Author Topic: Phantasy Star - Official Thread  (Read 213188 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Phantasy Star - Official Thread
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2021, 01:07:29 am »
Zola EX is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

One of the Three Superior Generals of the Rebel Army.
She is from the minority demonic origins.
When she was a girl, because of her unusual looks, she was used as a plaything for people to watch.
After being rescued by Madoc who helped her flee, she joined the Rebel Army.
She is fascinated by the Rebel Army's Lord Mesala.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Berto

« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2021, 01:08:24 am »
Fans aren't happy about the price of certain cosmetics in a new Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis event promoting Sonic Colors Ultimate

For items like a Tails, uh, tail, or the ability to dash around in a ball like Sonic, players will need to spend some cold, hard cash, and a lot of it.
Unlocking Tails' tails, the lowest-level event reward in the "Treat' Chao-Self" reward track, costs 2,000 AC (PSO2: NG's premium currency), or $20.
To unlock the Sonic dash along with previous rewards in track, players need to spend more than 10,000 AC during the event period, which is the equivalent of $100.

Article : https://www.gamespot.com/articles/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-sonic-crossover-event-includes-100-cosmetics/1100-6495822/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2021, 10:23:08 am »
Fans aren't happy about the price of certain cosmetics in a new Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis event promoting Sonic Colors Ultimate

Article : https://www.gamespot.com/articles/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-sonic-crossover-event-includes-100-cosmetics/1100-6495822/
As a F2Per who can't be bothered with a twatter account, it does feel like a stamp a day is the short end of the stick for me for this promotion.

Offline Berto

« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2021, 08:59:01 pm »
TGS 2021’s Tokyo Game Music Fes Concert to Feature :
Sakura Wars, NiGHTS​ into dreams…, Phantasy Star Online, and  Sonic Colors: Ultimate Music

Tickets to the shows are available via Eventregist.
Customers are able to purchase tickets to a single show, or to both as a bundle. The pricing is as follows:
- Single Show: 3,850 yen
- Single Show with Bonuses: 4,950 yen
- Both Shows With Bonuses: 8,250 yen
Bonus items include a digital brochure, a special performance video with gaming footage, and a special streaming concert by Thumva.
The Thumva concert will include a mix of performances featuring “big bands, pipe organs, and a variety of other performance styles that are different from the main stage.”

Article : https://www.combatrevue.com/2021/09/tgs-2021s-tokyo-game-music-fes-concert-to-feature-sakura-wars-music/

Offline Berto

« Reply #364 on: September 08, 2021, 12:16:20 am »
PSO2 NGS Team Announcement - Taking a Stand Against Hateful Behavior and Toxicity

"We have suspended or otherwise severely punished more than 1,600 accounts found to engage in discriminatory and hateful behavior.
We will continue our efforts to eradicate hateful behavior, racism, and discrimination in order to make our game a place where players are safe and welcome, so they can enjoy playing NGS."

Full announcement : https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/againsttoxicityandharrasmentannounce

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #365 on: September 08, 2021, 11:02:07 am »
I didn't know such discrimination was common... but then again I play one one of the lesser servers.

Offline Berto

« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2021, 08:40:13 am »
Daily free 10x gacha pull is coming back to Idola Phantasy Star Saga for limited time!!!
Everybody who want to play the game, now is the best chance to start!

Link : https://idola.boltrend.com/en

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2021, 09:14:12 am »
So I done the Sonic week thing where Sonic gave my PSO2 character something a day.
Why do I feel it was more of a waste of time? I got some stamps, ear rings and shoes. Big whoop.

Y'know, if I was tasked to make a Sonic event, especially for Sonic's anniversary. I would put much more effort into it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2021, 12:30:07 am »
Compared to Sonic's anniversary for other SEGA games, PSO2 one sure was kinda underwhelming.

Offline Berto

« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2021, 12:43:30 am »
Aries Knight’s Diva Stella is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

Stella, Master of the Aries Chivalric Order, put on an "idol" dress.
She formed an idol unit with Quna and Windis by the name of "White Star Compass", to encourage people under the threat of Canseed with songs and dances.
She's so devoted to this carrer that her fans are increasing.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2021, 10:47:16 am »
Compared to Sonic's anniversary for other SEGA games, PSO2 one sure was kinda underwhelming.
Yeah. Could at least have had some special quests, or Xia donning the Sonic Suit F to give us some client orders in theme with the event.

Or better yet, instead of Xia, just a default human male named "Sonic-man". He's wearing the Sonic Suit M and his only dialogue audio is "Hey".

Limited Time Missions
I would of introduced a series of Time-Attack Missions, one for each location in the game.
Sonic Legacy: Forest
Sonic Legacy: Tundra
Sonic Legacy: Ruin

The objective of these Time-Attack Missions is to reach the Goal Ring in shortest time possible. All the while rings (like the ones from the lobby) are seen throughout the mission. When you reach the goal these rings are tallied as bonus points. However rings are depleted with damage is taken from enemies.
Dash panels and catapults will be present in these missions, but reskinned. Dash panels will be reskinned with dash panels and catapults will be reskinned as springs, just like the catapults in the lobby during Sonic's anniversary.

