msp.

Better than Dreamcast Collection.

C'mon SEGA! SEGA Rally Online, OutRun Online Arcade, After Burner Climax disc release would make $$$

Offline Chicklet188

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011, 10:03:40 pm »
Jurassic Park

On the stormy night when Jurassic Park fell apart, a desperate smuggler infiltrates Isla Nublar, hunting the precious canister containing the contraband dinosaur embryos. She collides -- literally -- with park staff trying to evacuate, and they become stranded amidst the collapsing park ruins, with the newly-freed dinosaurs on the loose. When InGen launches a perilous rescue operation, mercenaries, saboteurs, and survivors are thrown together in the struggle to escape the island.

In this intense adventure game based on the blockbuster film franchise, the survivors' agendas clash, secrets of the park are exposed, and a new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.

Should be awesome.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 10:43:36 am »
Quote from: "Chicklet188"
Jurassic Park

On the stormy night when Jurassic Park fell apart, a desperate smuggler infiltrates Isla Nublar, hunting the precious canister containing the contraband dinosaur embryos. She collides -- literally -- with park staff trying to evacuate, and they become stranded amidst the collapsing park ruins, with the newly-freed dinosaurs on the loose. When InGen launches a perilous rescue operation, mercenaries, saboteurs, and survivors are thrown together in the struggle to escape the island.

In this intense adventure game based on the blockbuster film franchise, the survivors' agendas clash, secrets of the park are exposed, and a new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.

Should be awesome.

I'm super excited for Jurassic Park. I've always loved the franchise and TellTale makes excellent adventure games so I am very, very eager to play it! :mrgreen:
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!