Author Topic: Have you jumped into the new gen yet?  (Read 21578 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Have you jumped into the new gen yet?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »
3 games that are like few dollars on steam = 'not a perfect world' when PS4 has thousands of titles that came out 5 years ago that don't work.

You just keep the PS3. Now you using the same spec PC you had 7 years ago I so bet you aren't .

Have fun rebuying PSN games on PS4

I'll be keeping my PS3 thanks.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »
No, but I own over 250 PC games and haven't had an issue with a single one. Period. Not everyone has room to hook up their PS3 all the time when they want to play Burn Zombie Burn. Hate on PC all you want, consoles will never match its ability to play older games.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:08:50 pm by George »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »
You just keep the PS3. Now you using the same spec PC you had 7 years ago I so bet you aren't .

I'll be keeping my PS3 thanks.

By that logic, can't you just keep your old PC?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 05:33:44 pm »
Jumped into this generation thanks to a very generous birthday present from my girlfriend.

Got Playstation 4 and enjoying some more smaller titles, but excited to get my hands on Godzilla and Dragon Quest Heroes when they finally arrive in the West.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »
The big thing for me is back in the day until around Xbox/Xbox 360 era, console games and PC games seemed to be completely different worlds.

Consoles exclusively had: Arcade racers, platformers, action games and JRPGs
PC exclusively had: Simulation, RTS, shooters, CRPGs

Ha! Yeah, I've been reading old issues of ODCM and XBN and they act so surprised when an RTS game is on a console. Most of the article is "how the hell will this work!?" and ODCM praises the mouse and keyboard accessories as being the only way it's possible.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 03:53:26 am »
No, but I own over 250 PC games and haven't had an issue with a single one. Period
You, but PC aren't standard even some of the latest games like Crysis III have issues w . I used to play a lot of the old Dos and various windows  games back in the day and still have loads of them and every now and again like the to dig the odd classic out , but games like Kingpin, Unreal (which was pain in the ass to get working with GFX card back in the day too) Magic Carpet, Blood II (and I love that game) X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter , Hallf Life Collection and various flight sims (which I used to love on the PC)  have issues on my current rig

Hate on PC all you want, consoles will never match its ability to play older games.

I don't hate PC at all : Looking over the fact that I'm all for multi platform games . I just like the easy of use of the console and the way all games look and run the same on the console (not matter when you bought it) With the PC that just isn't the case - That doesn't mean I hate  the PC at all. I would love it if SEGA Japan used the best PC tech to develop hig end games and then port it down the consoles much like the major 3D parties are doing like Ubisoft Ect .

By that logic, can't you just keep your old PC

I still have my Pentium II 3DFX III PC and my HP Media Centre PC 700Kr infact  . But setting up old PC's is a pain in the ass to play the old games  and even on those old systems some of the old dos games like 7th Guest , Dracula Unleased had issues - BC even on the PC is far from perfect. 

Not everyone has room to hook up their PS3 all the time

Yes a PS3 slim takes up so much room doesn't it . Given the PS3 is HDMI is just a simple case of swaping consoles if you really must play that PSN game and I'm sure SONY Cloud based service will be ready to go soon (but that will cost extra I know) 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:13:33 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 07:04:14 am »
Jumped into this generation thanks to a very generous birthday present from my girlfriend.

Got Playstation 4 and enjoying some more smaller titles, but excited to get my hands on Godzilla and Dragon Quest Heroes when they finally arrive in the West.
Man your taste always surprises me. I know it's really shallow of me but the zelda skin in hyrule warriors made me try out the first musou game. Wish I gave it a chance much sooner.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:13 am »
Man your taste always surprises me. I know it's really shallow of me but the zelda skin in hyrule warriors made me try out the first musou game. Wish I gave it a chance much sooner.

