Author Topic: Is AM2 just a brand name, just like Sonic Team?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Is AM2 just a brand name, just like Sonic Team?
« on: December 25, 2012, 05:20:47 am »
It's obvious that Sonic Team doesn't really "exist" anymore, videos of PSO2 being made in the Sonic Team office (with the Sonic plushies) make it obvious.
Rythm Thief is technically also a Sonic Team game, being directed by Shun Nakamura. Now only Sonic games have the "Sonic Team" name on it, for whatever ridiciolus marketing reason.

Could it be, that the same thing happened to AM2? Only on After Burner Climax and VF5 you see the AM2 logo anymore. But they have made other games, from the Lindbergh catalouge on...
To me it seems like AM1, AM2 and AM3 just blended in together.
Why is it said that AM2, are working on Border Break? Could easily be AM3 staff, since they made Virtual-On.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Is AM2 just a brand name, just like Sonic Team?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 03:13:20 pm »
I don't have specific info on the staff of these teams, but are the Chicago Bears still really the Chicago Bears now that George Halas or Mike Ditka is no longer coaching them?  Time marches on and people move on in their careers.  Hopefully something about the philosophy and technical excellence of the team continues.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:01:53 pm »
Nagioshi must be the longest serving game there right?

Or is that female producer from AM7 (sorry, I forget her name), the longest serving SEGA employee?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:42:40 pm »
Nagioshi must be the longest serving game there right?

Or is that female producer from AM7 (sorry, I forget her name), the longest serving SEGA employee?
Rieko Kodama? If so, she's still works for Sega. I kinda wish Noriyoshi Ohba still worked at the division.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site