Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56341 times)

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2016, 11:11:55 am »
So you're accusing them of lying? Based on what?

I'm not accusing them of lying, I'm accusing them of playing victim after they chose such a bullshit way of dealing with their development budget. It's a core part of the gameplay, it's an entire faction. Making it a pre-order "bonus" is bullshit, there should be any rush if you simply don't have enough money to make it. It's not a bonus at all, it's bottlenecking content.

The way pre-orders are so exploited just so developers can make the quickest buck possible is greedy as hell, it's one of the worst aspects of the industry. And it isn't the first time I'm hearing that "Well, everyone is doing it!" in this forum, that's not an excuse. You can't call bullshit on Nintendo and their Physical DLC and then switcheroo all willy nilly and become a hard apologist when CA is once again pulling money tactics with DLC.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2016, 11:57:11 am »
Sorry but undesirable perhaps yet free pre-order bonus' is not in anyway similar to on-disk content only unlockable by buying children's toy at £10 a pop...

I never once apologised for CA's DLC policy, I don't like it... However I personally have never had a big problem with pre-order incentives. I don't think they're lying or being misleading in their blog post either. I have no reason to think believe so.
Made by SEGA

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2016, 06:40:07 pm »
Honestly, I like the idea of physical dlc.  You can share it with people and sell it if you really want to.  I wish it was in a more... cheaper form for other companies to try it.
Also it gets DLC out there.  I always forget if a game I play have DLC or new DLC.  If it is in store shelves it can catch my eye.

I think Amiibos can be love it or hate it if you are buying them for the characters you want rather than seeing them as $12 DLC.  Major stuff should be unlocked through alternative means, but the minor stuff already there (costumes) I think is fair for the concept.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:46:25 pm by Kuronoa »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 12:04:54 pm »
A funny story about Amiibo I should tell you guys about.

Not that it's uncommon to do but....

I had planned to buy Splatoon and two of the amiibos that came with it, and the prices of them (at the very beginning) came to something like £11. (I wish they stuck to this).

I went to buy it on a shop, and it shot up to £16/17 almost everywhere else!

So I went to ShopTo who made it £12. (random number, but it was the cheapest).

HOWEVER....within a week of placing that order, it went up to the £16/17 like everyone else!!!

I had to enquire it because I thought that was shitty. They insisted that I will play the lowest price at that time.

They didn't keep to that promise, but I did pay £14.40 (random number) which was still better than the £16/17, but they didn't go to the lowest price, although they had to refund me the £3 because their systems are stupid to make it work (from the £17).

Honestly, the Amiibos are awful when it comes to price setting and increasing. It was £11 when it started, but now it is £15...why? Isn't that anti-consumer?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 12:36:25 pm »
I have no idea what Nintendo are playing at not making more. The excuse they use is a joke and doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. Maybe they plan of keeping it limited as they'll only work for Wii u and the next bunch will work with the NX.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:37:19 pm by Tad »

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 01:44:46 pm »
A funny story about Amiibo I should tell you guys about.

Not that it's uncommon to do but....

I had planned to buy Splatoon and two of the amiibos that came with it, and the prices of them (at the very beginning) came to something like £11. (I wish they stuck to this).

I went to buy it on a shop, and it shot up to £16/17 almost everywhere else!

So I went to ShopTo who made it £12. (random number, but it was the cheapest).

HOWEVER....within a week of placing that order, it went up to the £16/17 like everyone else!!!

I had to enquire it because I thought that was shitty. They insisted that I will play the lowest price at that time.

They didn't keep to that promise, but I did pay £14.40 (random number) which was still better than the £16/17, but they didn't go to the lowest price, although they had to refund me the £3 because their systems are stupid to make it work (from the £17).

Honestly, the Amiibos are awful when it comes to price setting and increasing. It was £11 when it started, but now it is £15...why? Isn't that anti-consumer?

Typical retail fuckery. The stores are fucking with you. Just buy online. Hell, buy anything online these days.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2016, 05:22:03 pm »
I have no idea what Nintendo are playing at from not making more. The excuse they use is a joke and doesn't stand up to any sort scrutiny. Maybe they plan of keeping it limited as they'll only work for Wii u and the next bunch will work with the NX.
I hope not.  Amiibos aren't even region locked, the tech behind them should work with NX.

