Author Topic: Phantasy Star - Official Thread  (Read 213672 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Phantasy Star - Official Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2021, 06:42:55 pm »
Yeah, it is summer after all.  ;-D

Still, if I visit the beaches of South Aelios or visit Wopal I doubt I woud find it littered with bikini beach beauties. Maybe Oceanids that want to kill me.
Plus I don't have any beachwear.

Speaking of space waifu's, who's your fave in the PSO2 games?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2021, 11:45:34 pm »
Speaking of space waifu's, who's your fave in the PSO2 games?

If it's limited to PSO2 it's Risa

But if it's PSO2 universe (which means also counting Idola and PSO2es mobile games), it's Jeanne (a.k.a Gene)

If it's from all of whole Phantasy Star series, then it's Nei.
I was kinda shocked when she died.
First playable character dead experience for me, long before Aerith and Alys.

So how about you. Who's your favorite waivu?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2021, 12:47:40 pm »
So how about you. Who's your favorite waivu?
I don't really have a "Space waifu" from Phantasy Star, mostly because I've only played PSO2 and New Genesis. I can barely remember playing PSO1 from Dreamcast.

While the obvious choice would be Matoi, it feels like that's more of the story pushing us together than genuine feelings on her. I mean don't get me wrong she's definetly my type but I still think she is intended for Ash. Ash is PSO2s default Hunter and protaonist of the game, it's ment to be his story. We the players are just filling his shoes.

I do see the appeal in Risa. She is someone I would normally feel at odds with with due to her dacnolagnomania but getting to know her more I can see why she is still a nice person. I would be tempted into a commited relationship with her but the same part of me that would love her would also fear her, and know I can never fully satisfy her without her gun to my head.

Quna is perhaps close to someone I'd regard waifu, and not because of how popular she is as an idol but from getting to know her through ehr story arc with Hadden. How she needed time to get to know me and me to her as well. It just felt more genuine than the story scooting me with Matoi.
Pati I also think is cute, though will admit she is a bit ditzy. I also have trouble keeping my eyes to her face at times.

As for New Genesis I'm pretty torn between Aina and Mannon, my new "friends" in New Genesis. I suppose if I had to choose it be Mannon.

Sorry if it's not a very clear or definite answer on who's my number one waifu is. I never really felt a proper connection with any of them off the bat (Nothing like the first time I watched MLP:FiM and had knew Fluttershy was my waifu the moment we meet her) Maybe if the story of PSO2 was less scripted on how my character interacted with others and perhaps implimented a "dating sim" feature of sorts I'd feel more sure about it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:51:44 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2021, 03:17:39 am »
I don't really like Matoi in the PSO2 since she's just generic protagonist who accompanies main character.
But I do really like Matoi in Idola since she's changed a lot. After years of experience in PSO2 and now has been separated rom Ash (for some years), she's like a different person. Very calm and confident, she has matured a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Yh9r6xcKk

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2021, 11:10:22 am »
Hm... maybe Idola takes place the same time as New Genesis? I never played Idola so I dunno if there is a thousand year gap between Idola and PSO2.

I do ship Ash and Matoi because at least Ash is able to respond to her. But when NPCs ask questions to us players the "multiple answers" (all two of them) are usually just the same answer worded different, other times it's just a single response that required a prompt.

If I were to make a "Phantasy Star Online 3", or the very elast a "Phantasy Star Universe 2" (I never played PSU so I don't know the difference between an Online Phantasy Star game or a Universe Phantasy Star game), I would have the story mode double as a dating sim of sorts. Whenever an NPC talks to you they may ask questions that value your oppinion. Depending on the answer will reward or deduct points towards their 🎁 stat. A negative friendship may result with alternate dialogue, such as them welcoming you or scalding you for your presence or alternate characters to replace certain cutscene events if they want to avoid you.

I know this idea sounds stupidly complex butgiven we're playing as custom characters with limited dialogue, complexcity is all we have to go for for our characters individuality.
Besides I've seen mobile games with such complexity so why not a Phantasy Star game?

Offline Berto

« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2021, 12:25:25 am »
I do ship Ash and Matoi because at least Ash is able to respond to her. But when NPCs ask questions to us players the "multiple answers" (all two of them) are usually just the same answer worded different, other times it's just a single response that required a prompt.

Yeah, even if answer are very different, if we pick the "bad" one, other characters just thinking that we're joking and treat that the option we chose didn't matter at all, lol.

