Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280274 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2014, 05:49:26 am »
I think you're really just trying to see something that isn't there CrazyT. I mean your point was that because Platinum was working under Nintendo it ensured them to develop a better game. That is relevant to the discussion because The Wonderful 101 was developed entirely with Nintendo's helped whilst Bayonetta 2 started under the supervision of SEGA and then moved to Nintendo.

Not everything has to be contributed to Nintendo being there, sometimes it's entirely down to the developer and I think this is a case of Platinum being great and a critical darling got a sequel. I mean you saw Games Radar gave it a lower review but places like EDGE and Eurogamer seemed consistent with the numbers.

Also hyperbole about games never being topped are always the worst reviews. The GTA4 comment about an Oscar worthy story still gets me everytime.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2014, 07:47:46 am »
I think you're really just trying to see something that isn't there CrazyT. I mean your point was that because Platinum was working under Nintendo it ensured them to develop a better game. That is relevant to the discussion because The Wonderful 101 was developed entirely with Nintendo's helped whilst Bayonetta 2 started under the supervision of SEGA and then moved to Nintendo.

Not everything has to be contributed to Nintendo being there, sometimes it's entirely down to the developer and I think this is a case of Platinum being great and a critical darling got a sequel. I mean you saw Games Radar gave it a lower review but places like EDGE and Eurogamer seemed consistent with the numbers.

Also hyperbole about games never being topped are always the worst reviews. The GTA4 comment about an Oscar worthy story still gets me everytime.

Let's not forget Aki the sacred rule with game reviewers today...Thou shalt mark a game higher if it is Nintendo...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2014, 08:12:41 am »

GTAIV's story was so fucking horrible. I can't believe that it got that almost literal praise of being 'oscar worthy'.

Fuck, just thinking about it makes me angry it was so retarded.

FUCK

FUCK.

So I'm  getting my Wii-U this evening on the way home from work, will probably download the demo tomorrow night. I understand it's the prologue so no real spoilers :)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2014, 08:50:19 am »
Now i'm sure you are going to spin this

No not at all. Though the old deal was 5 games and 1st refusal on their next one .  Anyway the deal was bad for SEGA it did nothing much for SEGA in terms of sales and even the only half decent seller for SEGA Bay , SEGA had so little confidence in that they wouldn't fund and publish the game .

It's not just SEGA either its seems that Platinium don't do great sales for Konami or Nintendo and I doubt their XBox One game will be a massive seller either   
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2014, 10:52:45 am »

Not contributing too much to nintendo. just saying the partnership could have been really healthy and played a small factor in addition. I guess we'll find out soon how great the game is but itll still be baseless assumptions untill explicitly stated ofcourse

sadly this has been the case most of the time. I absolutly hated gta4. Thankfully The standalone expansions were much better though

Offline The KKM

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #485 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:37 am »

No not at all. Though the old deal was 5 games and 1st refusal on their next one .  Anyway the deal was bad for SEGA it did nothing much for SEGA in terms of sales and even the only half decent seller for SEGA Bay , SEGA had so little confidence in that they wouldn't fund and publish the game .

It's not just SEGA either its seems that Platinium don't do great sales for Konami or Nintendo and I doubt their XBox One game will be a massive seller either

Platinum's quickly building a reputation of making good games that don't sell. at this point I'm expecting companies to start hiring them more as PR, "this game won't sell but will show we want good games which will hopefully increase expectations of other games"

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #486 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:05 am »
Not contributing too much to nintendo. just saying the partnership could have been really healthy and played a small factor in addition. I guess we'll find out soon how great the game is but itll still be baseless assumptions untill explicitly stated ofcourse

Oh of course without Nintendo we wouldn't have Bayonetta 2, I'm not doubting that.

