Author Topic: PS3 repairs itself after major bug  (Read 26396 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: PS3 repairs itself after major bug
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 10:59:21 am »
Quote from: "SOUP"
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Sega fanboy = hates Sony

Seeing as this is a Sega fan site, I'd think this sort of view would be accepted. Are you a Sega nerd or just a "bit" of a Sega nerd?

I got my PS2 for Yakuza and Virtua Fighter, my PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza 3, and my PSP for Crush and Valkyria Chronicles 2.
Missing out on these games for hating Sony, or any other reason, you're just missing out.

Trust me, I'd love to try those games, but owning both current gen HD systems doesn't interest me. A majority of games are cross-platform, so buying a $200+ system to play two Sega games and the third game from Team Ico isn't a justified purchase. I can hold out until 2012 when a PS3 is $100 or less and the games are budget titles. Hey! Maybe by that time Yakuza 4 will be announced for the US! :)

Lack of PS2 BC is another reason why I won't get a PS3. Having a near-broken PS2 already and around 20 PS2 games to play would lead me to buy another PS2 before a PS3. The fact that only a few specific models do this and go for $$$ on ebay doesn't equal "but the PS3 IS backwards compatible!!!"

The selling point of the 360 that appealed to me was that it offered better versions of cross-platform games (better graphics in Unleashed and Bayonetta, extra content in SASAR, online play for VF5, many XBLA games released months to a year before the PSN versions with some being XBLA exclusives, Rare developed games). Also, the 360 could play older Xbox games! Finally a chance to put the ugly black box in the closet. I never played DOA Beach Volleyball (a non compatible BC game) so no worries. :P Finally, at the time of my purchase, the slim did not exist and the 360 was $100 less than the PS3 model I could've bought. Aaaaand Netflix was not on the PS3 at the time... and is still inferior to the PS3 Netflix.

Alright, alright. So I'm mostly kidding on my Sony hate. Obviously I'm a big Sega fan, and when it came down to choosing a console last year I DID consider the PS3. However, the reasons above led me to find that it was not the console for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2010, 11:28:20 am »
Trust me, I'd love to try those games, but owning both current gen HD systems doesn't interest me. A majority of games are cross-platform, so buying a $200+ system to play two Sega games and the third game from Team Ico isn't a justified purchase. I can hold out until 2012 when a PS3 is $100 or less and the games are budget titles. Hey! Maybe by that time Yakuza 4 will be announced for the US! :)

Lack of PS2 BC is another reason why I won't get a PS3. Having a near-broken PS2 already and around 20 PS2 games to play would lead me to buy another PS2 before a PS3. The fact that only a few specific models do this and go for $$$ on ebay doesn't equal "but the PS3 IS backwards compatible!!!"

The selling point of the 360 that appealed to me was that it offered better versions of cross-platform games (better graphics in Unleashed and Bayonetta, extra content in SASAR, online play for VF5, many XBLA games released months to a year before the PSN versions with some being XBLA exclusives, Rare developed games). Also, the 360 could play older Xbox games! Finally a chance to put the ugly black box in the closet. I never played DOA Beach Volleyball (a non compatible BC game) so no worries. :P Finally, at the time of my purchase, the slim did not exist and the 360 was $100 less than the PS3 model I could've bought. Aaaaand Netflix was not on the PS3 at the time... and is still inferior to the PS3 Netflix.

Alright, alright. So I'm mostly kidding on my Sony hate. Obviously I'm a big Sega fan, and when it came down to choosing a console last year I DID consider the PS3. However, the reasons above led me to find that it was not the console for me.

Fair enough.  I had a similar debate between which console to get, but MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Yakuza were just more appealing to me than Halo 3, Gears of War, and the titles on XBLA.  Pretty much everything else is on both systems, so it's not really a big deal either way.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:31 am »
Hooray! :D

Thanks for the kind reply and for understanding. If I had karma points to give, I'd let you have some. What's the 'bits equivalent? Bit Bux?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 10:54:56 pm »
Hooray! :D

Thanks for the kind reply and for understanding. If I had karma points to give, I'd let you have some. What's the 'bits equivalent? Bit Bux?

No problem  :mrgreen:

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:11 am »
Why do I have to hate Sony to like SEGA? Makes nosense.

Its like saying if your are French, you have to be a coward. I don't care who makes the console, as long as it has games I want. I own 360/Wii/PS3 and use the PS3 more because it doesn't break down like a turd and isn't shitty (wii).

If SEGA decides to release a console, I would obviously support it and buy all games on that console. But I won't deprive myself.

Again, I don't care if you don't buy a PS3, but you obviously hate the company. Its just a company, they didn't rape your mother *yet*.

Offline ImSmartUrDum

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Do not turn on your PS3 Phats, Major Bug
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 02:49:15 am »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
Damn, I really wanted to play SASAR today but I dont dare touch my console incase it gets bricked.

Oh well, I've still got my 360; as unusual as it seems to be relying on this poorly constructed system I am glad to own it.

ReverendBurns is actually a bit of a youtube celebrity, just to those who ma have misunderstood his video as being for real, he is taking the piss out of people who do what he is doing just now.  I think it is called satire or something!

Anyway, yes, he is most famous for a video response he made for iShatOnU in response to "Ginger's have souls" in which he screams "Suck on my man titties you ginger bitch!"  before jiggling in slow motion whilst yelling.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 04:59:03 am »
Quote from: "George"
Its like saying if your are French, you have to be a coward.

No it's like saying if your French, you are meant to hate the English, which you are!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:14 am »

Its like saying if your are French, you have to be a coward. I don't care who makes the console, as long as it has games I want. I own 360/Wii/PS3 and use the PS3 more because it doesn't break down like a turd and isn't shitty (wii).

If SEGA decides to release a console, I would obviously support it and buy all games on that console. But I won't deprive myself.

Again, I don't care if you don't buy a PS3, but you obviously hate the company. Its just a company, they didn't rape your mother *yet*.

Chill dude. No need to bring the French, turds, my mother and rape into this.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2010, 01:11:11 pm »

Chill dude. No need to bring the French, turds, my mother and rape into this.
You have basically just said "Don't be George."

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2010, 02:32:51 pm »
I want to send a terminator back in time to kill the first person that thought rape was something funny to talk about.