Poll

Do you think there will be a Second American Civil War because of homosexual marriage?

Yes
1 (11.1%)
No
7 (77.8%)
Maybe
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Second American Civil War  (Read 9561 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Second American Civil War
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »
I agree. There is nothing civil about war.

I don't even like discussing these sensible subjects because people get easily hurt with eachother's opinions, let alone stab everyone.

(btw, the poll resembles an enormous penis, which is amusing in a thread about this subject)
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Second American Civil War
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:48 pm »
Yeah, really don't like where this topic is heading.

Look, if you want to have a civil discussion about marriage rights, great. But don't kick off a topic as a veiled attempt to segue into letting it be known that you want to join a militia to fight and kill people who believe in equal rights.

Locking it for now, perhaps forever. If somebody aside from the topic starter wants to create a new post ignoring this whole civil war discussion go on ahead.

---

My two cents: there isn't going to be a second civil war. That's just plain silly to even think that. First civil war was not simply started because people didn't want rights for a group in America. It was a number of reasons: it was a matter of slavery, and making the very difficult transition out of it. It was the election of Abe Lincoln. It was because of big economic and social differences between the North and South. It was because of the Abolition Movement.

Gay folks aren't enslaved. Our economy is will not live or die by them getting more rights (if anything, it could improve due to the growth in the number of weddings). Sure there are a lot of kooks out there who will say they will go to war against it, but will they actually up and do it? Probably not. Those who do? Good luck organizing an anti-gay militia.

America is just too damn diverse and connected for such a thing to occur. At least, right now. Hey, look at this this way: Barack Obama has been in office for nearly 5 years. Did the nation go to war? Nope. Did some people disagree? Of course! But even those who say "let's go to war!" are all talk. Sorry. I just can't see it happening.