Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281561 times)

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:29 am »
In the sequel, I can walk up to a person sitting on a bench and smash the shit out said bench, then watch that person freak out. 10/10

Attack the cats if you find one.

Hated those QTE deaths on the first game. -_-

I am liking Bayo 2 more for this reason.  Also when sometimes you start battle when it followed a cutscene the enemy can get away with a free hit if you weren't prepared.  Bayonetta 2 (of what I played I"m about chapter 5) has been behaving itself better in that way.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #586 on: November 21, 2014, 11:19:37 pm »
Finally started playing. Bayonetta is better than i remember it. I thought I was doing quite good, untill platinum decided to throw me off guard quick lol The game is kicking my ass! But man. I am playing this alongside other games. And where i sometimes get kind of bored or want to rush myself through a game, this just makes me want to continue and perform better and stays exciting. Such a well designed game. There's only a few that understand how you can impact a player the way platinum does. What a game
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:00:40 am by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #587 on: November 24, 2014, 05:02:24 am »
Playing a bit more I think I like it better than I used. not surr if its being older and more focussed or simply forgetting how i felt back then. But now I think bayonetta may be the best franchise ever made. I am not even playing the 2nd game yet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #588 on: November 24, 2014, 08:14:35 am »
^Where are you up to now? So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Also the second game does not disappoint in the slightest, they've managed to keep everything that made the first game great and build on it.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #589 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:42 am »
I'm just done with route 666. Gotta love the music in that stage. Chapter 9 now. I remember loving this bit with the ambient music and antigravity platforming. Im progressing well right now

I think the reason why I like it more this time is because the last time i finished it, I wan't very focussed. I only cared about getting through it and not like now performing well. I was playing more laid back, back then while now im crunching my teeth and sweating like crazy

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #590 on: November 24, 2014, 10:55:02 am »
I'm just done with route 666. Gotta love the music in that stage. Chapter 9 now. I remember loving this bit with the ambient music and antigravity platforming. Im progressing well right now

I think the reason why I like it more this time is because the last time i finished it, I wan't very focussed. I only cared about getting through it and not like now performing well. I was playing more laid back, back then while now im crunching my teeth and sweating like crazy

Oh man the music was so gooooood! I have to say there was one bit in Bayo 2 I was gutted they didn't use similar music. You'll probably know it when you get to it.

And yeah, Bayonetta is best played hard and fast and getting through by the skin of your teeth! Have you learnt 'Dodge offset' yet? I didn't get the hang of it until I was playing Bayo 2 and part way through, but it's very useful.

Basically hold the attack buttons when comboing, so even basic like Punch, Kick, Punch, you should Hold down Punch for a full second, then Kick for a full second then Punch. While holding, bayo will fire the guns on her limbs. This means you can do an evade while firing and then in witch time, let go of the button and press the next one. The combo will continue uninterrupted and you can go straight into the Wicked Weave and more damaging bits of the combo! It's not just for high-scores, as you do more damage with the combos this way.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:17 am »
Holy shit! I remember doing that once but I didnt know you could continue combos when doing that. Oh wow man thanks. That's gonna be useful. Wouldn't be a platinum game if the first playthrough WASN'T the tutorial. It was the same thing with wonderful 101. Speaking of which, I only realize now how similar w101 is to bayonetta, surprisingly.

Yeah i'm curious about the 2nd game's music. Hope its even better but i'll see. Honestly cant wait haha. Its encouraging me going through bayo 1. I think i'll be done in the next few days

Edit: In reaction to the other thread. It's a lot better now. I was getting my ass kicked but doing much better now. Getting golds mostly and some platinums now and then
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:32:59 am by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #592 on: November 25, 2014, 12:03:22 pm »
Gamechanger mademang. Cant believe we only find out about it now... You can even do 2 evades. Its absolutly amazing how you can just press evade and connect the next action. All I could think of is "have been playing this wrong the whole time". Surprised the game never explains it.

It gives a lot of breathing time. My new style is backing off with 2 evades evading an attack or not, and then continue the combo. Those alfheim missions btw really help learning the mechanics. It was one of those elfheim missions that got me to master it. There was one where you could only kill with wicked weave attacks. So I had to back off a lot of times from them to charge up the ppkkk combo. Usually doing 2 evades away from them when holding down the first kick in the combo. Those last 2 (weave attack) kicks do a lot of damage.

Btw, does anyone use any other weapons than the guns? I recall using the sword a lot in my last playthrough years ago, but now I only sticked with the guns so far.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:23:17 pm by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #593 on: November 25, 2014, 12:30:45 pm »
Gamechanger mademang. Cant believe we only find out about it now... You can even do 2 evades. Its absolutly amazing how you can just press evade and connect the next action. All I could think of is "have been playing this wrong the whole time". Surprised the game never explains it.

