Author Topic: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west  (Read 64946 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »
1 Million + in a hard licensing middle term game was not a good sign.

In comparison with what games they have sold the most (TW and FM) and how that year was in terms of sales and profits, they had more losses than sucess. Even Virtua Tennis Challenge for mobiles has made more money than the console game later on.

Nights and other titles are in a good shape with sales on Steam. ..but in consoles,  they fail expectations as often.

I think that is clear why there is not good loyal consumers to the Sega brand in Consoles.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 01:00:37 pm »

I think that is clear why there is not good loyal consumers to the Sega brand in Consoles.
Brand wise SEGA just don't push and cultivate their brands as well as Nintendo do. Nintendo basically live off of recreating the same 12 or games in the same brands over and over again with better graphics for the past 30 years. I do prefer SEGA for their output, but I do wish they would build upon their brands.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
Ah Trippled has been using Steam Spy too. I was using it all day yesterday. Thinking of making an article on successes and none successes. But yes, Mickey game only did like a bit over 40k. Where are all the retro guys bitching that they want more legacy content when it comes to actually buying the game? Oh... right. Their in forums complaining about Total War and Football Manager while the games are selling millions.

Offline Nirmugen

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »
I think now is the time when Sega needs to do more things with PC at least. No matter if they released a old game,  if they do a good PR and have a good community like often they had, they can achieved something.

They already have a good spoken word in that market and we need to push forward even if we dislike that x game is not re-released or got a sequel/remake/etc.

Just see what happen with VC and Alien:Isolation,  PC gamers embrace them. The good calls are functioning and we can expect more from that.

I know that most people that play only in consoles are gonna be pissed by this things but c'mon, it's almost 14 years since Sega is a third party and in many ocasions it was completely ignored or they only care about Sonic (like him or disapproval this and that from him) and only buy cheap stuff from the company.

Of course that Sega has multiplatform projects on the way (both New Sonic Game and new CA Console team  game) but don't expect too much multiplat now. This is not a good or bad thing, it's the only option that they have after so many terrible things from SoA and really good but not in the right time moves from SoE. That's the deal fom now on.

Offline George

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 02:06:18 pm »
I think SEGA not being exclusive to Nintendo is good for the company. Porting from PC, PS4 and Xbone is easy due to the systems being quite similar to each other. Unlike last generation where Sony was its own system and sales where all over the place (Wii doing amazing, then doing poorly. PS3 doing terrible and picking up steam in the end. 360 doing great to good).

This time around it seems that Playstation 4 will be the front runner and Xbone will claw its way to sell more (which is fine). But at least this time its not that hard to port between those two.

Sadly for the Wii U, being so different might mean 'new experiences' but it also means they are ignored due to downgrading/porting costing more on their system.

Basically think if Tembo the Badass Elephant is any sign, going PS4, Xbone and PC for title is the best bet (unless SEGA signs a contract for console exclusivity with Sony like Capcom did with Street Fighter V). 

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2015, 12:59:42 pm »
Eh. I just gave up on it coming to the west. I've just been playing the Japanese version instead. ;)

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2015, 05:06:08 pm »
PSO2 items are coming to Sonic Runners, and Sonic Runners has an official soft launch in North America (canada). What a troll. Then again, wouldn't be the first time SEGA did this to us. Project Diva F has PSO2 reference in it.

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »
Hell NiGHTS on Steam did better than the Mickey Mouse game (info from the SteamSpy website http://steamspy.com/dev/SEGA)
Steamspy does note that the NiGHTS numbers may be inaccurate. As much as I'd like them to be correct, it's hard to believe NiGHTS could have outsold Jet Set Radio and almost match Sonic Adventure 2 sales, given how those two sold a lot better than NiGHTS on XBLA and PSN.

Offline George

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2015, 10:35:16 pm »
Its funny that people here hate on Total War and Football Manager franchises but those teams where so fucking cheap (around 25 million for both, is that correct?) and made their money back so fucking fast. Empire did 3> million copies and Football Manager 15 sold 800k and it hasn't been on deep sale at all (40 dollars plus per copy).

People wonder why they aren't getting legacy releases and don't even bother themselves to buy it (general fan). There was a guy online bitching at me that SEGA should make another Shinobi and Shining Force game and when I told him that Shinobi had a 3DS game he didn't even know it existed. Great, stop bitching and play SEGA games before complaining about a new one. People like this make SEGA fans look like jokes.

Not even Sonic is selling over a million anymore. That is literally the last SEGA franchise born inhouse... and while I do talk shit about fans its also SEGA's shitty marketing department and management. SEGA needs a radical new approach on how they reach gamers, because what they are doing now (aka only advertising Sonic and Alien games) isn't working for them in the long run.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 07:42:09 am »
All that matters at the end of the day is quality titles.