They're called Sonic Legacy missions because I named them after Legacy Missions from Sonic and the Black Knight. These missions replace gimmicks unique to the game with gimmicks found in traditional Sonic games. I can imagine if PSO2 ever wanted to do any more promotional events for other Sega games they could make Legacy Missions around them. (Such as "Sakura Legacy" or "Persona Legacy", etc)

Rewards
One particular reward I would like would be "Green Hill Base", an alliance quarter location themed after Green Hill Zone. Like the lobby during Sonic's anniversary it has rings and spring-like catapults. Franca's Café will also have the Green Hill Base throughout the event so that players without alliances can still enjoy it. The Alliance Base can be unlocked via earning a consumable ticket item.

If an Alliance Base is too much to ask, then at least more Sonic-themed Personal Quarters decor. Such as Green Hill balcony scenery, item boxes, palm trees, badniks etc.

As for weapon camos... maybe the Sacred Swords? Shadow Rifle?

Maybe a shop? Or maybe Scratch Tickets?
Perhaps rings collected throughout the Sonic Legacy missions can serve as a form of currency exclusive to the event. Xia or Sonic-man will have a shop of their own where they will exchange these rings for Sonic Collaboration items that are no longer in circulation, such as Sonic Suits, Tails Suits and maybe new suits for Knuckles, Amy and Shadow.

Maybe instead of a shop, these rings can be spent on Scratch Tickets or something. But each ticket is like 1000 rings or so.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:58:14 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:42 am »
Of course though, ever since New Genesis came out, I've noticed Xia has been absent from the fountain during events and even Quna has stopped performing.

But in New Genesis I noticed this girl (I forgot her name) who shows up at events and... well, these events are lackluster and rather copy-pasted. What she does is tell you to go kill certain enemies with symbols above their heads, collect these blue icosahedron-like currency from them to but elemental weapons in her shop. I think she also sells costumes and other things but I can't recall.

Offline Berto

« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2021, 12:39:11 am »
Yeah. Could at least have had some special quests, or Xia donning the Sonic Suit F to give us some client orders in theme with the event.

Or better yet, instead of Xia, just a default human male named "Sonic-man". He's wearing the Sonic Suit M and his only dialogue audio is "Hey".

Limited Time Missions
I would of introduced a series of Time-Attack Missions, one for each location in the game.
Sonic Legacy: Forest
Sonic Legacy: Tundra
Sonic Legacy: Ruin

The objective of these Time-Attack Missions is to reach the Goal Ring in shortest time possible. All the while rings (like the ones from the lobby) are seen throughout the mission. When you reach the goal these rings are tallied as bonus points. However rings are depleted with damage is taken from enemies.
Dash panels and catapults will be present in these missions, but reskinned. Dash panels will be reskinned with dash panels and catapults will be reskinned as springs, just like the catapults in the lobby during Sonic's anniversary.

They're called Sonic Legacy missions because I named them after Legacy Missions from Sonic and the Black Knight. These missions replace gimmicks unique to the game with gimmicks found in traditional Sonic games. I can imagine if PSO2 ever wanted to do any more promotional events for other Sega games they could make Legacy Missions around them. (Such as "Sakura Legacy" or "Persona Legacy", etc)

Rewards
One particular reward I would like would be "Green Hill Base", an alliance quarter location themed after Green Hill Zone. Like the lobby during Sonic's anniversary it has rings and spring-like catapults. Franca's Café will also have the Green Hill Base throughout the event so that players without alliances can still enjoy it. The Alliance Base can be unlocked via earning a consumable ticket item.

If an Alliance Base is too much to ask, then at least more Sonic-themed Personal Quarters decor. Such as Green Hill balcony scenery, item boxes, palm trees, badniks etc.

As for weapon camos... maybe the Sacred Swords? Shadow Rifle?

Maybe a shop? Or maybe Scratch Tickets?
Perhaps rings collected throughout the Sonic Legacy missions can serve as a form of currency exclusive to the event. Xia or Sonic-man will have a shop of their own where they will exchange these rings for Sonic Collaboration items that are no longer in circulation, such as Sonic Suits, Tails Suits and maybe new suits for Knuckles, Amy and Shadow.

Maybe instead of a shop, these rings can be spent on Scratch Tickets or something. But each ticket is like 1000 rings or so.

You really should've worked for SEGA, Lol.

Offline Berto

« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2021, 12:40:40 am »
PSO2 New Genesis Global - (Wed) AC Scratch Ticket “Silhouette of Darkness” Preview Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6NSqH32kKY

Offline Berto

« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2021, 12:53:22 am »
Phantasy Star Online's Forgotten Card Battle Sequel Deserves More Attention

The game's card battles are, for the most part, well-executed.
Each character has a set number of action points, which can be used to equip weapons, perform elemental techniques or even summon monsters.
Players can then use their remaining points to attack with these various units or guard during the opponent's turn.
It's an easy system to learn, but one that requires time and effort to master.
Fortunately, the sheer range of available cards, combined with a cast of 24 characters who all have their own unique skills, gives players a lot of room to develop their own unique play style.

Article : https://www.cbr.com/phantasy-star-online-iii-card-battle/