Author Topic: SEGA files WIPO application for SEGA Interactive,Ltd.  (Read 22772 times)

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
Re: SEGA files WIPO application for SEGA Interactive,Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 01:06:18 am »
TA I think you fail to grasp that its not the 90s anymore and having 'cutting edge' graphics card doesn't mean anything in arcades. Its about the experience more now than 'cutting edge'. Games on arcades make less money than the 80s and 90s and having higher tier hardware will not only cost SEGA, but potential developers MORE money that doesn't exist in this market. That is the reason that all arcade manufactures are making more mid-tier type mobile games (sadly).

It made sense in the 80s and 90s to push the boundaries of arcades via being the first to do a lot of things like texture mapping, physics and all that stuff because people spent money in arcades.

I don't mind the smaller arcade projects being done but SEGA is going to have to transition its arcade teams to do console, PC and mobile games instead of just letting the talent go.

This is why SEGA is stepping it up in the Arcade department. Since its almost 2016, it's pretty obvious SEGA's got new, cutting edge boards cooking up for AOU 2016.(RE2 will be 4 years old so its likely there's a RingEdge 3 and a RingWide 2). I can't wait to see what surprises SEGA has in store for AOU next February.

SEGA needs to reclaim their Arcade crown.

A brand and new hardware aren't the same thing... I would much rather SEGA just continue pumping out great games for whichever device they think it best suits, than be restricted to one device.

Your opinion is respected. But as for me, I want SEGA to succeed and GROW as a company. Not just as a publisher, but as both an Arcade giant and non gaming corporation. Too me, SEGA games are nothing if nobody buys them.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 07:00:43 am »
TA I think you fail to grasp that its not the 90s anymore and having 'cutting edge' graphics card doesn't mean anything in arcades. Its about the experience more now than 'cutting edge'. Games on arcades make less money than the 80s and 90s and having higher tier hardware will not only cost SEGA, but potential developers MORE money that doesn't exist in this market. That is the reason that all arcade manufactures are making more mid-tier type mobile games (sadly).
Again way to miss the point . I'm only making the poin that Namco and the likes of Tatio make more powerful Arcade boards that's all. I'm not trying to make out that SEGA should be making more powerful Arcade boards than the consoles . Only some here say SEGA is a world leader and while for Arcade games, that is the case, for Arcade tech that isn't quite the case.

That's all

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 10:45:27 am »
Your opinion is respected. But as for me, I want SEGA to succeed and GROW as a company. Not just as a publisher, but as both an Arcade giant and non gaming corporation. Too me, SEGA games are nothing if nobody buys them.

These two statements seem conflicting... Surely you see that their games being on more devices means more people will get a chance to play them? Let's say football Manager, one of the most played series of all time was moved from PC/Steam, PS Vita, phones and tablets to a single SEGA device... That would absolutely shit on sales figures and cause huge public outrage.
Made by SEGA

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 10:57:11 am »
These two statements seem conflicting... Surely you see that their games being on more devices means more people will get a chance to play them? Let's say football Manager, one of the most played series of all time was moved from PC/Steam, PS Vita, phones and tablets to a single SEGA device... That would absolutely shit on sales figures and cause huge public outrage.

Sega games has been on many devices since 2002. Trouble is, in 2009, people stopped caring for them and buying them.

Again, SEGA needs to GROW an adapt beyond just a game publisher. That's not just what they are all about. I want them to become an even BIGGER company and make profit in all sorts of ways gaming wise and non gaming wise.

Again way to miss the point . I'm only making the poin that Namco and the likes of Tatio make more powerful Arcade boards that's all. I'm not trying to make out that SEGA should be making more powerful Arcade boards than the consoles . Only some here say SEGA is a world leader and while for Arcade games, that is the case, for Arcade tech that isn't quite the case.That's all

There WILL be a RINGEDGE 3 and RINGWIDE 2 soon.

Mark my words.

Also, NEVER underestimate what SEGA is capable of Arcade wise.  There's a reason why their Arcade departments and divisions are regrouping and expanding.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:04:39 am by EnternalHope »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »
Sega games has been on many devices since 2002. Trouble is, in 2009, people stopped caring for them and buying them.
Not true, SEGA have been doing far better recently than they were in the early 2000's and the games I mentioned sell incredibly well... SEGA are very invested in PC development and I see no indication of that changing. Hell PC only Warhammer Total War has 3 games coming out all the way into 2018...

Again, SEGA needs to GROW an adapt beyond just a game publisher. That's not just what they are all about. I want them to become an even BIGGER company and make profit in all sorts of ways gaming wise and non gaming wise.
What you want and what is really happening seem to be at odds. You're kidding yourself.
I'm not even sure why you are putting so much stock in Ringwide/edge boards they were nothing out of the ordinary.
Made by SEGA

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:42 pm »
Not true, SEGA have been doing far better recently than they were in the early 2000's and the games I mentioned sell incredibly well... SEGA are very invested in PC development and I see no indication of that changing. Hell PC only Warhammer Total War has 3 games coming out all the way into 2018...

What you want and what is really happening seem to be at odds. You're kidding yourself.
I'm not even sure why you are putting so much stock in Ringwide/edge boards they were nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm talking about the 3rd party consumer business in general. It hasn't posted any revenue or ROE since 2009. In fact, it started declining in profitability in 2007 shortly after the release of Sonic 2006. Maybe the reputation of the game started hurting Sega Corp's reputation as whole.

