Author Topic: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?  (Read 29470 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 06:44:39 am »
A Steambox by Definition/Specification must come pre-loaded with SteamOS.

As of today, Sega only has 1 game on SteamOS, which is FM 2014. While FM15 and Rome 2 are on the way(With COH 2 and Empire:TW unofficially enroute via SteamDB repos), it would bring up the total to 5 games.

That simply wouldn't be anything to go and try and sell most hardware platforms with. I know one could still buy other games on it, but talking strictly Sega, until their Linux support becomes stronger, a steambox is not even too feasible in itself.

The only way i can see that happening is if they approch Sega to put their name in the box..i don't think Sega would want to get involved in any consumer home consoles for the time being at least..even if it makes more sense to do so...

And as for content..come on, sega has loads of digital titles that are available on steam and other networks. Its a simple process of putting them on steam as well as the ammount of PC titles that they have here and in Japan. I would love to play TOTAL WAR and VF SHOWDOWN on the same system..

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 09:25:22 am »
I'll repeat Again.

A "SteamBox" MUST come with SteamOS. SteamOS is NOT simply a client, it is an operating system.

Having a game run on Steam is not the same as having it run on SteamOS. Sega only has ONE game on SteamOS as of current, with some officially and others unofficially coming. My point being that while they are including some of the heavy hitters, they would still need more.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
I'll repeat Again.

A "SteamBox" MUST come with SteamOS. SteamOS is NOT simply a client, it is an operating system.

Having a game run on Steam is not the same as having it run on SteamOS. Sega only has ONE game on SteamOS as of current, with some officially and others unofficially coming. My point being that while they are including some of the heavy hitters, they would still need more.

I get that point but like i said it isn't hard for them to transfer there content to that system if they were to engage in it. half of their digital material were Xbox, PSN and PC downloads which haven't been on any other system. That's what i'm talking about. The material exits for them to do it. So the argument is moot really if they were to go into that direction they would try to get the content ready to run on the system...

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »
I'm not arguing competency, I'm arguing resources.

It takes Feral Interactive between 3-4 years to port a Total War game to OSX(usually 3). The Creative Assembly is more or less on Track to port Rome II over a 2 or 3 year cycle at this rate. Sega Hardlight has only ever ported to mobile and Windows.

I'm saying, that these games take time, so while Sega is capable of porting(Which I never argued), it will still be a considerable wait.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 04:04:56 am »

Oh cut it out...you've been told to stop it now stop it. Stop lying and spinning and taking peoples comments

You're the one that lies and spins no mean . You also love to insult people . I'll just like to stick to the facts . And facts are SEGA can't make AAA games as a 3rd party, never mind make enough to sell a console to the world
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 06:19:49 am »

You're the one that lies and spins no mean . You also love to insult people . I'll just like to stick to the facts . And facts are SEGA can't make AAA games as a 3rd party, never mind make enough to sell a console to the world

No its you and always have been. Everyone knows it. Stop seeking attention and trying to derail other peoples topics with you propaganda and you're "facts". You've already been warned now. Stop trolling.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 06:48:49 am »
Joe how about you stop the spin and lies and stop the insults and then maybe you and I can have a debate  . Don't dare try and make out that I'm nor or haven't been a SEGA fan and stop call people names and laying the insults .

Now if you want a debate and to stay on the matter. What makes you think that SEGA Japan - Who have no next gen engine to show off and have so far shown off 1 Next gen game (and that's a sharing code with PS3) and have just one next gen game now on the consoles . Would be able to pump out enough games to make any SEGA console  worth buying?

The teams next gen piplelines and the team output just isn't up to the task of that are they ?  Sonic Team no doubt have a next gen engine in the works and I would imagine PSO Team can make a next gen gine in no time but the others ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 07:39:10 am »
Joe how about you stop the spin and lies and stop the insults and then maybe you and I can have a debate  . Don't dare try and make out that I'm nor or haven't been a SEGA fan and stop call people names and laying the insults .

Now if you want a debate and to stay on the matter. What makes you think that SEGA Japan - Who have no next gen engine to show off and have so far shown off 1 Next gen game (and that's a sharing code with PS3) and have just one next gen game now on the consoles . Would be able to pump out enough games to make any SEGA console  worth buying?

The teams next gen piplelines and the team output just isn't up to the task of that are they ?  Sonic Team no doubt have a next gen engine in the works and I would imagine PSO Team can make a next gen gine in no time but the others ?

Just stop the spin stop the lies stop deraling peoples topics... you've been found out for what you are...the capcom topic this topic and so many topics ALONE has proven that. You insist on just arguing for the sake of it. You have already been told to stop by george but you insist in carrying on and on and on. That is a lack of respect for the people who run this site. But not really surprised. Keep carrying on your fantasy world...no body is listening to you any more..You really don't know when to quit...

I'm formally asking you to stay on topic or don't post on here anymore. If you don't i'm going to take this to the mods.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:41:20 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »
..the capcom topic this topic and so many topics ALONE has proven that.

Found out on what ?

Capcom haven't posted a net loss in years - Fact

Wii had a more successful launch than the Wii U - Fact 

Next gen sales are way ahead of those from the previous gen - Fact

3rd Parties make most of their money and sales from the consoles - Fact

Now I'll happy to stay on topic and I'll say again . SEGA Japan in current state isn't up the task of making sure a new SEGA console would have enough games to sell the machine .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »

Found out on what ?

That i lost the entire argument and now insist in derailing topics just to satisfy my ego? FACT!
Now I'll happy to stay on topic

You haven't STUCK to the topic since you started to troll it.Now i've asked you and some one else asked you and you keep carrying on. You're just tolling for the sake of it.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 03:53:12 pm »
If want to make and sell a console you need to make sure you can make and supply enough AAA games to sell a machine to the world . Well on that score SEGA Japan just isn't up to the task at all now is it .

What's SEGA got to offer the world of gaming  in its current state . A new Sonic, New Yakuza , New PSO and a new Diva game - Out of all of those IP only 1 or 2 can sell over a million . So sorry SEGA Japan is in no state to try and sell a console . Its needs to up its game and prove it's self on the next gen and so far it's showing its self to be inept at that sadly

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
If want to make and sell a console you need to make sure you can make and supply enough AAA games to sell a machine to the world . Well on that score SEGA Japan just isn't up to the task at all now is it .

What's SEGA got to offer the world of gaming  in its current state . A new Sonic, New Yakuza , New PSO and a new Diva game - Out of all of those IP only 1 or 2 can sell over a million . So sorry SEGA Japan is in no state to try and sell a console . Its needs to up its game and prove it's self on the next gen and so far it's showing its self to be inept at that sadly

Really clever to keep derailing the topic ..even though you are wrong in the franchise thing.....but nonethe less at least its on topic.....at last...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 02:50:19 am »
Cool, no more arguing or i'll lock this topic.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 08:39:38 am »
Cool, no more arguing or i'll lock this topic.

Thank You.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 08:41:47 am »
I'm not arguing competency, I'm arguing resources.

It takes Feral Interactive between 3-4 years to port a Total War game to OSX(usually 3). The Creative Assembly is more or less on Track to port Rome II over a 2 or 3 year cycle at this rate. Sega Hardlight has only ever ported to mobile and Windows.

I'm saying, that these games take time, so while Sega is capable of porting(Which I never argued), it will still be a considerable wait.
Would it? They'd have that all sorted by the time of the launch releases and then future titles will take that in consideration. I don't see any problem here...Sega has had more obstacles in terms of system development that they always got around.
That's if they use that type of system or