And that's where SEGA Japan are falling fast and are offering little of note to the console or PC gamer .
If you don't like the genre, or the hardware then that's your problem
You might want SEGA Japan just to be a moble developer I don't . I miss the day of counting down the weeks for the next Big SEGA Japan game . None of which ones gets with a Mobile game . 
If anything could happen this year, we will get Yakuza 5, Miku, DBFG, 3D Classics,  Another Digital Western IP and maybe the next-gen multiplat Sonic. What more did you want with how the market is it now? Another failure like Sega Heritage, Virtua Tennis 4 and more

Sigh.. Think like that SEGA Japan might have well give up on console and PC development . Its hardly a great line up and Virtual Tennis IV sold better than any Yakuza game to date .
Sonic Dash has almost 100 million downloads and 1+million daily users active. "Sonic is dead and Sonic is not relevant to peole anymore" my ass.Do I need to tell you how good they are doing in Japan? Oh well, I think I need to talk about how any freaking japanese dev are leaving the consoles

If that was true  then you'll have loads of people saying how great SEGA is, SEGA is the best developer bar none and we'll have loads of new members on here all talking about and praising SEGA mobile games and how great Sonic is Ect. Take a look on the internet, the forums and the press. Nobody really cares anymore about SEGA and even on here there's next to no talk about the likes of Sonic Dash or Runners.

I want SEGA Japan to be a major player on the consoles and PC - To the real gamers, not the kind of people that think Candy Crush is the best game ever made .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:13:38 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 07:49:30 am »
Its funny that people here hate on Total War and Football Manager franchises but those teams where so fucking cheap (around 25 million for both, is that correct?) and made their money back so fucking fast.

Or whats more funny is back before SEGA bought those companies there was next to no talk of how great Total War or Football Manager is onthe likes of Sega Nerds, nothing then but now that SEGA owns the IP they're great all of a sundden . I'm an massive footy fan I think FM is amazing and have no issues with SEGA being on the PC at all or going digital (hell a lot of my XBox game I know buy through digital)

My issues are is how  I miss the SEGA Japan that was a powerhouse onthe consoels too (while also good on the PC)  and where I would be counting down the weeks till the likes of Orta, JSR, VF , REZ, Space Channel 5 would hit the shops . I want the SEGA that be making a big action game for the consoles (say like Binary Domain II) , that is making Sonic for the consoles , that is making PSO for the consoles and showing off some major tech and being a big player on the consoles and PC - Not a SEGA that is reduced to quick, easy bloody  mobile games .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:40:22 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Nirmugen

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 09:40:31 am »
Did you really know what this site is all about for a moment, TA??

What kind of argument is that?? Derailing, complaining, ranting, acusing, hoping, everything in one post for your own sake of opinion.

Many years past since Sega is third party and you continue to want a AAA full-force high investment, low margin games  from them without counting the bads that have already showed in last two console generations and they have explained, informed and opinated many, many, many times.

If you try to live in the past, go for it.
I hope people want to play Rez in their X360....

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:44 am »
Did you really know what this site is all about for a moment, TA??

What kind of argument is that?? Derailing, complaining, ranting, acusing, hoping, everything in one post for your own sake of opinion.

Many years past since Sega is third party and you continue to want a AAA full-force high investment, low margin games  from them without counting the bads that have already showed in last two console generations and they have explained, informed and opinated many, many, many times.

If you try to live in the past, go for it.
I hope people want to play Rez in their X360....

I'm not living in no past at all. This site hardly talks about the new stuff, it's more about SEGA's past. What threads are the most talked about, SEGA old games like Shenmue or SEGA's latest Mobile game ?.  When was the last time people were really,really looking forward to be big SEGA title ? Its hardly happens these days and every time there's a talk of a secret game it always ends up in a disappointment or its some bloody mobile game

If you're a console or PC Gamer there's no much coming from SEGA these days other than FM and Total War and that's about it and all we can look forward too. It's not good enough for a corp that is SEGA. SEGA should be doing and being far more active with dual console and PC developments. Getting us all talking about and looking forward to this or that SEGA title.   
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:32 am »
My issues are is how  I miss the SEGA Japan that was a powerhouse onthe consoels too (while also good on the PC)  and where I would be counting down the weeks till the likes of Orta, JSR, VF , REZ, Space Channel 5 would hit the shops . I want the SEGA that be making a big action game for the consoles (say like Binary Domain II) , that is making Sonic for the consoles , that is making PSO for the consoles and showing off some major tech and being a big player on the consoles and PC - Not a SEGA that is reduced to quick, easy bloody  mobile games .
Couldn't agree more. Sadly, the same can be said about most big Japanese developers at this point (Konami, Capcom, Tecmo, etc...).

The big games that SEGA of Japan does develop don't seem to be getting localized with much frequency either. I'm glad they're finally bringing out Yakuza 5 though, and that they've taken a chance on Hatsune Miku and Dengeki Bunko.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
I'm not living in no past at all. This site hardly talks about the new stuff, it's more about SEGA's past. What threads are the most talked about, SEGA old games like Shenmue or SEGA's latest Mobile game ?.  When was the last time people were really,really looking forward to be big SEGA title ? Its hardly happens these days and every time there's a talk of a secret game it always ends up in a disappointment or its some bloody mobile game

If you're a console or PC Gamer there's no much coming from SEGA these days other than FM and Total War and that's about it and all we can look forward too. It's not good enough for a corp that is SEGA. SEGA should be doing and being far more active with dual console and PC developments. Getting us all talking about and looking forward to this or that SEGA title.   

I think most people here would agree with you even though we're trying to stay positive about the situation.  SoJ's internal dev studios' output has all but shriveled up.  Now it's mobile games, atlus games, and if we're lucky the occasional hatsune miku game.  With Yakuza Zero underperforming, I don't even know how many more of those they'll try and make.