NoA is terrible with stocking.  All this gen anything considered special edition is ridiculously under-stocked and I don't think they care.  They did this with the Majora's Mask limited edition and now having a hard time finding Fire Emblem Fates on one cartridge.

There is always something wrong with NoA for a long time.  Last gen it was localization, this gen it is stocking.

Amiibos in general have calmed down since first two waves.  It also faced its first real flop with the Animal Crossing line.
Stores shouldn't be jacking up the prices like that.  I won't know how it is in Europe, but here in US the Splatoon Amiibos are easy to find.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:30:29 pm by Kuronoa »

Offline segababy88baby

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 06:21:35 pm »
Typical retail fuckery. The stores are fucking with you. Just buy online. Hell, buy anything online these days.
  Definitely.  This is completely unrelated, but take for example Black Friday.  Why do people constantly risk getting stampeded over to buy stuff they can get for the same price or less online through the rest of the year if they know where to look? 

Not sure how countries aside from America do Black Friday, or if they have one even.  Would be interesting to see what it's like there.

On topic tho, yeah, I'm pretty excited to see what Nintendo's going to do with NX.  Some rumors spilled earlier from a survey that may or may not be true, but it wasn't anything impressive.  They honestly can't afford to skimp out with it this time; they can't take a slightly more powerful Wii U, repackage it, and try to sell it as a brand new console.  That just won't fly.

They also can't do what a lot of people are saying in having the exact same games between console and handheld.  What is the point of getting both of them if the only difference between them is resolution and maybe a couple of gimmicky buttons?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 09:41:21 pm »
I hope not.  Amiibos aren't even region locked, the tech behind them should work with NX.

NoA is terrible with stocking.  All this gen anything considered special edition is ridiculously under-stocked and I don't think they care.  They did this with the Majora's Mask limited edition and now having a hard time finding Fire Emblem Fates on one cartridge.

There is always something wrong with NoA for a long time.  Last gen it was localization, this gen it is stocking.

Amiibos in general have calmed down since first two waves.  It also faced its first real flop with the Animal Crossing line.
Stores shouldn't be jacking up the prices like that.  I won't know how it is in Europe, but here in US the Splatoon Amiibos are easy to find.

I don't buy them myself, but I've heard they're not too difficult to find unless it's a particular one your after as such. The Wii u section in shops here in the UK pretty pathetic mind. Skylanders, Disney have taken over their section in my local and they've just started putting PC games there too. They told me they sell better, so it makes more sense.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2016, 01:55:59 pm »
I think Nintendo needs to penetrate the mobile market. Its something they can do with neither forms of hardware they're doing now. I just dont see nintendo going full into the "mature" market. They wouldnt succeed in doing that imo.

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:06 pm »
I think Nintendo needs to penetrate the mobile market.

That's a terrible idea.

Too bad it's happening.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2016, 10:46:06 pm »
That's a terrible idea.

Too bad it's happening.
Unless there's some kind of market I dont know of, its pretty much the only way I can see nintendo find succes again. Its like even 2 consoles catering towards  that audience is too much nowadays (especially with PC gaining so much ground). I really think 3 is too much. People that like nintendo games also have very little crossover with what most 3rd parties make. Most of them probably prefer the crossover with One or Ps4 exclusives much more.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:52:32 pm by CrazyT »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2016, 04:31:32 am »
Nintendo could die for all I care.

"Why doesn't Sega buy Nintendo hurr durr"
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2016, 09:32:25 am »
I think Nintendo needs to penetrate the mobile market. Its something they can do with neither forms of hardware they're doing now. I just dont see nintendo going full into the "mature" market. They wouldnt succeed in doing that imo.

PC market and Mobile market have a massive presence in the market now.

So it'd be a good idea to be in one of those market. But I don't really care for any of Nintendo's active IPs so it doesn't really bother me.

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:55 pm »
Unless there's some kind of market I dont know of, its pretty much the only way I can see nintendo find succes again. Its like even 2 consoles catering towards  that audience is too much nowadays (especially with PC gaining so much ground). I really think 3 is too much. People that like nintendo games also have very little crossover with what most 3rd parties make. Most of them probably prefer the crossover with One or Ps4 exclusives much more.

Let me rephrase: That's a terrible idea for core gamer fans.

Might it be good for business? I guess, if they play their cards right. But from what I've played there's really no mobile game out there that does anything better than handheld or console gaming.