Author Topic: Vanquish official thread!  (Read 79614 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Vanquish official thread!
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 09:42:53 pm »
Another idea I think might be cool is if one person played as Elena in a ship above the playfield and had to send in items for Sam and pick up civilians or wounded soldiers, maybe some scrap metal to build turrets or something. It might be cool in a co-op setting because you could also give Sam information on what was coming up while watching out for enemy fire herself without any cutscenes coming up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 10:28:33 pm »
Actually Naughty Dog has a team that does multiplayer and a team that does single player. So their games are not really slowed down, 2 years of development time on the 'only single player' Uncharted and 2 years on Uncharted 2.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:20 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
If this game bombs and I never get a sequal it is on your heads!

*Meanwhile at Platinum Games HQ*
Mr Sega, sir, we are ready to start work on Vanquish 2: Hilary's Revenge, could we get some budget figures now?

"Sorry guys, but the sales for the game were exactly 3 copies short of our quota. Please send in Iizuka on your way out, we'll need him to make another 7 Sonic games for the coming year..."

Hey seriously though, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on sales I've seen... don't get your hopes up for a sequel.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 11:50:17 pm »
Ill fucking kill you.

Buy more.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 01:16:42 am »
Quote from: "George"
The 3 limited weapons will be on sale on PSN in a month or so. I read that its only exclusive for awhile.

I know that. But I dont wanna wait till it ;p

Quote from: "Sharky"
If this game bombs and I never get a sequal it is on your heads!

Oh, I'm pretty sure this game is not coming to be a big hit even in Japan. Everybody is playing Naruto Storm 2...

Thats why Im here looking for the codes! I dont know any people who has bought the game  :shock:  ANY!!!

Oh, yeah! Ryan, did you have the code?

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 03:46:22 am »
Is there anything know about first day sales in Japan? When it bombs even there, this game is gonna fail very hard I think  :evil:

I'm looking forward to the charts in the next days, hopefully the sales won't be so bad as expected...
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline STORM!

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 04:03:10 am »
First day sales:

Vanquish PS3= 47.000
 Vanquish XB= 9.000

Naruto Storm 2 PS3= 72.000
 Naruto Storm 2 XB= 13.000

FIFA 11 PS3= 21.000

Bandai Namco has beaten Sega. Sega has beaten Bandai Namco last year with Bayonetta X Tekken 6...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 04:59:17 am »
Quote from: "Alex Supersonic"
Is there anything know about first day sales in Japan? When it bombs even there, this game is gonna fail very hard I think  :evil:

What ever made you think Vanquish would be a big hit there? It was not and never was designed for the Japanese market in mind, purely for the Western markets. If I recall correctly, SEGA isn't even expecting much from there, like only a around 100,000.

Offline Alex Supersonic

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 06:05:51 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Quote from: "Alex Supersonic"
Is there anything know about first day sales in Japan? When it bombs even there, this game is gonna fail very hard I think :evil:

What ever made you think Vanquish would be a big hit there? It was not and never was designed for the Japanese market in mind, purely for the Western markets.

- it's made by Mikami
- it has a lot (only) roboter action in it, japanese people like that
- got high scores from japanese magazines

I think, that even if the game was made more for the western, it appeals a lot for the japanese gamers too.

47.000 on first day in Japan isn't that bad.

I don't think that western sales will be higher than the japanese one (except XBOX360)... we will see
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline STORM!

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 07:23:08 am »
 I think Vanquish is not appealing for any market; its just a cool shooter action game.

However, it has everything to do success in Japan. The only issue is the difficult. Like me, Japanese people dont like hard games too much.

Talking about sales, if Im not wrong, PN03 sold 10.000 in Japan.

LOL! I think Vanquish should be considered a huge success in Japan now XDDD

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 12:29:33 pm »
This is the coolest movie I've ever played... not to insult the game, but the cut-scenes are so damn pretty. The story isn't the best or worst thing ever, but it's presented so well that I don't wish for anything more.

I'm loving the game itself. After I got more accustomed to the controls and slow-down aiming, it became incredible. No other game has so much going on at once, Gears and Halo should take notes on how to present a huge battle without seeming cheap.

I hope they can add to it with DLC, but I'm sure they won't.

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 01:23:40 pm »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... blog-entry <----This is from a Vanquish review:

George, where you at boy?
However, over the years gaming became more of a mainstream pastime and the arcade format became more and more irrelevant to the ways in which home games were actually being played.
[/i]
The gameplay in Vanquish feels alive.  It is a gameplay-centric instead of content-centric game the way games used to be in the old-school.  It makes me feel alive, it has an energy that is conveyed through the gameplay. It's not run and gun, but cover, slide, and gun which is the same difference. It's arcadey and pure.  Play the challenges before anyone bitches about the game length.  This is a game for real gamers not movie watchers and mindless big name franchise whores.

Buy this game or get out the frick'n hobby.

rest of the review:

But Vanquish is different. It's not really a content-driven game. Your first playthrough will most likely take between seven or eight hours (excluding cut-scenes), but the chances are you'll finish the game knowing that you could do so much better playing it through again - and crucially, that you'll have plenty of fun doing it. Vanquish retains the immortality angle of modern gaming, but deducts your score to reflect how many times you die during gameplay just like the "continues" from days of yore. It'll let you battle through in an infinite lives-fuelled war of attrition against the campaign mode if you really want to, but the real key to success is in learning how to play the game well.

The long-term appeal is based exclusively on the idea that you are given a phenomenal range of combat mechanics and the game encourages you to push them to their limits. It's a game that practically begs you to play and replay it because the reward isn't in completing it, it's in experiencing it. Vanquish becomes ever-cooler the better you become playing it.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 04:27:16 pm »
^holy shit i have to buy it now
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 05:27:00 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
^holy shit i have to buy it now
You always had to buy it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 05:33:00 pm »
Double Rainbow Post,

No Storm! I didn't get the weapon code... I'm waiting for it to be released for download. I'm sure it will be.
Made by SEGA