Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 new website  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Warhammer 40000 new website
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:55:23 pm »
Hi, if there is any fan from the warhammer series, SEGA and Relic open today their new website with information and the list of games:

http://www.dawnofwar.com/

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Warhammer 40000 new website
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:24:01 pm »

Offline Deefy

• SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 04:08:35 pm »
Hi, if there is any fan from the warhammer series, SEGA and Relic open today their new website with information and the list of games:

http://www.dawnofwar.com/

Thanks for the info Mariano  ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:26:26 pm »
No problem, also thanks JR.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »
No problem.

Now to go in a corner and hope for a secret Linux port lol. Probably not happening but I can dream.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »
I posted it on the front page, but yeah. SEGA is doing a great job supporting Relic in giving what fans want. SEGA has always had a bad rep for not knowing how to support games long term. I hope this is a sign to come if they expand their western teams.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:09 am »
I posted it on the front page, but yeah. SEGA is doing a great job supporting Relic in giving what fans want. SEGA has always had a bad rep for not knowing how to support games long term. I hope this is a sign to come if they expand their western teams.

Their bad rep comes from not giving Sega fans of Sega made games what they want..everything else they usually deliver...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
When I talked about their bad rep for online games I mean't how poorly they handled Phantasy Star Universe, which wasn't a good game but didn't help that we got content on disc locked out. I'm also talking about shutting down Chromehounds and screwing over its fanbase. I'm talking about how poorly they managed all their online games that never got updates.

Offline Deefy

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »
When I talked about their bad rep for online games I mean't how poorly they handled Phantasy Star Universe, which wasn't a good game but didn't help that we got content on disc locked out. I'm also talking about shutting down Chromehounds and screwing over its fanbase. I'm talking about how poorly they managed all their online games that never got updates.

Yes this is true, primarily by a certain period forward, undoubtedly; another question is not giving SEGA fans what they want, and about this is right Joe, but quite frankly, it's my opinion that we should lower our were'nt
as to the course taken by the company for some time now and perhaps we may be less disappointed ...
but always dreaming for the better.

p.s.  also thanks JR  ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »
I think it would be better to not talk in plural when it comes to "give the SEGA fans what they want" because to be honest SEGA has almost nothing in Japan that got my attention and if they dont give us what we want is because they dont see a profit (It doesnt matter if somehow you see it...) on it and not because they "hate us" or something like that...

Videogames are actually very simple guys...Try a game, buy it, and have some fun with them, it is not necessary to spread the hate all around for whatever reason.

Offline Deefy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 07:20:00 pm »
Yeah Mariano it's all true and understandable what you say but the SEGA that I used to know was something else, and I speak of the period of up to shortly after the production of the Dreamcast, a SH that gave so much to its  customers(gamers) that even was often with budgets in red, (but here we would have to open a huge separate chapter), a SEGA who excelled at all levels and so on.

Then things have changed and specially as you say " if they dont give us what we want is because they dont see a profit" a something obviously true and definitely healthy, as well as ordinary in the business world.

Concerning the hate, no no I'm not one who believes the utility, in the end I'm with you " Try a game, buy it, and have some fun with them"   :)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:23:43 pm »
Great have some kudos.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 06:11:38 am »

Exactly..PSU was a sega game that no one expected it to be what it turned out to be and then the problems on top of that...CHROMEHOUNDS a successful launch second party Sega SOJ game could have been a good ip franchise for them but that ended up going on the wayside because of money. And that's just two examples of a long list of problems concerning sega and their games and their relation to fans. So its the same thing not giving Sega fans what they want...that's where the bad rep comes from and will continue to linger. Because its an excuse for legit complaints from the few sega fans left for other gamers and gaming journo zealots to use it as a stick to beat sega...most sega fans really don't care how relic or creative assembly are getting treated...they want to play some solid sega titles..which isn't happening.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:13:24 am by ROJM »

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:20 pm »
I'm eager to see what's next for 40k. Dawn of War was great and Space Marine was very fun. Now for that Necromunda game...