I know this idea sounds stupidly complex butgiven we're playing as custom characters with limited dialogue, complexcity is all we have to go for for our characters individuality.
Besides I've seen mobile games with such complexity so why not a Phantasy Star game?

Probably because the developer wasn't interested in making the game too complex, and to be honest I'm fine with it.
If this was made by Atlus, probably they could make it more complex.
We know how complex Persona 5 Royal was and personally I was kinda turned off by it.
That's why I prefer its sequel, Persona 5 Strikers. The game was more simple.

Offline Berto

« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2021, 12:38:45 am »
Stella (Summer Memmories ver.) is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga JP

The young Stella came through time and space thanks to power of the Star Gate.
She is the childish girl Stella that was before her father's death.
It is said that it was after putting down her dolls and wearing the Iron Masks that she became extremely shy in first chapters of Episode 1.

Source : https://idola.sega-online.jp/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2021, 08:27:43 am »
Yeah, even if answer are very different, if we pick the "bad" one, other characters just thinking that we're joking and treat that the option we chose didn't matter at all, lol.

Probably because the developer wasn't interested in making the game too complex, and to be honest I'm fine with it.
If this was made by Atlus, probably they could make it more complex.
We know how complex Persona 5 Royal was and personally I was kinda turned off by it.
That's why I prefer its sequel, Persona 5 Strikers. The game was more simple.
Most of the time in the story I felt like a cardboard cutout just prop their for the sake of the story. Everyone is praising me as this powerful Guardian of ARKS and and I'm just standing their like a plonk.

It's why I believe the best character development tool a custom-made character can have his dialogue trees that actually sway the story to a degree. Or if it will at least provide the illusion of free will it should do it better than how PSO2 did it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2021, 07:19:16 am »
I'm sure they can, but it's just not on their priority.

Offline Berto

« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2021, 07:22:33 am »
Phantasy Star Online 2 & New Genesis Pass 9 Million Registered Users as Sega Announces Financials

The games have generated cumulative sales of 100 billion yen (about $911 million) worldwide.
Registered users have passed 9 million (6.5 million in Japan and 2.5 million overseas), and the release of New Genesis achieved the largest number of monthly active users ever for the game both in Japan and overseas in June 2021.
Moving on to Sega’s overall results, net sales were ¥59,447 million (+22.9% year-on-year), while operating income was ¥3,844 million, which basically reverts the previous year’s result which was an operating loss. 

Article : https://twinfinite.net/2021/08/phantasy-star-online-2-sega-results/

Offline Berto

« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:27 am »
Jeanne (The Innocent in Summer ver.) is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

An innocent girl coming from another world of Vandor.
Contrary to what her gentle character and cute appearance shows, she is a very skilled and strong fighter.
Now to enjoy the summertime with Phuramy (her friend in original world), Jeanne put on a swimsuit.
An innocent smile in a sexy swimsuit looks more dazzling than the sun.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2021, 09:30:45 pm »
A girl who's beachwear is some napkins with some jewelry stuck to her nips with gold tape.

THere's nothing innocent in this summer I'll tell you that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2021, 12:43:10 am »
A girl who's beachwear is some napkins with some jewelry stuck to her nips with gold tape.

THere's nothing innocent in this summer I'll tell you that.

Innocent smile may be, not innocent way of clothing.  ::)

Offline Berto

« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2021, 12:44:04 am »
Tyrol (EX ver.) is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

A rabbit lycan, she is Arnev's daughter.
Although she is very small, she is also very strong and a skilled hunter.
Her relations with the wolf lycans living in the Zosma Mountains are pretty bad.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2021, 10:47:57 pm »
Rabbit lycan
No, that's an oxymoron and someone on PSCrew should be embarrassed about that. It doesn't work that way. The word lycanthrope is from Greek lykos, “wolf ”; anthropos, “man”. A "Rabbit lycanthrope" would still be a werewolf, just with rabbit ears or something.

While there is no greek term for it (given as far as I'm aware Wallace and Grommit are the only media that had a were-rabbit), an accurate word would be "Leporithrope". From the greek word "Leoridae" for rabbits. Other fitting names can be Lapicentaurs or Bunnoid.

Given Tyrol looks like a regular girl with bunny ears, a more fitting name would be "Usagi", the japanese word for rabbit. (Just as anime catgirls are called "neko".)

But "Rabbit lycan?" /facepalm
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 10:55:05 pm by Mystic Monkey »