Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280369 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 18, 2014, 09:08:27 am »
Ack! We're getting into another back and forth battle guys, could you cool it?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #511 on: October 18, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »
So I got my Wii-U set up and played the Bayonetta 2 demo today. Mmmm, that's good stuff.

I have a knock-off pro controller which works perfectly for the game, and it feels like classic Bayonetta. One complaint would be that I found the demo a bit too easy, but it's the prologue so that's fine, and my scores were rubbish so I'll obviously need to git gud.

I loved the swords and leg whip things too, they were really cool and there were a lot of combos to discover.

I hate the fact that you can only play the demo 15 times before they block it. It also seems I can't download older demos? Maybe Wii-U's interface is just buttcheeks, it's so hard to find anything.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #512 on: October 18, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »
. It is said that the demo is set on easy setting.

I think u can search for demos in the eshop. At the home menu theres a demos section somewhere. If you feel like it, Try out the wonderful 101 demo as well
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:03:43 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #513 on: October 19, 2014, 10:01:51 am »
As for people overplaying it...matter of opinion...but that is to be expected i guess because the title really came at a time where it seemed sega was getting its act together.

People do over play it imo, There's SEGA references in Snatcher and a classic one with the end of the game, but I'll not class it as a SEGA title , There's SEGA VF characters in DOA V , but deep down it's a Temo game . I'm pretty sure Activision own the IP rights to Destiny (could be wrong though) but there sure as hell funding the game , but I'll still class it as a BUNGiE game . That's the only point I'm making [size=78%] [/size]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2014, 11:47:23 am »

People do over play it imo, There's SEGA references in Snatcher and a classic one with the end of the game, but I'll not class it as a SEGA title , There's SEGA VF characters in DOA V , but deep down it's a Temo game . I'm pretty sure Activision own the IP rights to Destiny (could be wrong though) but there sure as hell funding the game , but I'll still class it as a BUNGiE game . That's the only point I'm making [size=78%] [/size]

Not a fair example..Snatcher was a Mega CD exclusive in a way...DOA is a cameo... The games were talking about are titles specifically made for Sega and paid for by Sega and owned by Sega..so you should keep it in that context.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #515 on: October 19, 2014, 01:06:09 pm »
.Snatcher was a Mega CD exclusive in a way

We all know it wasn't and isn't . The only exclusive thing about Snatcher on the Mega CD  is the english translation .

DOA is a cameo..

Yep just like the SEGA and Nintendo ones in Bayonetta 1 and II. 

Like I said with destiny and the like . I'm not trying to be clever or pick a fight . In the same way I don't really see Density as Activision game , I do need Bay 1 and II as SEGA games , that's all 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #516 on: October 19, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »

We all know it wasn't and isn't . The only exclusive thing about Snatcher on the Mega CD  is the english translation .

Yep just like the SEGA and Nintendo ones in Bayonetta 1 and II. 

Like I said with destiny and the like . I'm not trying to be clever or pick a fight . In the same way I don't really see Density as Activision game , I do need Bay 1 and II as SEGA games , that's all 

Except DOA wasn't made for Sega. So no its not the same thing and you know it. No one is saying the references make the game Sega...we all know that the game is owned by Sega. So again its a pointless debate.

I do need Bay 1 and II as SEGA games , that's all 
Its good for you to admit it. Now let's discuss the game instead of trolling you're points again. We have both been warned on this so please do not ignore BTN's requests...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #517 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:04 am »
European review embargo has been lifted today, and more reviews >90 >95 @100 have shown up.

Chances that the average score can still go up. Really nice to see platinum being recognized once again by another great game.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #518 on: October 21, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »
No one is saying the references make the game Sega..

Some have though . Like I say I'm not wanting to pick a fight or be clever , just because SEGA owns the IP rights to Bay - That to me doesn't really make it a SEGA game. In just the same way the likes of EA or Activision got their check books out to buy the rights to TitianFall or Destiny  SEGA did just the same for Bay .

Now let's discuss the game instead of trolling you're points again.

Its not trolling . A troll on a videogame board will tend not to own the Hardware or games in question they choose to pick a fight in and just slag a game or hardware off with own every play the game or hardware, just to get a response . There's vast difference imo 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #519 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:25 am »

Some have though . Like I say I'm not wanting to pick a fight or be clever , just because SEGA owns the IP rights to Bay - That to me doesn't really make it a SEGA game. In just the same way the likes of EA or Activision got their check books out to buy the rights to TitianFall or Destiny  SEGA did just the same for Bay .

Its not trolling . A troll on a videogame board will tend not to own the Hardware or games in question they choose to pick a fight in and just slag a game or hardware off with own every play the game or hardware, just to get a response . There's vast difference imo 

Don't be silly TA. You are trolling because you are repeating points that's been done to death in this thread alone.

And no...its hardly the same. SAKURA TAISEN by that mark isn't a Sega game. Neither is WONDERBOY. Neither are a lot of many old Sega titles that you say are Sega aren't because they were made outside of the Sega first party structure..

Offline ROJM

« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2014, 06:06:05 am »
European review embargo has been lifted today, and more reviews >90 >95 @100 have shown up.

Chances that the average score can still go up. Really nice to see platinum being recognized once again by another great game.
Do great scores sell games though....

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2014, 06:17:45 am »
Do great scores sell games though....
I'm not sure. I think to an extent but it also depends on the game. The last of us for example was a game that could have easily reached great sales with an average of 80, but because of the review scores it may have sold double/tripple. It really benefited from review scores and the goty awards. Now imagine if bayonetta 2 sold "decently" now. And later it won a lot of goty awards. Its good publicity at least

Offline ROJM

« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2014, 10:20:58 am »
I'm not sure. I think to an extent but it also depends on the game. The last of us for example was a game that could have easily reached great sales with an average of 80, but because of the review scores it may have sold double/tripple. It really benefited from review scores and the goty awards. Now imagine if bayonetta 2 sold "decently" now. And later it won a lot of goty awards. Its good publicity at least

Yes but Bay 2 not only needs to be a hit it needs to shift Wii U's...and that's the problem. The WiiU hasn't got enough gamers that would buy Bay 2...and the people who would buy it don't have a Wii U and more likely wait until it becomes so cheap that it wouldn't matter anymore...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:21 am »
The day is nearly upon us gentlemen.

It's been a long time coming, but tomorrow Bayonetta 2 is released on an unsuspecting public. The return of one of the best action games ever created, will it match the first in terms of gameplay excellence, wondrous musical score, superb graphics and ludicrous story?

Are you going to be playing it with a smile on your face the entire time?

This is the thread for discussing the game, if only for the release week. No controversy, no anger, just Bayonetta fun and love.

For one week, this topic is about discussing the game aspect of Bayonetta 2. So that people who have bought the game have a place to discuss it without getting their hype drowned out by politics and sales talk.

Discussions prohibited during the first week in this topic include:

• Sales
  • Publisher Politics
  • Review Scores
  • Anyone caught posting about any of the prohibited discussions in this topic, negative or positive, will have their post removed and possibly a warning issued. This one week topic is to strictly discuss the game, not the aspects that cause arguments.

THE WITCH IS BACK!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRy6XfJ8mI

Offline ROJM

« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2014, 08:06:35 am »
SEGA!PG! and nintendo...does that count as political?

I've played the japanese version so i won't say anything until people have played the western game...