Author Topic: Bizzare Game Merch  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
Bizzare Game Merch
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:27:55 pm »
Here's something I've been thinking about for a while: what kind of weird game merch is out there? Stuff you don't really expect, didn't know there was demand for, and just come out of left field.

To start things off, I'm a huge Doom fan. Loved the games since I was a kid, and a couple years back, I was on a severe Doom kick around Halloween; rewatched the Doom movie, started playing the games again, and discovered a very weird series of things: actual Doom novels.

I didn't know what they were, just that they really did exist. Of all the merch I could get, for some reason books sounded like the most fun. So what did I do?

Bought them all at once. Costed me only seven dollars.

(Excuse the blurry 3DS photo and dog. My webcam is buried in a box and I don't want to get it out, same reason my mattress is bare.)

I haven't finished reading them, I've only finished the first book, which is actually genuinely entertaining. The fourth book is actually a reprint, which pisses me off because all the others are originals and have the old covers.

In order, they are "Knee-Deep in The Dead," "Hell on Earth," "Infernal Sky," and "Endgame."

I've heard all the books past the second go off in their own wildly different direction from the games, but the first book at least hits all the key moments and provides a fun protagonist. Still weird these were even made in the first place, honestly.

What kind of weird merch do you guys own/have seen? Doesn't even have to be official, could be something you bought from a fan's store.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Bizzare Game Merch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »
this perfume

I still have it. It's like..90% ethanol
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »
The SEGA PC Kids meal, specifically the Bug! figure is really weird:

Like, it looks very nice for a fast food toy, but it also was released 4 years after the last game in the series and was only released to cooincide with the PC rerelease. Unpopular character gets his own fast food toy 4 years late.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:53:26 am »
I have a set of Bayonetta Playing Cards and a weird mock-VHS House of the Dead Overkill Press-kit (which had a 'just add water' compressed T-Shirt inside.

I can't find any pics of the playing cards, but ti's pretty self explanatory.
Here is the HOTD Press-kit (not mine in this picture)

One thing I don't own, but also weird is a Mafia II lamp:

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 11:53:15 am »
a 'just add water' compressed T-Shirt inside.
What sorcery is this
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:41 pm »
Well that just takes the fooking biscuit donnit.
SEG4GES