Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 57396 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »
I dunno. I know they've mostly reviewed well, but whenever I've gone to play wii u games, I've felt they've come out as mediocre at best. The difference between xbox and wii u though, is the xbox's foundation are built on very basic gamers needs. The wii u was built to be a gimmick.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »
It seems to me that they're over confident about the Zelda game for it to be a major selling point when asociated with te NX.

Of course they're confident that it's going to be a major selling point. Because it is. It's just one of their most popular franchises taking a dip in most well liked format of today's generation, open world.

You think Square Enix looked "weaker", whatever the fuck that means, when they jumped a generation for Final Fantasy 15? It made them look like dumbfucks who can't manage a project worth shit but the generation skip only gave them more credibility because of the PS4. It's the exact same situation. A very anticipated game popping in hip new hardware. They did it with Twilight Princess for the Wii and guess what? Everyone played with a reversed Link.

I dunno. I know they've mostly reviewed well, but whenever I've gone to play wii u games, I've felt they've come out as mediocre at best. The difference between xbox and wii u though, is the xbox's foundation are built on very basic gamers needs. The wii u was built to be a gimmick.

Huge generalization there but to each its own. Some games are fucking great, others are pretty lukewarm and others are shit. But the quantity/quality ratio is pretty healthy considering the small library it has.

I'm still playing Bayonetta 2, Smash, Splatoon and now I'm playing Fatal Frame which is a great old school wapanese horror game. A mate of mine just bought Pokken for us to play but it's fucking garbage as far as I'm concerned.

And the controller's a gimmick, not the console. Same as the Xbone and the original "multimedia entertainment batcomputer machine" bullshit they were spewing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by Phantasos »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »
It seems to me that they're over confident about the Zelda game for it to be a major selling point when asociated with te NX. I think it makes Nintendo look weaker imho. Its a shitty desperate move that worked in the past. But times have changed.

I'm not sure if it's even going to have the same pull either, the hole Nintendo has dug themselves in is bigger than just wowing people with one exclusive. People want software (Which over the last two years have had lower than expected critical receptions) or not to worry about droughts in between (End of Wii's life, various points in the Wii U's life) which I'm not sure Nintendo are going to deliver on.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »
Are we certain the NX will play Wii U games? I feel that the hardware will be too different to be able to do what Wii U does, and they want to leave the Wii brand behind.

Offline Tad

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 12:50:28 am »
I'm pretty certain it won't. The reason the last few have been backwards compatible is because they've been based off the same setup since the GC only modified. I don't think that will cut it anymore though and Nintendo will have to start from scratch. Probably something similar to PC in order to get third party support. However, this is Nintendo, so...

@Phantasos

Sadly I've found most of it rubbish. Played DK:Tropical Freeze but found it frustrating, SLW was quite forgettable, Splatoon had a good idea, but lacked in single player and general content, Starfox (sigh) loaded with pointless gimmicky vehicles that bog down the game, Mario to be pretty weak overall, MK8 inferior to the lush environments and modes found in SEGA AllStar Racing Transformed, Zombie u unplayable due to its design around the pad, never cared for Smash beyond the odd game and W101 poor. Bayonetta 2 was pretty fun, but it's been a really struggle for me to enjoy this console at all.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:10:56 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2016, 06:25:20 am »
Nintendo goes one step further. Their consoles are not just Backwards Compatible, but Backwards as a whole. Inspiring stuff.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2016, 06:59:23 am »
Nintendo goes one step further. Their consoles are not just Backwards Compatible, but Backwards as a whole. Inspiring stuff.

Ahahaha.

At least it was worth it for this joke alone.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2016, 11:05:57 am »
Are we certain the NX will play Wii U games? I feel that the hardware will be too different to be able to do what Wii U does, and they want to leave the Wii brand behind.

My money is on it not being backwards compatible. If they're smart they're moving away from IBM CPUs to compete with the big boys. They'd have to pull a Microsoft to get Wii U games running, and then you'd need the controller with a screen and Wii accessory capability. What a clusterfuck. It's not gonna happen.

But again, we know almost nothing about the new system and everyone needs to quit reading into vague hints and NeoGAF "leaks" so much. Some of these people sound like they're experts on the damn thing. I'm a sucker for new hardware so I'm looking forward to it regardless of what it turns out to be.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 12:01:18 pm »
What a clusterfuck.
The main point, I believe.
SEG4GES

Offline Centrale

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:21 am »
Hopefully whatever it is, they'll come up with a name that makes it abundantly clear that it's a new system. I think there's a significant number of consumers who don't get it when they release something like the New 3DS and there's actually a difference between that and the 3DS... because "New" is commonly used as a promotional word and not actually a meaningful naming convention between iterations of products. Also there was a lot of confusion even among hardcore gaming enthusiasts when the Wii U was revealed as just a controller, and people weren't sure whether this was an accessory for the Wii or a new console. It's things like this that make me wonder if they even have a native English speaker advising them on what to call their products.

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:27 am »
In a day and age where I can import Gundam and Super Robot Wars games from Asia, fully localized into english, Nintendo's region locking and poor localization policies have massively turned me off them

I can live with gimmicky controllers where they go "We have these really amazing ideas for some games but we need this weird controller for it"
but I feel like with Wii U they just made the controller then tried to make games to justify it

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:18 pm »
Looking back at my predictiona i wasnt too far off with them from the recent rumors.

So a handheld thats a bit more powerful than wii u? I think it was a given they would do a handheld beforw anything else. Not only was the 3ds already dated on release, but nintendo's handhelds have an absolute guarantee to sell with games like pokemon, animal crossing and monster hunter.

Offline Tad

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2016, 11:57:18 pm »
It all depends on price I think. If it's still in the same area as PS4/XBO, I think it'll be a hard sell. I see no reason why it should be mind, it's using Tegra after all...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2016, 07:56:37 am »
“It’s a nice bit of kit, a bit of a novelty, but a good one,” said one exec that has got hands on with the machine. “It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers. That’s going to be a big job for the marketing department.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

UK retailers are also saying the NX has to be sold for under 200 pounds if it wants to sell anything

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sub-200-price-is-crucial-to-nx-success-says-uk-retail/0170679

Offline Tad

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2016, 10:44:12 am »
That's interesting to hear. I suspected it would need to be around £200, but a push for under is quite telling for the opinion of Nintendo among retailers currently.