It gives a lot of breathing time. My new style is backing off with 2 evades, evading an attack or not, and then continue the attacks. Those alfheim missions btw really help learning the mechanics. It was one of those elfheim missions that got me to master it. There was one where you could only kill with wicked weave attacks. So I had to back off a lot of times from them to charge up the ppkkk combo. Usually doing 2 evades away from them when holding the first kick in the combo. Those last 2 (weave attack) kicks do a lot of damage.

Btw, does anyone use any other weapons than the guns? I recall using the sword a lot in my last playthrough years ago, but now I only sticked with the guns so far.

Nice! It's so much fun when you get the hang of it. Like you, I didn't use it my first time through, only really 'got it' when I was playing Bayonetta 2 and made a concious decision to try and use it. So good.

The game does actually teach you how to do it, but instead of being in a tutorial it's just one of Antonio's Notes and doesn't explain it very well. I guess they gloss over it because it's not really 'required' and might scare off newer players if they had to do it in a tutorial?

As for weapons in Bayonetta 1: I used to use the shotguns (Onyx Rose?) a lot. They do absolutely disgusting damage at close range with the free aim, and you can use all your regular combos as well since they have the same move-set.

I remember I enjoyed using the bazookas (Lt Col Kilgore) a as well, but that was a bit more gimmicky or for Halo Farming.

Finally the claws were pretty cool and fun to use.

In Bayo 2 I fell in love with the Bow and Arrow and another weapon I wont spoil for you :)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:04 am »
Nice! All the options have been overwhelming me tbh. I've been sticking with the guns, but I see myself finishing this game a second  time over the next few months with all the different weapons. Definitely gonna consider the onyx shotgun . Also Gonna try to platinum the whole game eventually. These 2 games are gonna keep my attention for a long while it seems.

Edit: Oh yeah and the nintendo costumes. May try the metroid one
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:55:43 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2014, 11:57:09 am »
Nice! All the options have been overwhelming me tbh. I've been sticking with the guns, but I see myself finishing this game a second  time over the next few months with all the different weapons. Definitely gonna consider the onyx shotgun . Also Gonna try to platinum the whole game eventually. These 2 games are gonna keep my attention for a long while it seems.

Edit: Oh yeah and the nintendo costumes. May try the metroid one

Don't forget you can have two sets at any given time, I would keep Scarborough Fair on set A, and then experiment with Set B.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #596 on: November 26, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »
It seems that every weapon takes some time to get used to :P . I just wanted to git gud with one of the weps first and not overwhelm myself with different combo sets etc. I have the sword on my B set but I only changed it once. Ended up deciding not to waste my time learning other weapons yet. Maybe i'm being stubborn, because I imagine some weapons may be a lot more effective, but i'll find that out eventually.

I think i'm almost done. Just dealt with Jeanne for the last time on that skyscraper. What a fight.. I got platinum for both combos and time but damage was bronze. Some of her weave attacks are just way too unpredictable! I think i'll be done by tomorrow

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #597 on: November 26, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »
It seems that every weapon takes some time to get used to :P . I just wanted to git gud with one of the weps first and not overwhelm myself with different combo sets etc. I have the sword on my B set but I only changed it once. Ended up deciding not to waste my time learning other weapons yet. Maybe i'm being stubborn, because I imagine some weapons may be a lot more effective, but i'll find that out eventually.

I think i'm almost done. Just dealt with Jeanne for the last time on that skyscraper. What a fight.. I got platinum for both combos and time but damage was bronze. Some of her weave attacks are just way too unpredictable! I think i'll be done by tomorrow

That fight is so fucking good.

You'll find the sword is pretty similar to the guns for the combos, it differs in more subtle ways (Spin attack instead of manual aiming, ability to charge the attack instead of shooting guns etc)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #598 on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:14 am »
Well I finished it. Holy crap.....

It'ss been what, like 5 years ago now? I didn't remember almost anything about the game. It's crazy how I actually finished it a long time ago, and i've been deceived of thinking I was done 3 times at the ending lmfao. After I defeated balder, then after I defeated that huge mofo, and then the credits all of a sudden disappeared. Damn you platinum! XD. For me playing the first game first was a good decision. Glad it was included. I think jumping right to the next game is gonna make me feel like a pro perhaps (or maybe not)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #599 on: November 27, 2014, 10:33:32 am »
Well I finished it. Holy crap.....

It'ss been what, like 5 years ago now? I didn't remember almost anything about the game. It's crazy how I actually finished it a long time ago, and i've been deceived of thinking I was done 3 times at the ending lmfao. After I defeated balder, then after I defeated that huge mofo, and then the credits all of a sudden disappeared. Damn you platinum! XD. For me playing the first game first was a good decision. Glad it was included. I think jumping right to the next game is gonna make me feel like a pro perhaps (or maybe not)

What difficulty did you finish 1 on? I finished on the hard mode and then went into 'Third Climax' for Bayo 2, felt right (although a bit harder because I had to learn the new enemies etc).

I think you'll really like Bayonetta 2 :) Thankfully all the skills and techniques you unlock in the first game are unlocked from the start in Bayo 2!!