But Bayonetta 2 being awesome is down to Platinum Games, all they ask from their publishers is to be hands off and let them do their thing, which is more often or not good things. We'll see with both Korra and Scalebound similar level of awesomeness I'm sure.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #487 on: October 16, 2014, 11:42:03 am »

It never was five games. That was never the original deal and you know it.  It was and has always been four. AR is the pick up..and Bay 2 was the continuation which obviously ceased. Even if the games failed which you claim Sega under this regime of sammy would not have BOTHERED to continue with them with a pick up game like AR to begin with. Again I have various sources saying much the same thing including ones where they said it themselves with no shadow of a doubt where the positions are. Not some ambigious comment from a magazine that doesn't specifiy clearly enough what he meant...

But again any reason to troll for another pointles argument without backing ANYTHING up. How typical...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #488 on: October 16, 2014, 11:42:44 am »
Oh of course without Nintendo we wouldn't have Bayonetta 2, I'm not doubting that.

But Bayonetta 2 being awesome is down to Platinum Games, all they ask from their publishers is to be hands off and let them do their thing, which is more often or not good things. We'll see with both Korra and Scalebound similar level of awesomeness I'm sure.
Exactly..the level of Nintendo worshipping and blatant ass kissing that goes on in here and other sega forums is sickening...

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #489 on: October 16, 2014, 12:27:23 pm »
Exactly..the level of Nintendo worshipping and blatant ass kissing that goes on in here and other sega forums is sickening...

Are you kidding me?  Ass kissing?  PG have been quoted numerous times saying how grateful they are to Nintendo and the support given during the development of B2.  Sega and PG had a falling out of some variety, and Nintendo was there to pick up the pieces.  How is pointing that out ass kissery?  We all think PG is a fantastic developer; but the way you and others are desperately trying to discredit/blame Nintendo for nonexistent villainy is just sad.  The game is on Wiiu, probably won't sell very many copies, but is supposedly still a fantastic game.  Why not just enjoy the game and celebrate its existence? 

You people left your brains in the 90's apparently. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #490 on: October 16, 2014, 12:41:28 pm »
You people left your brains in the 90's apparently. 

That's Racist!
(I assume Joe is black)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #491 on: October 16, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »
Lol,

We've all gotta admit that a lot of gamer's do kiss Nintendo's ass. I mean, let's be real for one second. If Sony or MS created a lame ass game like Captain Toad, they would get thrown into a pit of shit, but because it's Nintendo, you get a completely different reaction. "Oooh soo cute, look at how Toad holds his breathe while under water"..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #492 on: October 16, 2014, 01:11:23 pm »

That was never the original deal and you know it

No thought it was a 5 game deal and 1st refusal on any new Platinum game . The deal didn't do much for SEGA at all and  most prob cost SEGA more money than they made for the deal , so its little wonder SEGA didn't want to continue, much less fund Bay II

But Bayonetta 2 being awesome is down to Platinum Games, all they ask from their publishers is to be hands off and let them do their thing

Nice to see somebody gets it . Bayonetta is Platinum game and all this talk of SEGA or Nintendo references makes it somehow their games is just a bit silly . 

PG have been quoted numerous times saying how grateful they are to Nintendo and the support given during the development of B2.

And when Nintendo drop them like a stone, watch Platinum games praise their paymasters and make out they're corp they love always wanted to work with 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #493 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:44 pm »
If Sony or MS created a lame ass game like Captain Toad, they would get thrown into a pit of shit, but because it's Nintendo, you get a completely different reaction. "Oooh soo cute, look at how Toad holds his breathe while under water"..

What makes Captain Toad so lame?  Is it because you've perceived it as juvenile?  Are you the kind of person that needs violence or photorealistic graphics in his/her games in order to feel like an adult?  Never mind that Captain Toad looks like a smartly made and charming puzzle game that I will probably buy.  Get off your high horse.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #494 on: October 16, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »
Lol,

We've all gotta admit that a lot of gamer's do kiss Nintendo's ass. I mean, let's be real for one second. If Sony or MS created a lame ass game like Captain Toad, they would get thrown into a pit of shit, but because it's Nintendo, you get a completely different reaction. "Oooh soo cute, look at how Toad holds his breathe while under water"..

To be fair, they get shit on from a great height just as often for their hardware decisions and when they make stuff like Wii Music. Remember that? Yeah...