Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56542 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:26 am »
What is everybody's thoughts on the fact that Nintendo is acting as though NX is not a successor to the Wii U and 3DS? Think this is true? Or is it just marketing BS because they don't want Wii U and 3DS sales to slow over the holiday season.

Also, regarding the SEGA console comparisons, I do agree that Wii U doesn't hold a candle to the Saturn - but I do think it is an apt comparison given we have a hugely successful console (Wii/Mega Drive Genesis) followed by a console that failed to sell well and had its lifespan cut too short, much to the annoyance of loyal fans and customers who bought it (Wii U/Saturn) followed by a console that the company thinks will fix everything (NX/Dreamcast).

What I think sets the NX apart from the Dreamcast is that while the Dreamcast kicked off the sixth generation of consoles and had a fair amount of time to wow people, the NX is launching in the middle of the eighth generation of consoles which the Wii U itself kicked off in late 2012. I personally do not want another fucking Nintendo console. I have my sights set on the PS4 or a PS4K. Nintendo lost all respect from me when it comes to home consoles and I am not falling into their trap again with the NX.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
I think the differenfe between wii u and dreamcast is that one could own a dreamcast with pride. It was a great console to own through its life and you could feel good about owning one. SEGA was trying to make the consumers happy through its lifespan and they succeeded. So much content from left and right. There was something for everyone. I dont think Wii U will be remembered in a similar way. Nintendo dissapointed with the WII U in all ways possible except for quality I guess, which is more wasted than anything. A 3ds only generation with all teams on 3ds could have made this generation much better for nintendo in mindshare and momentum. Both of those things are gone for the Nintendo now. I think they really sucked out the goodwill in all of the consumers. Im really not sure if its a good decision for nintendo to launch the NX with so much against them at the moment.

What irks me is that the zelda delay is clearly done because of NX. This decision kind of displays exactly whats wrong with nintendo right now. Fully focussing on the future without realizing theyre damaging prospects even more with current nintendo owners. They've lost the bigger picture. Wake up nintendo and come back to reality. Start respecting your consumers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:35:46 am by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2016, 11:59:00 am »
So just a general question. Dont feel obligated to answer. How important do you think mindshare and momentum would be for the NX? Am I overestimating it?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »
No reveal at E3 and only playable Zelda booth?

Has Nintendo gone off the deep end?

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2016, 01:53:20 pm »
What is everybody's thoughts on the fact that Nintendo is acting as though NX is not a successor to the Wii U and 3DS? Think this is true? Or is it just marketing BS because they don't want Wii U and 3DS sales to slow over the holiday season.

I can see it being some sort of hybrid platform that combines their handheld, mobile and console efforts. Possibly the console unit is just a charging station with AV outputs to connect to a large screen, while the actual brains of the system are in the handheld device (controller with built-in screen). Subsequently all of their developers can focus on one unified platform rather than three. Of course this would mean it is underpowered compared to the PS4 and Xbox One, but Nintendo has repeatedly demonstrated they don't care about having the most powerful console anymore.

As long as the architecture is similar to that of the other two consoles, it will make it easier for third parties to port their multiplatform titles and scale them to the capabilities of the NX. The third party support is hypothetical, though, because it's more than system architecture that has made third parties not want to deal with Nintendo - it's a cultural problem.

Offline Tad

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »
So Zelda dated for 2017 and no NX this E3. Bad times for Nintendo fans :/

The only positive I can see is they're taking their time to rethink.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2016, 03:03:22 am »
Theyre talking about a new concept that doesnt follow up the handheld/console formfactor. I wonder what that could be

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:24 pm »
A watch? A visor? Who cares? I think Nintendo fans have had enough of the 'revolutionary' interfaces and just want a powerful console with regular controls. But they won't be getting it.

Offline SonicFan4Life

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Boredbro.com - Sonic Fan Games Online
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »
NO, Nintendo is pretty much dead to me after the disappointment of Gamecube, Wii and WiiU. Yes I was disappointed in Wii also it was like a worst graphical version of PS2 and the motion controls got old pretty qucikly, had some great games, but became a dust collector compared to my PS3, and Xbox 360 back then.

NX is based off of android I heard and will use some cloud crap for improved graphics and network play. Another gimmick POS. I will pass. I also bet Nintendo still doesn't gain much 3rd party support. Boycott it everyone, Nintendo is going to plan to hype this new sorty of Hardware and then sell a lot and not support it later. WiiU is already pretty much dead.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:36:50 pm by SonicFan4Life »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2016, 12:16:00 pm »

NX is based off of android I heard and will use some cloud crap for improved graphics and network play.

Nobody has any real idea what the system is made up of yet. Don't buy into what losers on forums theorize about. It's all just their imaginations. People have been saying Nintendo was going to cave in and make some generic Android device for years now. It's not going to happen.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »
No one said its based on Android, they said that it uses a modern OS system LIKE ANDROID. Meaning they took mobile ideas and used it for NX.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2016, 08:28:59 am »
The problem isn't anything about the NX so far, since Nintendo is getting ready to talk about it soon. The problem is that Nintendo completely left the WiiU to die before they release the NX. They pulled a TLG and FF15 with Zelda U and delayed it another full year for a double NX release. Meaning the WiiU lost its most meaningful exclusive, it fucking baffles me that companies to this shit all the time.

Considering the NX will 99% have BC, no one is going to fucking buy a WiiU anymore and Nintendo is better off porting every game they have with a big following and live community. There's only so much Smash, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon can do for a paperweight of a console.

Their continuous indifference to E3 doesn't really help either. It's like they allow themselves to ditch the WiiU without a care after the life support money they're getting from amiibos and now mobile.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:30:32 am by Phantasos »

Offline Tad

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 11:48:01 am »
To be fair, the Wii u should have been scrapped after that awful E3 unveil. It's a poor excuse for a console and they were clutching at straws to prove it's value from day one.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2016, 12:10:32 pm »
The WiiU's alright. Good games there. Nintendo just couldn't manage it worth shit. The Xbone had the worst fucking release of any AAA console in history and they managed to turn that shit around pretty fucking brilliantly.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2016, 04:02:24 pm »
It seems to me that they're over confident about the Zelda game for it to be a major selling point when asociated with te NX. I think it makes Nintendo look weaker imho. Its a shitty desperate move that worked in the past. But times have changed.