Haha what's so surprising? I enjoyed games like Streets of Rage and I love the stage levels in Yakuza, what can I say? I love blasting through an army of baddies! (Although hold off until you get a PS4 or if Square makes a PC version, I hear the PS3 version of Dragon Quest is quite gimped)

Dynasty Warriors definitely is a series that gets a lot of flak and sometimes for the wrong reasons. Although I know the series updates slowly, the change between 4 > 6 and 6 > 8 is always massive. If you can try out the Empires expansion of them, taking over the country and ruling your own kingdom is so much damn fun.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 07:46:46 am »
Haha what's so surprising? I enjoyed games like Streets of Rage and I love the stage levels in Yakuza, what can I say? I love blasting through an army of baddies! (Although hold off until you get a PS4 or if Square makes a PC version, I hear the PS3 version of Dragon Quest is quite gimped)

Dynasty Warriors definitely is a series that gets a lot of flak and sometimes for the wrong reasons. Although I know the series updates slowly, the change between 4 > 6 and 6 > 8 is always massive. If you can try out the Empires expansion of them, taking over the country and ruling your own kingdom is so much damn fun.
I meant the godzilla part :p. But I feel ya man. I also like the whole capturing keeps to spawn new troops at your side really great. It sorta feels like an RTS in that regard. Im gettin the dragon quest game but will have to wait when it comes out here on ps4 indeed. Looking forward to what uniques and cool modes it'll bring. They're content heavy games if impressions from hyrule warriors count for them all. So I think perhaps i'll keep it to the unique collabs instead of the real deals. Maybe some day ill try the real deal on steam . Usually they never caught my attention so with a sale who knows ill make the jump next time!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:50:49 am by CrazyT »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:38 am »
I meant the godzilla part :p. But I feel ya man. I also like the whole capturing keeps to spawn new troops at your side really great. It sorta feels like an RTS in that regard. Im gettin the dragon quest game but will have to wait when it comes out here on ps4 indeed. Looking forward to what uniques and cool modes it'll bring. They're content heavy games if impressions from hyrule warriors count for them all. So I think perhaps i'll keep it to the unique collabs instead of the real deals. Maybe some day ill try the real deal on steam . Usually they never caught my attention so with a sale who knows ill make the jump next time!

I'm more surprised you didn't know I was a big Godzilla fan to begin with!

Also Playstation 4 version has multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOZoZqaF3Q

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 08:05:13 am »
Ha! Yeah, I've been reading old issues of ODCM and XBN and they act so surprised when an RTS game is on a console. Most of the article is "how the hell will this work!?" and ODCM praises the mouse and keyboard accessories as being the only way it's possible.
To be fair, I think that's still true though haha!
RTS on Consoles is always a bit hit and miss. I think the biggest change is shooters being very prolific on console and traditional console-centric games like racers and action/platformers being seen on PC more often.

EDIT:

Akee  is DW8 on Steam worth getting? Never played a Mousou game either, not sure if it's my thing. Might pick it up one day on sale.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:13:02 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 10:34:43 am »
Akee  is DW8 on Steam worth getting? Never played a Mousou game either, not sure if it's my thing. Might pick it up one day on sale.

I don't think it's something you'd enjoy, you'd find it too repetitive and boring I think.

But if you want to hack down thousands of bodies than your money would go a long way. I haven't tried Empires 8 yet, but once I do I'll let you know how it stacks up against the rest of the series.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 03:27:09 am »

I downloaded PS3 Godzilla demo from the Japanese store, and the controls were very frustrating.  I hope it's more fun with the western release.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 12:18:05 am »
I'm more surprised you didn't know I was a big Godzilla fan to begin with!

Also Playstation 4 version has multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOZoZqaF3Q
Well the more you know :D. Mindless fun can be the best kind of fun sometimes.

3raser

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 10:46:29 pm »
I had an Xbox One. I could not use it because I don't have the right type of Internet connection at my house. I tried a different connection. The problem was that it used way to much data from my connection, and it took way too long to download. Is the PS4 any different?