PC? If SEGA were to release another home consumer product of their own, it would NOT stop them from supporting the PC business. They did PC publishing back in the 90s as well. SEGA has pretty much embraced the PC gaming business and is currently the most PC centric Japanese publisher out there. Its too profitable and is where the majority of their most loyal and hardcore fans are.

Why am I with the RING series boards? Because its BEEN successful. It caused SEGA's Amusement Machine Sales' dept to start climbing in black. It was extremely profitable and really helped make large profit for SEGA's core business helping turn the operating losses Lindbergh and Europa-R were taking due to overpriced operating expenses completely around.

RINGWIDE was basically a super cheap low budget variation of Europa-R. It was for current gen games. RINGEDGE 1 was pretty cutting edge for 2009. This was 3 years before Wii U. RE1 was barely behind PS4's base performance. Remember, it got an upgrade in 2012. (The PS4 was over a year away).

It makes PERFECT sense for SEGA Interactive to keep focusing on the RING series line. Its made them MONEY. Upgrading them and developing more titles is a no brainier.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:42 am »
And when do you expect SEGA to reveal this new console? Give us a time frame?
Made by SEGA

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 07:03:50 am »
Conisdering that SEGA dumped garbage like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on consoles and neglects to advertise the better stuff, plus games on Steam just being a lot cheaper, yes I can see where the idea that SEGA fans liking PC would come from.

Of course, if you're interested in the Japan-only stuff, you may need to keep at least a PS4 on hand.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 11:54:17 am »
Conisdering that SEGA dumped garbage like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on consoles and neglects to advertise the better stuff, plus games on Steam just being a lot cheaper, yes I can see where the idea that SEGA fans liking PC would come from.

Of course, if you're interested in the Japan-only stuff, you may need to keep at least a PS4 on hand.

Aliens Colonial Marines had little to do with SEGA. Why are they being blamed for a game that they outsourced to Gearbox, took 7 years to develop because said developer dragged their feet and misused funds that belonged to SEGA and then CONNED people into thinking the game was amazing, only then to throw the publisher under the bus when buyer's remorse set in?

Rise of Lyric? I seem to recall alot of whining,complaining from Sonic fanatics about Lost World being too mediocre and DEMANDING that Sega make a Generations 2 or Quote "Have somebody else make a Sonic title besides Sonic Team". Like Colonial Marines, SEGA outsourced development of Sonic Boom.

ROL is the result of being overzealous and ungrateful. When you have immature tantrums from a generation of gamers who are double minded,self righteous and douchey, this is the result. You make you your bed. Those fans whining about ROL have nobody to blame but themselves.

SEGA NEVER neglected to advertise better titles. THEY did. They just didn't sell well at all. PERIOD. Why do you keep overlooking that?

PS4? Nope. The library is riddled with the filth of Western made garbage that's ruining the industry. Japanese support for PS4 is extremely niche especially with Sega Games.(makes sense because domestically the PS4 has sold dismally and has a very small install base and is now performing similar to Vita levels, which is NOT a good thing) All the better stuff is on Steam and Mobile. MAINLY Mobile.

And since Sega  Networks,Inc is being outsourced across the States, nobody has to hope or complain about localization.

And when do you expect SEGA to reveal this new console? Give us a time frame?

When? Easy. When SEGA Holdings,Ltd opens for public trading and once SEGA Interactive,Ltd becomes fully established.

Basically when SEGA finds its consumer audience, gains more financial backing and investors and is done completely restoring their "Brand" thus shedding away Sega Sammy Holdings completely as the group completely transforms into SEGA Holdings.

I'd say in the next 2-3 years with the beginning as early as 2016 and late as 2018.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:11:53 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 06:45:28 pm »
2016-2018.

Remember that date folks.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 09:34:18 pm »
2016-2018.

Remember that date folks.

It's already recorded in the Book of Grudges.
Made by SEGA

Offline MykonosFan

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2015, 04:50:14 pm »

Rise of Lyric? I seem to recall alot of whining,complaining from Sonic fanatics about Lost World being too mediocre and DEMANDING that Sega make a Generations 2 or Quote "Have somebody else make a Sonic title besides Sonic Team". Like Colonial Marines, SEGA outsourced development of Sonic Boom.

ROL is the result of being overzealous and ungrateful. When you have immature tantrums from a generation of gamers who are double minded,self righteous and douchey, this is the result. You make you your bed. Those fans whining about ROL have nobody to blame but themselves.

SEGA NEVER neglected to advertise better titles. THEY did. They just didn't sell well at all. PERIOD. Why do you keep overlooking that?

ROL sucked. Sorry. Blaming players for the quality of the game is pretty ace, too. You've got a chip on your shoulder for some weird reason, and it shows.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 08:03:12 pm »
Rise of Lyric's reason for existing is far more complex than simply blaming the fans, and in the end it was not the fan's fault. It was SEGA of America's and Big Red Button Entertainment.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »
Rise of Lyric's reason for existing is far more complex than simply blaming the fans, and in the end it was not the fan's fault. It was SEGA of America's and Big Red Button Entertainment.

It was Sega of America's fault for hiring and outsourcing an inexperienced developer. BigRedButton's fault for not handling the game's development table professionally and being completely incompetent in managing it and fanatics for convincing Sega to cause Sonic Team not to publish another Sonic console title. And Console Gamers for ignoring Sonic Generations for Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3  and for NITPICKING every little thing about Sonic. EVERYTHING.