Author Topic: Just Cause 2 Demo - Chaos approved  (Read 10711 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Just Cause 2 Demo - Chaos approved
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:38:03 am »

So I just played the demo for this game. Right when the game started I saw "Squre-Enix" I was already let down, then after that it had a horrible animated cutscene  with plastic looking humans. More disappointment.

Then the game started and I was fairly impressed, the controls are a bit wonky, but outside of that it was a fun play through.

What did you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Just Cause 2 Demo - Chaos approved
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:14:10 am »
My first impressions were the same, but once you get down to it, the game is seriously amazing.

By exploration alone, I think it is easily one of the best games this generation. Right from the start you have the tools to get to any part of the world when you want and how. Every mission in the game is easily found, and everything is incredibly easy to understand.

While this video does not show off the exploration as well as it should, if you are not interested in the game after watching this video, you just do not like videogames at all.

[youtube:1nyf7t7i]fZVPqruhfJA[/youtube:1nyf7t7i]

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:19:34 am »
Thinking about giving the demo a few more spins around the tracks. I must admit, I did not do a mission when I played. I just destroyed stuff the whole time and jumped from planes etc.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:10 pm »
The first game sucked and I imagine this one will too.

The first game had bad character models, boring missions, bland environment and poor controls.
Every impression I've read makes it seem hardly changed from the first.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:41:38 pm »
Why not try out the game instead of assuming? Seriously, just try out the demo, or at least watch that video I posted.

Yeah, the first game was a steaming pile of shit, but this one is seriously one of the best games I have played this gen, and this is just going by the demo...

Most of the game is optional. You go into bases or towns or something, blow up some government stuff and then move on. You do not need to do it all at a time, you can just break a statue in one region then never go back in that section for hours and finish the rest of the area off.

Plus the island is a real marvel to behold. Seriously some amazing views in this game.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:20 pm »
I'll try the demo but I still stand by what I said.

I've seen videos already that look good, but the first one looked good from videos too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 11:54:12 am »
Derp! I just figured out what this game was all about! Gonna play the demo tonight. Looks like fun!

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 12:02:03 pm »
Played the demo and, as a fan of car crashes, it's really awesome, and possibly better than GTA IV. Now I gotta buy the real game.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 01:46:19 pm »
I've been wanting to get at least one sandbox game for the 360, and this seems to be the one I'll get. GTA is not really my thing, and I love the concept of a whole island to fuck around in. Tropical islands rule, and the game has blue skies.

Reminds me of AfterBurner Climax environments or Sonic islands (minus checkers and rings).

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:19:12 am »
What's the deal with GTA anyway? Aside from the awesome city, the whole story sucks. What a pointless game. It tries to be serious, but fails.

This and Saints Row on the other hand, offer much fun, despise all realism, and are fun videogames.
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 01:44:06 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
What's the deal with GTA anyway? Aside from the awesome city, the whole story sucks. What a pointless game. It tries to be serious, but fails.

This and Saints Row on the other hand, offer much fun, despise all realism, and are fun videogames.

I like some of the Grand Theft Auto games for other reasons. Vice City had a stellar soundtrack, maybe one of the best ever for a videogame. The voice acting is always great and a lot of the characters are really funny, the same cannot be said of Just Cause and Saints Row any way you look at it.

I seem to be the only person, but I really really really loved the shoot outs in Grand Theft Auto IV. I could not put down the game because I was so excited to have another one! I do not really like these in either Saints Row or Just Cause, but I like Just Cause 2 more mainly for exploration I think.

But yeah, overrated games and all, but to say they completely suck or just are not fun at all is pretty odd.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 04:49:25 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "crackdude"

I like some of the Grand Theft Auto games for other reasons. Vice City had a stellar soundtrack, maybe one of the best ever for a videogame. The voice acting is always great and a lot of the characters are really funny, the same cannot be said of Just Cause and Saints Row any way you look at it.

I seem to be the only person, but I really really really loved the shoot outs in Grand Theft Auto IV. I could not put down the game because I was so excited to have another one! I do not really like these in either Saints Row or Just Cause, but I like Just Cause 2 more mainly for exploration I think.

But yeah, overrated games and all, but to say they completely suck or just are not fun at all is pretty odd.
I didn't say that they completely suck. I said that the story sucks. And the try for realism over sheer fun is dull.
I really loved GTA2 with it's awesome humor (something I think it's very awful in the newer ones), and I do think that the soundtracks are mindblowingly great.
But overall the GTA series has lost most it's fun for me.. Not that the games "completely suck" cmon lol
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:14 pm »
To be fair, I think GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City and San Andreas were all about wacky fun and crazy shit rather than 'Hurr Durrr Serious sad story' (although San Andreas was leaning towards it, which turned me off it a bit.)

GTAIV just went overboard trying to be some epic crime drama, but it was just fucking annoying. Mafia did a serious crime story properly, because it took place in an ultra realistic city and had a tight and well written storyline with sensible (but awesome and really in depth) missions. GTAIV though, one minute you're hanging out with some ultra-gay stereotype guy killing his stalker, then flying a helicopter with a 'roid abuser to pick up chicks and then they try to shift gear and have some sad story about drug abuse and life for immigrants or some shit.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 08:19:02 am »
I think Vice City was where the series peaked in terms of fun and awesomeness.

Still, my favorite is GTA2 :DD
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 09:58:09 am »
I hated the 2D releases in the series because their humor was like Newgrounds' style stuff. I mean come on, a fart button? Also I thought they played like ass.