Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 283600 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #525 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:46 am »
SEGA!PG! and nintendo...does that count as political?

I've played the japanese version so i won't say anything until people have played the western game...

Without spoilers can you tell us what you think of the game and how it compares to the original?

I'm hoping some local stores break street date so I can pick it up tonight :) If not I'll just hold out until tomorrow evening after work and check it out. Going to re-play Bayonetta 1 first, which I haven't played in a long while to, to get re-acquainted.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:51 am »
Without spoilers can you tell us what you think of the game and how it compares to the original?

I'm hoping some local stores break street date so I can pick it up tonight :) If not I'll just hold out until tomorrow evening after work and check it out. Going to re-play Bayonetta 1 first, which I haven't played in a long while to, to get re-acquainted.

I like the original. It doesn't help the game's cause to have the original included because it reminds me on how fresh the game was and the direction that Sega was going as a publisher. The sequel is a worthy follow up. Some things i can do without. No real complaints but i prefer the original. On an added note i prefer the 360 controls to the WiiU's for this title which i think aded to it and my frustration over this and the original.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2014, 09:11:52 am »
Just got the special edition bundle with the two games. They come in separate cases, which means two Club Nintendo codes. They do have large USK (German rating) logos on them in Europe though.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:19 am »
Just got the special edition bundle with the two games. They come in separate cases, which means two Club Nintendo codes. They do have large USK (German rating) logos on them in Europe though.

Oh nice, the special edition looks sweet! Shame it was only for Europe!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2014, 09:48:19 am »
^A real shame. It is the first special edition I ordered for any game. It seems extremely limited because it was sold out pretty soon. There's still a couple left now again I think.

Tomorrow it will be mine. Cant wait!

Edit: I dont think ill be able to smile with my jaw dropped lol. I have a feeling a lot of thats gonna happen
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:54:06 am by CrazyT »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #530 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:23 am »
I'll be getting my copy next week unfortunately, waiting for pay day and am applying some Amazon credit towards it.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #531 on: October 23, 2014, 12:23:55 pm »
I like the original. It doesn't help the game's cause to have the original included because it reminds me on how fresh the game was and the direction that Sega was going as a publisher. The sequel is a worthy follow up. Some things i can do without. No real complaints but i prefer the original. On an added note i prefer the 360 controls to the WiiU's for this title which i think aded to it and my frustration over this and the original.

You are basically confirming all my fears regarding this game.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #532 on: October 23, 2014, 02:05:13 pm »
Bayonetta was my game of last gen, wont be getting Bayonetta 2. Don't own any of the new consoles and sure as hell wont be getting a Wii U. Shame but Alas, can't afford to waste so much for just one game.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #533 on: October 23, 2014, 03:17:45 pm »
I couldnt be more hyped for this game. Wish I could just sleep and let time pass by but Im havign a nightshift tonight which sucks.

Havent played bayo 1 since around it came out and honestly i remember almost nothing. For me the fact it is going to be packed in is just insane. An insane amount of value right there. I will have to play 1 first because I just know that going back from 2 to 1 is gonna be harder than one might think. Improvements can be subtle and hard to notice when going forward, but when taking a step back it can become a lot more noticable and maybe discouraging.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2014, 12:17:29 am »
Everything I'm hearing about Bayonetta 2 makes it sound like a far better game than the original, so I'm considering giving it a try. Will probably trade in my remaining 360 library for it (since my 360 broke.)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:36 am »
I got screwed pretty hard today. Had ordered the first print edition and didn't receive any confirmation message yesterday about my order. Seems they scrapped my order without telling me and now not only am I not gonna play the game for the upcoming days, but getting the first print edition seems almost impossible!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sigh. I may find somebody who could sell it to me for an extra 10 euro's. That would become 80 euro total for the whole thing instead of the 70 I was gonna get it  for. I'm mad as fuck...... but I must have this thing of beauty

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:48 am »
^Who screwed you over by cancelling the order without notice!?

I'm planning on picking it up tonight, I didn't pre-order since there's no special edition for NA. It also seems like everyone in Canada just goes out at RRP for every game, very different to Australia where prices were very competitive at launch.

Guess I'll go to EB games and if they are sold out there's a mom 'n' pop store nearby too. And if they are BOTH sold out, I'll go to Bestbuy which is far away. I doubt they'll be sold out though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2014, 09:17:43 am »
Seeing as this is the drama topic now, I want to apologize for my idiot comments when Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Wii U exclusive:

Best to not do a podcast tonight. All I will do is cuss and swear. Really, this IS a slap in the face to Bayonetta fans. To be honest, I don’t want to buy a fucking Wii U for that type of game. I will not suck Nintendo’s dick for that title. Now I get that SEGA does exclusives, but at least do exclusives that make sense. Keep IPs consistant on a platform. Not some bullshit like Shenmue 2 being cancelled in the US and shifting to XBOX. Imagine if Yakuza 5 was a Wii U exclusive, fans would rage.

Bayonetta 2 will end up being one of those games I don’t play for a long time, at least until I buy a Wii U wich I would… used at a lower price.

1. I bought a fucking Wii U, lol
2. I very much did suck Nintendo's dick
3. Shenmue 2 shifted to Xbox was stupid, but not comparable to Bayo 2 on Wii U
4. I'm playing the game on release. It did not end up being a game that I "don’t play for a long time"
5. I bought my Wii U new, albeit after the price drop (Zelda bundle)

Haha! Man what a whiner I was. Fuck.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2014, 08:49:19 pm »
Some huge webshop im never going to order from again. But I already found someone who is willing to sell me it for a little extra. Thankfully i overworked a little bit this week so ill consider that as compensation.

The impressions at various places are just "too" positive. Sucks that i cant play this weekend but oh well! More time fot other stuff i guess!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »
I'm so fucking angry that America didn't get a first print edition. What the fuck, Nintendo? Just like SEGA did with Bayonetta 1...